• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Which Rare Pokémon Might Get Habitats?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'll explain what I mean here. In this case, I'm referring to Eevee and Riolu specifically.

Lucario was a hard-to-get Pokémon in Generation IV, only found via a Pokémon Egg as a Riolu (which can also be found in HG/SS Safari Zone, being imported to Johto). In Generation V, a strong Riolu habitat shows up in Challenger's Cave (Lv.49-50) and moves to Floccesy Ranch (noticeably weaker as that's the starting area, so Lv.5-7 or so) after the cave collapses.

Eevee meanwhile is in a previously unexplorable area of Castelia City that becomes available in B2/W2 via the Sewers. Despite being a Generation I Pokémon (ID 133), it has never had a habitat, instead always being a gift (Bill in Gen. II, Celadon Condominiums or Game Corner in Gen. I and III with no R/S/E showing, for reaching Hearthome City or getting National Dex in Gen. IV); Castelia City is the Pokémon's first actual habitat, suggesting that characters in the earlier generations traveled to America to find Eevee or otherwise came from America (which Unova is based on).

So my question. Which Pokémon, in your opinion, that does not currently have a habitat or is otherwise hard to get will gain a habitat in the France-like area in X/Y? If you think there are none that will, I'm interested in that thinking as well.

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Eevee is also available in Trophy Garden in D/P/Pt.

As for new "Rare" Pokemon to gain habitats, the only Gift Pokemon that I can recall that doesn't have a habitat are Larvesta and Zorua. Other than interact-able Pokemon like Rotom which has a habitat technically.

So...Are there even any Pokemon that need Habitats?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Togepi came to mind as well, but I just researched and it can be Pokéradared on Route 230.

Zorua was one I thought might end up coming from France; for some reason, I see its habitat being from there. Something French about it. Larvesta I have no idea. I'd love to see them have habitats.

But I also want to know what other rare Pokémon people want to be catchable besides the basic types. For instance, Snorunt originally came from a cave area only available at certain times of day, and later in D/P/P gained a regular habitat.

Cyclone

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Zoura and larvesta would be cool and maybe even porygon?

-Neji-

Something Different
Years
A small event with Eevee would be awesome,
as in you find the Eevee sitting there, after you go through different scenes following it or maybe after you catch it, to a place where you can evolve it if you want into one of the new Eeveelutions? that be a cool way to introduce a new one if they do actually have one.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Eevee is also available in Trophy Garden in D/P/Pt.

As for new "Rare" Pokemon to gain habitats, the only Gift Pokemon that I can recall that doesn't have a habitat are Larvesta and Zorua. Other than interact-able Pokemon like Rotom which has a habitat technically.

So...Are there even any Pokemon that need Habitats?

Spiritomb doesn't really have a habitat. At least it's never had a way of catching it in the wild without doing some long winded task.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Maybe some rare Pokémon from Unova like Zorua might actually get a habitat, but probably make the chances pretty low. But as for some Pokémon like Eevee probably would only be obtainable as an Egg from someone, 'cause it's always nice to be able to choose what you'd like Eevee to evolve into, rather than having several of them and evolving them into each and every one of it's evolutions, perhaps the Egg obtained would be given to you in order to proceed with the story.

Maybe some other rare Pokémon might also be only obtainable from a person, or as in an Egg form. But what I would like to see... is pre-evolved Pokémon like Happiny, Pichu and many others to be available in certain locations, perhaps at pretty low levels. ;)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Spiritomb doesn't really have a habitat. At least it's never had a way of catching it in the wild without doing some long winded task.

That would depend. The Odd Keystone is like a fossil so you can say that their habitat is underground just like Fossils. The Odd Key Stone automatically awakens Spiritomb when placed in the crumbling tower, Spiritomb's supposed prison. Despite the legend saying 1 Spiritomb was in there, you can create an infinate number of them depending on how many Odd Keystones you have. So it has a habitat in Sinnoh.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Maybe some rare Pokémon from Unova like Zorua might actually get a habitat, but probably make the chances pretty low. But as for some Pokémon like Eevee probably would only be obtainable as an Egg from someone, 'cause it's always nice to be able to choose what you'd like Eevee to evolve into, rather than having several of them and evolving them into each and every one of it's evolutions, perhaps the Egg obtained would be given to you in order to proceed with the story.
I disagree with that. I liked being able to catch multiple Eevee and evolve them all. Just finished that task today in fact, except for Leafeon and Glaceon (both rocks for those are in inaccessible areas ATM). I am purposely getting all Pokémon I can before doing the E4; I'm ready to trade those two Eeveelutions in temporarily if need be, and imported some babies in species that are otherwise found post-E4 (Tympole, for instance). I have opted not to import Durant and Heatmor yet since they're in Twist Mountain later, plus I need something to find post-E4 (Cryogonal I might bring in however).

Cyclone

dreamcatcher

Lump Appraiser
Years
I'd love to see starter pokes from earlier generations get habitats in generation 6. I desperately want to catch wild Piplups, Oshawotts, and Totodiles. ;3;

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'd love to see starter pokes from earlier generations get habitats in generation 6. I desperately want to catch wild Piplups, Oshawotts, and Totodiles. ;3;
Their catchability rate would need tinkering with. Based on playing hacks, when the starters occasionally appeared in the wild (I found a Totodile in Route 22 of a Fire Red Backwards hack), it was still difficult to catch even at Lv.5. If they were to be added to X/Y, they can't be so hard to catch at low levels.

Hence why I don't think they'll do it.

Cyclone

Guy

just a guy
Years
I don't think I can see this happening. The starters are meant to be seen as a rare group of Pokémon only given to you by the region's professor to initiate your journey or as a gift. To give the starters a place of habitat in a region foreign from where they are considered the starting Pokémon in another region doesn't make a lot of sense to me either. While I'd love to find and catch them out in the wild, I don't see it happening given their unique status in the games.

Mr. Whiscash

Unegged Hatch
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2016
I feel like Larvesta is the most likely thing to get an environment, but still not entirely likely.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I do think it a shame the starters don't appear in a post-E4 area, and you get to see the place where your starter came from. That'd be cool.

Cyclone

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
If starters were to appear in these games in the wild I'll like it if they only picked three, Snivy, Piplup, and Charmander as those three fit the France theme quite nicely (specially their final, Regal and based on french culture (according to GF), based on Napoleon, and a dragon respectively), the rest can be gifts or they could save them for gifts for the third version/sequel and or remakes.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
They won't do that. Anything Unova or Gen. IV automatically will not be done. I would like to see Gen. III added somehow, and even Kanto since FR/LG were GBA. Fact of the matter, however, is that all can be imported; they won't use them in Gen. VI.

Cyclone

dreamcatcher

Lump Appraiser
Years
I don't think I can see this happening. The starters are meant to be seen as a rare group of Pokémon only given to you by the region's professor to initiate your journey or as a gift. To give the starters a place of habitat in a region foreign from where they are considered the starting Pokémon in another region doesn't make a lot of sense to me either. While I'd love to find and catch them out in the wild, I don't see it happening given their unique status in the games.

Alright, I can agree with that. I didn't have probability in mind, I was just expressing my desire to be able to catch them in the wild. I think it would be exciting to be able to finally get them without having to link trade or import them from earlier generations, unless the same tactic used in HG/SS of obtaining them is implemented again; that method was sort of lame however.
Honestly I think Skitty is very French-esque and I hope it gets a special place in X/Y since its been one of my favorite pokes since Gen III first came out. <3

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
That would depend. The Odd Keystone is like a fossil so you can say that their habitat is underground just like Fossils. The Odd Key Stone automatically awakens Spiritomb when placed in the crumbling tower, Spiritomb's supposed prison. Despite the legend saying 1 Spiritomb was in there, you can create an infinate number of them depending on how many Odd Keystones you have. So it has a habitat in Sinnoh.

When I think of a habitat I think of being able to catch the pokemon there with no strings attached. Just walk around and it appears as a wild battle.

If they included starter pokemon from other regions as wild pokemon it would have to be in a Pokemon Safari.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
If starters were to appear in these games in the wild I'll like it if they only picked three, Snivy, Piplup, and Charmander as those three fit the France theme quite nicely (specially their final, Regal and based on french culture (according to GF), based on Napoleon, and a dragon respectively), the rest can be gifts or they could save them for gifts for the third version/sequel and or remakes.

I don't see it happening for anything recent, either. :( I don't think it'll even happen at all, starters never really had a place as opposed to everything else out of place which will eventually have a habitat. :x

Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2013
Hmmmm.... The only pokemon i would've wanted a habitat for was Eevee, and well, there you have it.
Starter pokemon habitats? I don't think so, they've got a theme for them and, well, if it ain't broke, dont fix it. Also, that would ruin my starter monopoly (I got all 3rd and 4th gen starters). But it would be kinda fun to find them in the wild, or at least get the ones you didn't pick or the old ones as gift pokemon, like in Yellow.

Back