• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Forever Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I've seen it, but it was 3am and there was no way I was going to rectify it at that hour. At any rate, I quite like the map to be honest, I have no idea why it would go from green to brown, I have never seen brown snow, and usually when it snows on grass, it doesn't go brown. The snow falls on grass, then as you make your way through the snowwy region, there's a mountain. There should be no brown.

me2hack

Graphics Artist
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2011
I meant if the snow is there due to height of a mountain. But I didn't know it was just a region that permanently had snow.

Mirby

Big ol' nerd
Years
Even if that would be the case, there is only white snow. The only reason there'd be different colors of snow would be other instances. Yellow snow is due to urine, brown due to poo and/or dirt on top of the snow, red due to blood, etc. It is never determined by the terrain below the snow, only by what may land on the snow after it has fallen. And if it's due to elevation, then it would be there year-round or close to it, right? Thus, the gradient transformation of color that the land would take on would be negated by the white snow. It doesn't discriminate.

Thus his map is geographically accurate. Think about the Himalayas; they don't do that.

I lived in the mountains; this is how I know all this about snow.

me2hack

Graphics Artist
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2011
I actually meant that when you reach a certain height it'll start to snow. So the landscape would be snow there, but before it reaches that height, you'd have the brown mountain, considering this map is made in a geographical way. I've got on example image here.
But Ab, already said that the region is just a snowy landscape and that it is not affected by the height of the region.

Last edited:
Years
I can't wait for the big update. This looks INCREDIBLE so far. The graphics, the roaming pokemon, everything about it. So so awesome!

BTW how does the game run? Just curious... wanna know if it will be a ram drainer or will it be pretty smooth for most computers?

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2010
Can't Wait For This

It looks amazing. If you need someone to test this at some point, I'm always available.

Years
Got any videos so we can see first hand progress? And also I love that you have Godric and have him described like the True Blood character lol

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I suppose I owe an explanation of why I've been lacking on updates. The game is being revamped, again. I do these periodic quality checks on my game to see what needs doing and what I don't think looks good enough. The current progression of the game is being slowed down due to the following, and you will see some of this in the next update.

• The hero has been improved, the OW's are being changed.
  • The screen resolution has been increased.
  • The menu has been majorly improved and is currently being scripted.
  • All old maps are being redone/revamped to look better.
  • The tileset is being improved.
  • New maps are being worked on also.
  • Gym Leader sprites are being improved.
  • Concept art for a Gym leader and another character been drawn (The first has been drawn by my artist and being coloured by another and the other was drawn by myself and is also being coloured by one of my artists)
  • Battle system being created for the next update
  • New rival soon to be introduced.
  • And more!
So as you can see, there's a lot being done at the moment, and a lot more behind the scenes. SO, look forward to our next update and keep on the look out.

Anyone interested in joining the team, as always, PM me.

me2hack

Graphics Artist
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2011
Wow, a lot is being revamped, means you're really into it.
I'd like to help this project, but as I'm not that long into scripting, it seems that I'll only stand in the way.:cer_disbelief:

Can't wait till the next update. :)

Headfirst For Halos

[insert ellipses here]
Years
...this thread has been added to my subscription list. I know a good thing when I see it, which is why I give compliments sparingly.

P.I.E.86

I make sprites.
Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2015
This game has great potential... hope you stick with it. If I could offer a suggestion for Houndour's third evolution, i dunno if you have something, but maybe something like this.

Years
  • Seen today
is it allowed to ask how far the process is

is it at 30% or 80%

i cant wait to play the full completed game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back