• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Retro Gaming Event

Years

GT2013 Retro Gaming Event
Featuring double the retro!

Welcome to old and new faces alike for the 3rd annual Retro Gaming Event here at PokéCommunity's 2013 Get-Together, hosted by Brendino and JNathan. This year we've decided to add a little twist to the event, where we'll be hosting not one, but two retro gaming challenges! Get your joysticks ready, because this year you'll be tackling some earthbound aliens in Space Invaders, and attempting to avoid busy highways and alligators in Frogger.

Rules and F.A.Q.

How do I play the games?

It's easy! All you have to do is click on the picture of the game you want to play at the top of this post, and you should be sent directly to the respective game. If that doesn't work for you, click here to play Frogger, and click here for Space Invaders.

It says game over. How do I submit my score?

In order to submit your scores, we'll ask that you take a screenshot of the game once you've completed. To do this, either hit the print screen button on PC, or press Command+Shift+3 if you're on a Mac. After you've done this, upload your screenshot (sites like TinyPic work well), and include this in your post alongside your username and score.

NOTE: We ask that you include all of your scores in one post to keep the thread tidy. If you wish to update your score(s), please just edit your original post, as any subsequent entries won't be recorded.

What if I only want to play one of the games?

If you'd rather just play one of them, go right ahead! We added an extra choice this year in case some people didn't like one of the games, so feel free to play whichever one you're more comfortable with.

How long do I have to enter the event?

If you're reading this right now, the event has already started! The Get-Together ends on July 10th at 11:59 EDT, and we'll be accepting entries until then. Don't wait until the last minute to post or update your scores, or it may not count towards the prizes, which we'll outline below.

What if my question wasn't answered here?

If you're still confused about something, feel free to either post your question here, or send a VM to Brendino or JNathan so we can help you out.

Prizes

For finishing in the top 3 of scoring in either Space Invaders or Frogger, you'll receive one of the special emblems seen below for your efforts. If you don't manage to finish as a top-scorer in either game, don't worry- everyone will receive a participation emblem for their efforts. Even if you don't think you can win, it doesn't hurt to give it a go and pick up a fancy emblem just for trying!

fwinner_zpsaa316bc5.png
siwinner_zps5f1ca703.png
2gODz9z.png

Current Leaders

Frogger
Rizardon - 19,060
jsziede - 16,960
ForeverDash - 14,700

Space Invaders
Maruno - 362,660
Rizardon - 254,450
Totodile42 - 81,870

Last edited:

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
FROGGER

Lol went from four lives straight to zero 16 960
Spoiler:

SPACE INVADERS

This is about the best I can do... 24 710
Over 350,000!? What is this I don't even
Spoiler:

Last edited:

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
Years
Not bad...

Space Invaders: 23 040
Spoiler:

Frogger: 9350
Spoiler:

And Maruno.... How.....

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Space Invaders: 362,660
Spoiler:

Frogger: 13,590
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

Spoiler:

will play more later as this score is bad lol

Years
Those scores are pretty bad, but I don't have more time to improve them right now. I'll try to get higher scores later. Though, do not expect much xD

Space Invaders:
Spoiler:

Frogger: 770
Spoiler:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I'm horrible at Space Invaders, so I'm not even gonna try to beat any scores in that. Frogger's gonna drive me insane eventually though :(((

Frogger: 12,960
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
Not really good with space invaders.
Spoiler:

yup..

Edit:

Frogger Score:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Space Invaders
Spoiler:

Ow.. my eyes, my neck, my back, my arms... and EVERYTHING.
Gonna re-try it again.

EDIT:
Spoiler:

...I blew the 100,000 mark..................... >_>

Not gonna stop until I reach at least 100,000 later

EDIT2:
Spoiler:

Wow my arms.. are like.. really really sore... crap... I may go for 300,000 but I think I had enough of this game already lol.
This took me 2 hours to get x_x

Free Frogger
Spoiler:

I'm obviously not that good at Free Frogger.

Spoiler:

The level I've died on is really difficult...

Last edited:

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016

Space Invaders(I find this game superboring):
Spoiler:

Frogger:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

11wildy

Me!
Years
I decided to play some Frogger, got a semi-decent score, but forgot to screenshot. So I quickly played again, so I had proof I played it. I want that emblem :D

2nsxw61.png

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'm horrible at playing these games. Oh god. xD"

Space invaders: 2,880
Spoiler:

Frogger: 150
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
Space invaders:
Spoiler:

You could say i was in the zone for this one.

Frogger:
Spoiler:

it gets reeeeeally hard at level 4 @_@

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
...I don't think I can beat those high scores...Oh well, the emblem's already fine.

Space Invaders: ...15,050...
Spoiler:

Frogger: ...2,660...

Spoiler:

Back