• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Getting back into the swing.

Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2013
I've been out of the pokemon card collecting scene for over a decade. After a recent bout of nostalgia and making a friend who still has a strong love for the cards, I've started collecting again.

I stopped collecting just after the Neo sets were released. I recall a very vivid memory of 'Natu'..? on the front of a booster and the feeling that I was to old, or just not interested as I once was.

I've made a few purchases on eBay, large 'lots' with several hundred cards. Other than getting lucky on eBay, where can I find cards? Where do you find yours? Tips, tricks?

Renpuu

Gengar !
Years
Most likely eBay will be your best resource for finding older cards to buy straight away.
Collectors sometimes don't want to collect anymore and sell off their collections so they can invest in another hobby. You could possibly try YouTube since some people like to sell/trade collections off YouTube. Meeting your local card game players may have older cards that they may wish to sell/trade away so that could also be a possibility.

Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2013
I've been spending alot of time looking at those 'lots'. Got lucky with a couple so far. But it's really hit or miss. I'm seeing alot of those 85-100$ booster boxes on eBay.

Any recommendations for buy those..?

Years
Do you have any comic/collectable fairs where you are?

Sometimes people there have binders selling cards, also the lots too.

I'm in the UK and got one coming up on the 13th :)

Back