• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2009
I didn't see this problem listed in any of the bugs or problems and such...Well, I fixed my save problem...Sorta. I can save, and it'll show up when I reset the game...But, when I close out the emulator and then load it back up again, it makes me start a new game. I'd really like to get this problem sorted out before I start my second run through the game, if possible.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2022
Hi! What about the moves thunderbolt, flamethrower or ice beam? can we teach them to our pokes?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Hey Zel,
I've already downloaded you're game again (its always so fun^^),
you may not remember this (or me) but i sent you a farfetch'd overworld about a year ago, and I was wondering if I could convince you to put it in sooner if i made a walking/flying frame ;P. (Please ignore the below if the red gyaradose's colour tone has been changed.) And I'm starting to think the gyaradose sprite is a bit bronze/gold coloured then red, and I would be delighted if you asked me to make the sprite more red^^.
Please reply soon.

The Dark One

p.s.
the gyaradose overworld looks fantastic!

I remember about Farfetch's sprite, but not sure about the user (I still have the PM, though), if you think you can make a walking sprite, go ahead. But, I'm not sure about if I have created a space for the Farfetch'd to begin with... Have I? :\

And, I inserted the Red Gyarados already. In fact, I just took the same sprite from MD and recolored it to Red, that was pretty basic. I received yours, but we've probably done the same process, and, since now my palettes for overworlds are fixed, it'll have to look as it'll look in the B6.

Hello everybody, this hack is very great, good job. Will there be Viridian Forest? I want Viridian Forest please.

As you got told, I basically remap the internal caves, but for the exterior maps, I leave everything as it was in the original. Why? Because the exteriors are probably the maps that we remember more from the original, and I want to keep that feel. Obviously, I may add a building here and there, but creating a full Viridian Forest would be a too drastic change, and, in the end, it'd be just like keeping FR as it was. No, I want to change that.

Well, The D/P mountains aren't really overused I don't think, not until you use them (i'll think then...they'll get used a lot) everyone at the moment seem to stick to rocks found within FR/R/S/E, WAH actually have some nice D/P styled mountains, which no ones seems to use that's if you ever decided to change them.
Either way the palette goes fine with the FR mountains :D
I know palettes and certain tiles can be a pain :P
Killing bugs and testing is annoying,
I go through that enough with Liquid crystal and Clear Diamond :P
Regarding music, I have done a load of GSC/ D/P mixes so if you ever want to hear those I'd be glad to send. Just send a PM :D
Well good luck, make us proud! :)

I'll stick with the FR tiles for the mountains. Unless I get bored of them.

I can feel curious about the mixes. Specially in hearing how they sound when inserted. If you want to show me that, I'd like to.
Oh yeah, on the weekend, when I reenable my PMing.

Can you replace Carlos w/ Crys for Shiny Gold.

CARLOS: How you dare to say THAT!!!?

ZEL: And Crystal is the heroine, I dont want them to cross each other because that'd be like in RSE.

Two questions: Will there be a radio instead of ths radio visio andhow many new islands will be in shiny gold?

I'll be making a script for the radios inside the houses, but it's an extra, and as such, it'd be for the last release.

There are two islands in this new region-like-islands-stuff, but only the smallest will be explorable.

Hi! What about the moves thunderbolt, flamethrower or ice beam? can we teach them to our pokes?

They exist as TMs, so yeah. Thing is getting them, obviously.

And, the saving problems and the E4 problems are all related. Seriously, I wont answer those questions, but someone else will do it, sooner or later. I'm happy that I'll include the instructions in that "Memory Backup" message and THAT WAY we'll get rid of "why cant I save/why game returns when I defeat E4" posts.

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
Years
"
CARLOS: How you dare to say THAT!!!?

ZEL: And Crystal is the heroine, I dont want them to cross each other because that'd be like in RSE.
"

Humor ftw.

Btw, Zel. never knew u restarted the thread... lol

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2022
Zel: No, in GSC these moves were not TM moves, they could be learned by a move tutor Goldenrod for some game corner coins (but yeah it was only in crystal version, but i think i'm not the only one who you would make happy with these moves ^^). TM moves were the elemental punches.

JJK

The chase is about to begin...
Years
Zel: No, in GSC these moves were not TM moves, they could be learned by a move tutor Goldenrod for some game corner coins (but yeah it was only in crystal version, but i think i'm not the only one who you would make happy with these moves ^^). TM moves were the elemental punches.
zel modified the TM list to look GSC-ish, but he kept some of them, like those 3.

And i think all us who've been here for a while are sick of the save issues, and that happens because ppl DON'T check the 1st page, they only care about is the download and the page they're posting in. I think the only way to solve this would be to put a header on each page telling ppl to go to the 1st page for all those issues, but unfortunatly i don't think the forums (or vbulletin at all) support that...

gray2345

The Pig Apocalypse is coming!
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2013
that so so cool i think that it amazing that you made phone booth in replace of the cell phone!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen yesterday
help...

i need help on this...i dont think this counts as double posting but...sometime between obtaining my 4th badge and preparing to catch lapras i lost all my tms(but not my hms...go figure...) can somebody tell me what i may have done to cause it...or will i have to re download the latest shiny gold rom? thats something i dont wanna do but if theres no other choice...

abyssthesavior

*click!!*....DOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMSSSDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!
*abyss's music plays*

Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2013
sorry if this is off topic but im trying to find a hack of emerald. the creator has a pic of a black charizard set to default, and in the hack there's a totidile causing mischief everywhere you go. again im sorry that this is off topic.

MrsMime

Humanshape Pokemon
Years
This game is absolutely awesome. I've played alot of Pokemon hacks (especially of FR) but this is by far, hands down, the best. After reading through zel's first post more thoroughly I only just realized that I downloaded "X"! I was wondering why it was so hard! XD

Good job; nearly immaculate, and it's great to have a challenge. Kudos man!

JJK

The chase is about to begin...
Years
This game is absolutely awesome. I've played alot of Pokemon hacks (especially of FR) but this is by far, hands down, the best. After reading through zel's first post more thoroughly I only just realized that I downloaded "X"! I was wondering why it was so hard! XD

Good job; nearly immaculate, and it's great to have a challenge. Kudos man!
Ah it's not so hard, if i knew anything about scripting i would ask permission to make a XX version...
The problem would be that in the X version the pokes will reach lv. anyway, so it would be a question of filling up falkners team and such

the dark one

A.E. (or) MEWKWOS (bwahahaha)
Years
questions and an idea :)

I remember about Farfetch's sprite, but not sure about the user (I still have the PM, though), if you think you can make a walking sprite, go ahead. But, I'm not sure about if I have created a space for the Farfetch'd to begin with... Have I? :\

And, I inserted the Red Gyarados already. In fact, I just took the same sprite from MD and recolored it to Red, that was pretty basic. I received yours, but we've probably done the same process, and, since now my palettes for overworlds are fixed, it'll have to look as it'll look in the B6.
I have a few questions about you're post. 1.
I remember about Farfetch's sprite, but not sure about the user
What do you mean "the user"? 2.
I inserted the Red Gyarados already. In fact, I just took the same sprite from MD and recolored it to Red,
What is "MD"? And, are you talking about, the overworld or, the sprite you see in battle (like I was)? 3. Please keep in mind; I have not created a great hack like SG (or finnished ANY hack for that matter) so please forgive my meny questions. You're post has given me an idea, maybe the gyarados could swim in circles (due to its rage), and perhaps (if you like this idea), if you're directly in front of it it triggers the battle. I am aware that the gyarados is stationary in pokemon gold but i think it would be a nice adition to the game, I am not sure if this is posible (or if you want to do it)
but, this is YOU'RE GAME and you must do as you see fit, no-matter what anyone says, and, I'm sure this will be a spectaculer game, no wait, I KNOW IT WILL.

the dark one.

p.s.
feal free to use my idea in anyway you see fit (including editting it).

yoshi12370

Bouncing along!
Years
  • Age 35
  • NYC
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
Im stuck! I'm in the last gym and I did all the boulders puzzle but I can't reach clair! the boulder's there but I can't go to clair!

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2013
Question, after having read the point on the first problem about the save, it says to delete all the save files, then change to flash 128 kb and load. Very well, but wouldnt this delete your save files as you.. chuck em out? and what would there be to load.. Ive just beaten the E4 and I need to save proper to continue, if I can only do this by deleting my file, I think you couldve put the message up a bit bigger o.o

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen yesterday
...>_>...

well i found out my tms were nevver lost but somehow were(and still are) just inaccessable...but idk if this is the place to ask but...in the newer download i got...i tested the gameshark wpm to find mudkip but...i couldnt...then i used the EXACT same code to find it in the other shiny gold game and...i found it...how can a code for a single game be useable in one copy and unuseable in the other when theyre both the same thing?!?!?!?!?! someone please help me on this!!!

abyssthesavior

*click!* DOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMSSSSDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!!!!!! *abyss's music plays*

Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2016
well i found out my tms were nevver lost but somehow were(and still are) just inaccessable...but idk if this is the place to ask but...in the newer download i got...i tested the gameshark wpm to find mudkip but...i couldnt...then i used the EXACT same code to find it in the other shiny gold game and...i found it...how can a code for a single game be useable in one copy and unuseable in the other when theyre both the same thing?!?!?!?!?! someone please help me on this!!!

dunno why it wont work...but zel says cheats shouldnt be used anyway. it ruins the game. find a mudkip on ur own (hint: its in a cave)

MrsMime

Humanshape Pokemon
Years
Ah it's not so hard, if i knew anything about scripting i would ask permission to make a XX version...
The problem would be that in the X version the pokes will reach lv. anyway, so it would be a question of filling up falkners team and such
No, but compared to the Nintendo-sealed Pokemon Gold it was quite a step up. I love it though. :D

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen yesterday
dunno why it wont work...but zel says cheats shouldnt be used anyway. it ruins the game. find a mudkip on ur own (hint: its in a cave)

>_>...<_<...o_o...dude i knew where its at...but right now i guess ill find it and ralts w/out the codes...yea i found out where ralts is located...u wana know where? heres a hint...its the final part of a nursery rhyme song..."next time wont u sing with me?" if u cant figure it out then...well its actually impossible not to figure it out...lol XD thanx anyway

abyssthesavior

*click* ....DOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMSSSDAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!
*abyss's music plays*

P.S. if u cant figure it out then PM me k? :)

Years
  • Seen May 25, 2016
Glitch city and ghost trouble

Okay, I don't know if this has been reported but...In Ilex Forest, the shrine walk in front of it players head choped off (Tile glitch), outside of Ice Path...the snow mountain, look carefully at the bottem level you will see snow that goes straight into grass (Tile glitch), anyways I got a problem, I got the ghostbuster but...I need to find the guy who knows how to use it (Please help:() thank you anyone who helps:P

Back