• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Something Tragic

kingofjokers

This is not a custom title!!!!
Years
yea my dog dies it was a close friend and i think a girl i like who moved away and she died moving by a drunk driver i was sad and i was only 10 when this happen so I counldnt understand life like i do now

Honest

Hi!
Years
Rest in Peace. Death is an enemy that always grips you in the end. Its hard, but we must mo on. May he be remembered.

Years
I have had a near death experience when I was a baby (like 3 months old) and stayed in hospital for well over 5 months with something called ectodermal dysplasia (I know, WTF?) and meningitis. I was on life support for about 4 months and the doctors thought I would NEVER survive (but I did) so I'm VERY lucky :)

Also speaking of which, my sister died when she was only one. My dad was walking her in the pram and my pop was working on his car and somehow is slipped into reverse and came down the driveway and knocked her out :(

If you don't know what ectodermal dysplasia OR meningitis is, search it on google or wikipedia.

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
This is so depressing. It's beyond me. It's not right that kids like that should die so early on in their life.

I feel so sad right now, when at the same time so many people in my family have died as well...

s0nido

turn up the engine
Years
May your friend and all the others that died rest in peace. Death is truly a sad occurrence, and it hurts every time a close friend or family member dies. We can only wish the best for them and we have to console the people affected by their loss. I myself have never experienced a close friend or family member dying, though my grandfather did die when was two. I could imagine my father's grief for his father dying.

Tragedies like this always happen, and there isn't much we can do about them. We should always treasure the memories of the deceased, but we should also learn to move on, and we should know that the deceased person has moved on as well. Then we can find some sort of relief in their death. Who knows? Maybe their death can inspire us to do something in their name.

Once again, I wish peace for the people that have died, and I also wish peace for the people who were affected by loss.

Katnip

Harajuku Lover
Years
I've only lost my grandpa when I was six, but I only met him once, so I didn't really remember him. Even so, I cried for at least a week, and I was sad for much longer. But a girl I know, she shared a sad story with me and some others a while back.

Her mother worked as a nanny, and so they lived in the houses of the children they were taking care of. There were two little boys, ages six and three. They had taken care of the three year old boy since he was a baby. One day, the girl decided to cut school with her friends. They drove around all day having a wild time. A few hours later, she got a call on her cell phone from her mother. The girl thought that her mother had found out about the ditch, so she ignored the call, but picked it up at the last minute. The moment she did, she knew something was terribly wrong. As it turned out, the three year old boy had been hospitalized and had died early that morning.

I really felt that girl's pain, not because someone really close to me had died, but because it was like waking up into a nightmare. I know what it feels like to have something so unreal happen that you feel like you're in a daze, and you can't think how you're going to get through it, wondering what will happen after it all. And I also wanted to say Rest in Peace, to the little three year old, to the boy with lupus, and to every other loved person who died.

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
Years
Honestly, although everyone's already said what I'm about to say, I still feel very sad for you. =[
Although I've never experienced anything like that, the closest experience would be someone who was the most important person of my life leaving me.. And I can't stop thinking or grieving over it.

Well, a friend of mine killed herself. She wasn't a particularly close friend for me, but I had known her for several years and spent a lot of time with her. She was a really funny and generally a happy person, so I had absolutely no idea she was going to kill herself. Yet, she did. Moreover, it wasn't one of those attention-seeking "attempted suicide gone wrong" things, because she didn't do it by taking an overdose of painkillers or sleeping pills or anything. She hanged herself. And she was only sixteen at the time. I've never been so shocked.

It's been over four years now and I still can't understand it. I can't help but to think whether I could have done something for her, something to prevent her from doing it. I still can't understand why'd she do something like that. It was not a thing I can imagine her doing. Yet, I can't help but to imagine what her parents saw when they found her body and how they must've felt. I don't think I can ever fully stop thinking about it. I wonder how her parents feel nowadays. I never cried, somehow I couldn't bring myself to cry over her death. I still don't feel like crying. I just feel like a huge, sad, shocked question mark.

It fades over time, though. Over time, you just forget those who have gone. I don't really know whether it's a good thing or not. In a way, it's kind of cruel to forget, but then again, you can't cry forever.

May your friend rest in peace. I hope mine does, too.

This actually almost brought me to tears ;___; I'm really sorry about that, and I think about how much that would hurt anyone to experience something like this and I couldn't imagine how much pain they would go through.

May both your friends RIP.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
I feel so sorry for you. My he rest in peace forevermore.

My cat died on the 27th of december 2007 and I was heart broken. She died because she had problems with her heart. It tore me up inside and still does. Reading this thread does. I can't believe I am posting this. She was lovely and was 17. I miss her little clippy clacky on the wood floors and her loud bursts of meow. I gave her a cuddle a while before her putting down and it just tore me up because I knew she would be put down sometime soon. I miss her so much and still cry about her death. I don't wish she hadn't died because that would be cruel. She would have suffered a lot if she had stayed alive so... I am crying now. I love her and will always. I have to live with it. I feel really guilty for her death when I have nothing to do with it at all, I just do. I got had known her all my life. What am I saying? I have known her all my life and will never forget her, even if talk of her gets rare.

NoBel_ToKYo ™

OpEN Up YoUR HoRIzOns
Years
i'm very sorry for you. hope all the people who have lost someone close are in a better place..

i remember last year, one of my closest freinds dad was diagnosed with cancer. at the time it wasn't too serious and everyone thought he'd be okay. however he died on november 24th, 2007. that is probably the closest i have to that sort of experience, as i'd known him well for several years, and gone on holiday with him twice...a lot of my older relatives were gone before i was born, so..there you go. i cried, but not much, because the last time i saw him, i said hello to him and just walked away. now i can think about all the other things i could have said to him, y'know?

An-chan

Whoops.
Years
Death is an enemy that always grips you in the end.

It's not always like that. My grandfather died at the age of 60 when I was twelve, pretty much exactly five years ago. I didn't know him particularly well, but he was dear to me nontheless. However, he had suffered from cancer for over twelve years by that time. When I was born, the doctors said he'd live for about two months, but he kept on fighting his disease for twelve long years. I bet it's because he was so stubborn (something I have inherited from him). Anyway, because he had been sick for so long, he was in pretty bad shape. For the last months of his life he was in constant pain. All his internal organs had began to stop functioning. He lost over 20 pounds or so, vomited blood, and so on. For the last three days, he was in a coma.

His wife was the only one of us to see him after he was dead, and she was really happy she did see him. After he had died, he finally looked like he wasn't in pain anymore. He had a peaceful expression on his face, she told us. And, frankly, we were almost relieved that he had died. All that suffering he had had to go trough was finally over for him. Of course, it was sad for us, but what had he to worry about? He was free. All the sadness - it was our problem, really.

Death is not an enemy. It can be thought as something like that when someone is murdered or dies suddently in an accident, but when someone dies after a long period of being sick, death is everything but an enemy. Besides, when people die, it's not like they should be sad about it themselves. There's not much to worry about when you're dead: depending on religion, you go to paradise, are born as something else or simply cease to exist. Mourning is a job for those who are left behind, who miss those who have gone. So, one should be concerned about the people close to the deceased instead of the one who has gone.

That's what I think, at least.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 16, 2023
Death although it can range from painful to something you don't even feel, it is those around that feel the pain.

I understand how you feel, my grandfather, Hawk died a few weeks back (lung cancer).
I had a strong attachment to him and at time I felt I had lost a part of myself, like an organ.

I'm happy you've found the strength to tell everyone about it, keeping it to yourself just makes it worse.

Years
My condolences to you, my thoughts with your friend's family too. I hope you're able to cope well with the load... I'm very sorry, and wish the best for you and your friends.

I lost someone very special a tad more than a year ago... It was very sad. Though my way of seeing it now is remembering him and all the good moments we spent together, so instead of being down, I smile when I think of that person. I hope you're able to do it too, brother. My humble advice to you.

Back