• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Create Chespin's Evolutionary Line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Pokemon X & Y Art Battle

Want to give GameFreak a run for their money, show off your art/creative skills, and just super excited by the Pokemon X and Y announcement?
Well, look no further - this is the competition for you!

In this art battle, in a series of the three starters of Pokemon X & Y, you must create two evolutions for Chespin.

DEADLINE: MONDAY, JANUARY 21st @ 8:00PM EASTERN TIME

Rules

Spoiler:

Submission Form:

Spoiler:

Judging

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Hope you all enjoy the competition. Best of luck!

Last edited:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
I can make emblems if it means encouraging more battles like these. :D

Years
I can make emblems if it means encouraging more battles like these. :D

I noticed the lack of battles and competitions in the art thread; although, I did notice that there was a good amount of artistic and creative talent!

Yes, that would be quite helpful. Thanks for the offer.
Also, if participation is low, I may contemplate pushing back the entrance period.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024

- You may use any medium of art.
- Artwork must include color.
- Minimum of 200x200
- Maximum of 500x500
- Must include both a Stage 1 and Stage 2 Pokemon.
- Only one entry per member.
- Follow submission form.
- No previously made artwork.
- Must be your own artwork; do not take credit for other artist's work.
- PM me with your artwork submission form. (Do not post entries in thread)
- Ask any questions you have in the thread.

T_____________T;; y u do that?

Nah, I got ways of including color lmao. Count me in! :]

I'm just a touch confused.. you want us to PM you the our submissions, and not post them in this thread? How do people vote? o.o I'll just PM you in a bit regardless.

Anyway, yeah this sounds like a wonderful idea. Good job Fenneking! Can't wait to see what everyone can come up with! n_n;
Dero make YUMMY emblems omnomnomnom

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
He's asking people to PM entries because he wants to post the entries without names when the voting period starts. To maintain anonymity. That way, people will be unbiased when they vote. I support it. :3

And sure. I have plans to have more battles like these in future so emblems are definitely gonna be needed. :]

Years
Glad to see there is interest in the art battle!

I have a voting question to ask to see what you would all prefer:

Every voter would give a score to each entry. Based on certain criteria (1-10):

Entry #1

Execution ___
Design ___

Or, we could simply do a vote for the best entry #:

Best Entry: ________

Or, we could do a choice of top 3:

1) __________
2) __________
3) __________

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Personally, I like the idea of the first one.. it gives room for artists to identify their strengths / weaknesses and hopefully improve on them for the next competition! :]

Anything else should depend on the number of participants. If somehow you end up with 20+ artists, than go with the top three, you know?

Years
Personally, I like the idea of the first one.. it gives room for artists to identify their strengths / weaknesses and hopefully improve on them for the next competition! :]

Anything else should depend on the number of participants. If somehow you end up with 20+ artists, than go with the top three, you know?

Good justification! I will go with that method then.

I think execution and design, should cover it. Any other categories I am forgetting?
(We don't want too many categories though)

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
Eh, sorry if this is a dumb question. What do you mean by stage one/two? Like, stage one is Fennekin, stage 2 is its evolution? I just want to get this clear so I don't end up drawing something I'm not supposed to draw.

Years
Eh, sorry if this is a dumb question. What do you mean by stage one/two? Like, stage one is Fennekin, stage 2 is its evolution? I just want to get this clear so I don't end up drawing something I'm not supposed to draw.
Here is a helpful link:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Evolution

Example Terminology:
Charmander is an unevolved pokemon
Charmeleon is a first-stage pokemon
Charizard is a second-stage pokemon

No problem; this is a good question! Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back