• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Survey: Favorite GBA hack game!! ? (your opinion)

Years
I don't know if the OP is still asking, but I'd like to recommend the following hacks for anyone out there who wants to play some quality hacks:

Sienna
This hack has amazing fakes, great mapping, solid scripting, and could easily be an official Pokémon hack. It's greatly polished, has a standard story that isn't too obtrusive or childishly stupid like some hacks on this site. It's got a great level curve, a well paced story and some challenging dungeons. Also, this is almost complete! The current beta has all eight gyms if I remember correctly, so you're ensured an (almost) complete experience. Finally, I appear in this hack, so it is automatically god-tier.

Lilac
This hack has amazing graphics, challenging gym leaders and a great story! The events are really cool, and the game skilfully builds an immersive experience, which is something that I find many hacks fail to do. Even small details like the dialogue that Rocket grunts make is hilarious, and the mapping is stellar and is a great balance between realism (warehouses look like proper warehouses) and playability (very few, if any, one-tile-wide paths). DrFuji better quit university and finish this hack because it would be a crime to leave it unfinished.

Stardrop
Although this hack has been discontinued (and so you'll likely not get a full experience) the beta release has a great variety of small sidequests and interesting events that make it worth a play. Pokepal is a great mapper using FireRed tiles and the scripting is amazing. This is another hack that feels like it was something made by Game Freak - if only it was finished.

Last edited:
Years
My favorites are pretty much ^_^
1.Light platinum
2.Flora Sky
3. Ruby Destiny series
4. Skyline ( btw if you don't know Skyline pretty much isn't part of the Ruby Destiny series :) )

audinowho

Unovan Indeedee
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 1, 2024
I just started watching videos of Pokemon Vega. Ohmygod, this game is crazy. Custom music, custom moves, well-made fakemon specifically targeted at the ones that needed it, even revised movesets for existing poiemon, and ridiculous amounts of challenging. Bonus points for using Kaze to Isshoni for their New Island BGM.

cazza

Mr. Pokémon
Years
I loved Ash Gray. I was a big fan of the anime and I thoroughly enjoyed re-living the story line. However some aspects weren't spot on (Like you couldn't legitimately enter the pokemon league if bulbasaur had been evolved) but it's not finished. Also, I'm currently playing through Pokemon Flora Sky and it is very good so far!

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2013
Hey guys, what is the base ROM for Ash Gray? The image is broken in the original thread.

Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2020
I'll have to play LoG sometime.

Anyway, my favorites:

Platinum enhanced: hack of platinum, the starters are Gible, Bagon and Dratini, fourth gen move split, greater difficulty.

Dark Rising: hack of Fire Red. Dark storyline, MUCH greater difficulty (but unlimited lucky eggs and 2 vs seekers). Starters Gible, Bagon and Dratini :/

Light Platinum: world championship, completely different world, insane variety of Pokemon, OH MY GOD THE FREEBIES, lots of stuff to do. Hack of Ruby.

Yet Another Firered Hack: a hack of Fire Red (duh) that doesn't get enough love, I think. 4th gen move split (anyone who does that gets my respect). I HAVE A METAGROSS AND A HYDREIGON AND- alright, alright.

Pokemon Team Rocket Edition: hack of Pokemon Red where you play as a team rocket grunt. Starters Koffing, Ekans and Meowth.

Last edited:

Hacker Bisharp

Bug reporter
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 28, 2019
I'll have to play LoG sometime.

Anyway, my favorites:

Platinum enhanced: hack of platinum, the starters are Gible, Bagon and Dratini, fourth gen move split, greater difficulty.

Dark Rising: hack of Fire Red. Dark storyline, MUCH greater difficulty (but unlimited lucky eggs and 2 vs seekers). Starters Gible, Bagon and Dratini :/

Light Platinum: world championship, completely different world, insane variety of Pokemon, OH MY GOD THE FREEBIES, lots of stuff to do. Hack of Fire red.

Yet Another Firered Hack: a hack of Fire Red (duh) that doesn't get enough love, I think. 4th gen move split (anyone who does that gets my respect). I HAVE A METAGROSS AND A HYDREIGON AND- alright, alright.

Pokemon Team Rocket Edition: hack of Pokemon Red where you play as a team rocket grunt. Starters Koffing, Ekans and Meowth.
Light platinum is s hack of ruby, not fire red.

timson733333

Woah.
Years
Have any of you guys tried Doesnt's Yet Another Fire Red Hack?

I believe it deserves some recognition for being a very well-made hack with new abilities, a balanced roster of Pokemon, well-implemented cries for new Pokemon, a good roster of attacks from different generations, and a fair challenge without the need for ridiculous level curves (post-game is a bit unfair but everything else is good.) Recent updates have even implemented stuff like the Damp and Heat Rocks.

Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2014
Anyone here played Pokemon My Ass, It's a really wacky version of pokemon fire red, but has some hilarious (if adolescent) humor

UltimateFacepalmMaster

*facepalm* ah... I'm stupid...
Years
Hmm
1.Ruby Destiny Series(currently playing RR)I didn't quite understand the storyline in LoG!
2.Light Platinum (everythings good except the storyline-that's a bit weak!)
3.Flora Sky (stopped playing 'cuz I was stuck and moved onto RR)
4.Pokemon Ash Gray (Of course!)
5.Snakewood (Has a strange and cool storyline with tuns of fun here and there!)

Charles Dupiau

ROM HACKER
Years
My favourite hack game was Pokémon Quartz by Baro. It's the only one in which I played for more than an hour with.

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

...because i liked emerald for the battle frontier

Flora sky simply extended that fun with both C-dex and main dex versions.

Back