• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

Tyranee

Can't read my Poke'-face!
Years
You pretty much are screwed. When you use a savestate, it literally takes a virtual photo of the game at that point. Any flags activated will still exist, and since you never did delete your file before you started savestating, it's in that virtual photo, preventing you from finishing the game. Therefore, you will have to restart.

Well, crap. So much for the aftergame walkthrough I suppose :P

pokehearts

I like trains.
Years
When I try to play pokemon shiny gold on my mac it gives me an error message, but it plays perfectly fine, when i try to save or save state it won't allow me and it'll give me an error message. can someone please help me fix it. I'm using visualboy advance version 1.7.4 on mac.

Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2011
Hello, about flash carts

Hello
I hope it's the right place.

I'm interested in buying flash cartridge for my old Game Boy advance SP

What cartridge should i buy?
I want it to support all the games, and so I can copy games from the computer to the GBASP.

IMPORTANT - I want it to support ALL Pokemon games, and the in-game clock!! (I think it called real time clock)
I dont want to play pokemon in my SP and to see "internal battery run dry.. clock based events will not ocuur. (or something like that)

please direct me to a website where I can order it from.

BTW, I've heard about the Ez flash iv, but I saw it doesn't support RTC..(?)
I suppose that if there is no cart with RTC, I should buy the Ez flash IV which is the best?
and last thing. Does the cart make problem with saves? I mean, does it support all save types (Flash 64K, 128K, EEPROM, and all the stuff)?

Thanks

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
How do I change the title screen picture on the original Red and Blue to be my own picture?

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2023
I'm having an issue with my FireRed hack. I just started some basic scripts for it - more specifically, I made a signpost message - that only displays a message to the player. My script is simple:

Code:
'-----------------------
#org 0x162274
msgbox 0x816227C '"Alberon City Pokémon Gym\pThe Gym n..."
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x16227C
= Alberon City Pokémon Gym\pThe Gym no longer operates at this\nlocation.

But this doesn't work. When I talk to the sign it makes the clicking sound but no message displays. Does anyone know why this happens, and if yes could you help me out?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I'm having an issue with my FireRed hack. I just started some basic scripts for it - more specifically, I made a signpost message - that only displays a message to the player. My script is simple:

Code:
'-----------------------
#org 0x162274
msgbox 0x816227C '"Alberon City Pokémon Gym\pThe Gym n..."
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x16227C
= Alberon City Pokémon Gym\pThe Gym no longer operates at this\nlocation.

But this doesn't work. When I talk to the sign it makes the clicking sound but no message displays. Does anyone know why this happens, and if yes could you help me out?
These questions don't belong here =)
They belong either in Simple Questions or Script help thread but since you asked, it's because you are using outdated version of XSE.

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2023
ah, my bad. wrong simple questions thread.

also thanks, I'll try to find the more recent version.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Sorry, to be impatient here, but does anyone know the answer to my problem?

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
This should be my first question here in the Emulation help thread. But it's not as easy as you'd think it is, because my DeSmuME lags much more than it ever did before. It even lags alot even when I have the frameskipping turned on, and doesn't matter whatever option I choose or whatever version I use... it won't make a difference. D:

I've tried to change every single option in the config menu on DeSmuME, but it hasn't made a single difference, I even turned off the Advanced Bus Timer, still lagged badly.

I'm pretty sure it's something to do with my laptop, I've tried:

- Closing down most programs
- uninstalling a program that I didn't need
- tried seeing if there were update, but there was no new updates​

Please help me try to fix the problem, 'cause I aren't no expert at fixing GPU problems. DeSmuME lags an awful lot whenever there's 3D objects much more than it did before on my laptop. It never was like that before, and don't say that it is normal, because I can tell what is normal and what isn't. This is abnormal for this to happen.

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2011
Hello.

Recently, I acquired the a GBA flashcard for the ds, the EZ-flash 3 in 1, I perfectly run normals games, but hacked games don't work, do you have a solution.

Thanks allready!

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2011
Hi,

I wanted to trade some of my pokémon from Red to Crystal, so i exported my save files of both games from VBA to TGB-Dual and back ...

The trading is not really a problem, but when i open my save file of crystal in TGB-Dual, the time settings have changed (for example, it's wednesday afternoon, but on the game it's 5.13 am on a thursday morning??). When I open my save file back in VBA after trading, the clock remains incorrect ..

Am I doing something wrong here? Or is there any way to change the clock in Crystal again?

Oh yeah, the vba-link option doesn't work either, everytime I load a second game, I have to start a new game and can't seem to go on from my save file ...
hope someone can help :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2011
Hi!

Im working on a rom hack, i've made a lot progress, changing the sprites, map, starters, pokémons, trainers, and everything , when testing the game it works fine until route 8 where it suddenly becomes black so you can do anything! Anyone can help me out?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Where am I supposed to reserve a name for a pokémon hack? I'm new here and the forum is so big...
Well not exactly here... that's the first thing.
Second... you don't exactly need to "reserve" the name.
Just check whether hack that's already here has the same name and if it does not you can post it in Progressing Hacks if your hack is in progressing stage.

Raitenau

Story Writter
Years
Hello!
I think my doubt is appropriated to this topic, if not, i am sorry for that. Anyways, i was exploring the Tutorials section, because i want to learn how to insert tiles, but i got confused somehow when it speaks about coloring the tile for insertion or something. So, in order to insert the tile you need to color it O.o?

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
Years
Hello.

Recently, I acquired the a GBA flashcard for the ds, the EZ-flash 3 in 1, I perfectly run normals games, but hacked games don't work, do you have a solution.

Thanks allready!
Have you patched the ips file to the correct rom?

Hi!

Im working on a rom hack, i've made a lot progress, changing the sprites, map, starters, pokémons, trainers, and everything , when testing the game it works fine until route 8 where it suddenly becomes black so you can do anything! Anyone can help me out?

Hmm, I can't really suggest much on this but if you PM me I will be sure to try and help out more on your problem

So as long as the name isn't used on this site I can use it?
Or shall it not exist at all?

Are you on about the name of Pokemon Hacks? Then yes there can only be one say "Pokemon Opal" but if that name is already taken you could just use something like "Pokemon ShiningOpal" or just come up with a new name but if you dont see the name in the progressing hacks then the name will be available

Hello!
I think my doubt is appropriated to this topic, if not, i am sorry for that. Anyways, i was exploring the Tutorials section, because i want to learn how to insert tiles, but i got confused somehow when it speaks about coloring the tile for insertion or something. So, in order to insert the tile you need to color it O.o?
If need be as far as my knowledge goes you need to recolour it to the correct palette, there are some really useful tuts on here, try the ones with screenshots so you can see clearly what they're doing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
My question now! ;)

Does anyone know where I could find some Halloween esque tiles? or some dark graveyard/spooky house ones? Thanks :D

Years
Anyone know to get this thing (kpdavatar's pokemon maker) to work on vba with fire red?

www(dot)westfalen-challenge(dot)de/playground/pokemonmaker/PokemonMakerV4x(dot)html

Also there's two options for FireRed. v1.0 and v1.1 I'm not sure which version I'm supposed to pick in the code maker, but I downloaded my rom off coolrom. Then there's six other options to the right lol....One of which you have to pick and I have no idea which one I'm supposed to be using.
VBA
ARv1-2/GSv1-2
ARv3
CB/GSv3+Type8
CB/GSv3+Type5
and 80-Bytes

AlfaTyrogue

Swag.
Years
@co500 thanks for the help, dude. I think Pokémon Agate Version would be a good name :o
And to your question, google is your friend ^^

Back