• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shichi Region

Years

Welcome to Shichi Region!

(Seven in Japanese)

There are 14 kingdoms; 7 led by benevolence and 7 led by malevolence - a seven deadly sins theme. Thus, the emergence of two confederacies, one in the pursuit of peace, in respect to the Vessels of Virtue, and the other in pursuit of corruption, in respect to the Sinister Seven. After defeating the despots of Sinister, you will be able to liberate the oppressed Pokemon and residence of the kingdom. However, you will not be able to bypass the kingdom walls; you will only be able to do so once you have proven your ability to a Virtue Fighter that presides over the tranquil and liberated kingdoms and obtaining a hidden move.

The 3 types not covered by the rulers will be grass, fire, and water. These will be represented by the 3 main antagonists. These antagonists break into the beginning kingdom just before you select your starter Pokemon. You will then be given a rare Pokemon in an act of desperation; it will have the ability to transform into either grass, fire, or water.

Just in! The Shichi region is reverting back to that nostalgic aesthetic we all fell in love with in Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal!​

The Sinister Seven

gluttonyc.png
Gorm
gluttonyc.png

gorm.png

Spoiler:

kissfds.png
Abeguile
kissfds.png

abeguile.png

Spoiler:

Vessels of Virtue

chastity.png
Prudence
chastity.png

prudencec.png

Spoiler:

Pokemon

Limey

limey.png

Spoiler:

Tanana

tananan.png
Spoiler:

Buzzly

buzzly.png

Spoiler:

Grizzect

grizzect.png

Spoiler:

Venenome

venemone.png

Spoiler:

Urchanted

urchanted.png

Spoiler:

Mermantic

mermantic.png

Spoiler:

Old Sprites

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
While I do like the designs of Limey and Tanana, they don't really have discernible faces. I understand that they're based on slugs, and that what faces they do have are at the top of the sprite, but it's hard to parse them as Pokemon. I happen to be of the opinion that not all Pokemon need to have recognizable cartoonie faces, but there's not much of a precedent for that, so Limey ends up looking like nothing more than an odd banana. Then again, judging from Gorm's description that may be what you're going for. For the record, I do like the expressions on the "faces" of both sprites; unless I'm misinterpreting things, they look cute and incredibly happy.

Buzzly and Grizzect are a bit more complex. With the Buzzly sprite, it feels a little too busy, mainly because of how much its parts overlap. One of its arms is overlapping a wing, which is overlapping the body, and one pixel below that is the leg, also overlapping the body. You have to take a closer look to really see what's what, and worst of all, the cool spiral design on its abdomen is easy to miss entirely. If you look at Beedrill's sprites, which have a very similar body structure, you'll see that after the first generation the artists have opted to draw it in poses with minimal overlap. In fact, where the arms and legs connect to the thorax was changed from the front to the sides to facilitate this. I think changes as simple as setting Buzzly's wings a bit higher and changing the positions of (or removing) the arms would do wonders for its visual clarity.

As for Grizzect, I originally thought that the arms overlapping the body was bothering me, but after thinking on it I've realized that's not the issue (though one of the arms could be in a different position, just sayin'). What seems off about Grizzect is the contrast on the torso. The colors, contrast, shading, and patterns on the other three sprites are fantastic, but this one doesn't feel quite right. Maybe it's the fact that black lines are used in the wings but not the center of the body, maybe it's the lack of shading on the brown parts while the yellow parts are shaded heavily.

All that aside, I really do like your designs and use of color, and hope to see more from you in the future. Maybe a Buzzly showing off its neat spiral design?

Years
Thanks Chesu. I definitely agree with Grizzect's lack of cohesion. Also, I drew from the design aspects of Gorm giving him a more intimidating pose with a clear concept.
OLD
grizzect.png
-> NEW
grizzect.png

Also, I am not sure if I am going to but little arms or not in addition to my edit of Buzzlee, but he was a bit busy.
OLD
buzzly.png
-> NEW
buzzly.png

I don't care for eyes on the slug, the simple line of the leaves/greens establishes the eye and helps maintain a more organic concept; so, I might consider editing it, but for now I will keep the design the same. Thanks for the input though.

Last edited:
Years
I've decided to devolve to GSC spriting; I have never tried it out until now, but I all for the nostolgic appeal. Let me know what you think! Thanks for stopping by :)

Years
I really do like the GSC spriting style, and I love seeing people try out the style around here.

One main concern in general is that I hope you don't make the Fakemon ideas and design too monster-like and out of Pokemon's style.

And try to make features be seen clearly because sometimes it could be a problem with the GSC style. Great job.

Years
I really love what you're doing here with this. For some reason, this really digs for me, haha. I always liked darker things. I really would like to see more of this. :) I'd definitely want a Tanana and a Mermantic on my team. Keep up the different take on Pokemon!

kinataki

david tennant so much!
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2014
tanana looks incomplete, is there a third evo or something?

Back