• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon things that really exist

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2015
So, I thought this would be fun. Come up with something in Pokemon that is actually possible with modern technology. Pretty much, if it's in Pokemon and a news story from the past eight or so years talks about it IRL, it can be put here. Post pics, links, or videos if you want (and especially if it's really cool!). As a suggestion, follow my format to make it easier, unless you can't think of a category. I'll get it started!

Move: Thunderbolt (A strong electric blast is loosed at the foe. It may also leave the foe paralyzed.)
Real life: Lightning bolt lasers ( www.gizmag.com/laser-induced-plasma-channel/23117/ )

Pokemon: Porygon (Pokedex: A Pokémon that consists entirely of programming code. Capable of moving freely in cyberspace.)
Real life: Ever met Cleverbot? It's artificial intelligence if ever I saw it. ( http://www.cleverbot.com )

Pokemon: Metagross (Pokedex: Metagross has four brains that are joined by a complex neural network. As a result of integration, this Pokémon is smarter than a supercomputer.)
Real life: Metagross is a supercomputer, and its interconnected brains are a lot like Google's server infrastructure ( http://www.google.com/about/datacenters/gallery )

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Considering this is more of a thinking-and-listing thread, I think it will fit better in PVP for now.

Also, please do not link to other forums if it can be avoided. Links to articles and other sites are okay in order to make a point, but I wouldn't want to say it's necessary to supply a link in order to post in this thread :>

-moved

Back on topic, apart from all the animal based pokémon who can pretty much do what their animal counterparts can do, I can think of some obvious ones.

Move: Bubble (A spray of countless bubbles is jetted at the opposing team. It may also lower the targets' Speed stats.)
Real life: Illustrated by the picture in the spoiler.
Spoiler:

Move: Flamethrower (The target is scorched with an intense blast of fire. It may also leave the target with a burn.)
Real life: Also pic in spoiler.
Spoiler:

I wonder if there is a way to make Razor Leaf?

Years
Is this really going to be everyone listing off things in the real world that Pokemon emulates?

Religion
Ice Cream
Currency
Bikes
Super Nintendo
Television
Lemonade
Dolls

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2015
Is this really going to be everyone listing off things in the real world that Pokemon emulates?

No, it's cool things that exist in Pokemon that are starting to not be so fantastical and now actually have real-life counterparts. Close, but different. Pretty much, if it's in Pokemon and a news story from the past eight or so years talks about it IRL, it can be put here.

Also, I have a good one.
Item Storage System / {Player's} PC.
In real life, it could be a 3D scanner coupled with a 3D printer.
Spoiler:

Back