• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pidgeot

The Amazing Justin

The Original Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 28, 2016
One thing that has always bothered me since season 1 was Ash's choice to not fulfill his promise to Pidgeot and return for it after the Orange Islands were completed. It's been 15 seasons, when is he going back?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Honestly we can't tell since they often times seem to be focused on the here and now as opposed to the past. Only pokemon like Charizard apparently get showcased lately.

And no the writers didn't forget any of his pokemon, because if anyone can access info to Ash past via websites then certainly the writers can access the information through their archives. They have most of Ash pokemon listed in the opening even Primeape, so why would they forget about Pidgeot who was with Ash a lot longer than Primeape. If the writers wish to have them reunite they will simple as that.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I hope he's going back for it on the season like the Orange Islands. It would be really cool to see how his Pidgeot became stronger.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
I wish he came back…it's quite strange that Ash said he would come back for it when he would finish exloring Orange Islands. Poor Pidgeot…

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
I miss Pidgeot. I think it was the only Pokemon Ash released with the intent of coming back for it. Hopefully the new island arc will remind Ash of the Orange Islands and his Pidgeot, and he'll go looking for it. Or maybe sometime during that arc, Pidgeot, during a migration period, will just come flying to him, Charizard-style. (A guy can dream... T_T)

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
He didn't forget about it. I'm pretty sure Ash still thinks about his Pidgeot. It's not happening. Pidgeot will not return because Ash released it to help the Pidgey and Pidgeotto in the forest. It's what I see, anyway. If it does return I'm pretty sure Ash will release it again. Same with Butterfree. Neither are coming back. I know he promised he would, but Ash doesn't seem to keep his promises to his Pokemon. That beside the point even if he does return for it I'm pretty sure it'll want to stay in the forest.

T-Zombie

The End (?)
Years
I think Ash won't come back for Pidgeot because I think the writers want people to focus on the new pokemon of the region not the old pokemon. But it would be cool. Maybe if X and Y has old pokemon in it. The new new fans ,like a little kid I used to sit by on my school bus who doesn't even know what a Bulbasaur is, need to know about the old pokemon!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Considering a full year never passed in the anime universe, he still has plenty of time to go back for it. XD

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
Considering a full year never passed in the anime universe, he still has plenty of time to go back for it. XD

I swear in one episode after the indigo league, Ash says it's been a whole year since he's been home. So he should be at least 11, but strangely, he isn't.

But I guess time stopped after that and birthdays don't exist, so I agree with you as well. xD

ShadowMirror

Ready for the Battle
Years
Pidgeot wont probably return, and this makes me really really angry. I loved Pidgeot and i waited episode by episode till ash would return to him. Stupid Ash, dont make promises you cnt keep

The Amazing Justin

The Original Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 28, 2016
The whole thing bugged me when I was little because of it's staying and Ash's promise.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Ash may return to pidgeot. By now those pisgey's and pidgeotto's should be pidgeot's by now. I think it has a chance of returning. It was shown in promotional art for lucario and the mystery of mew but was never shown in the movie it's self. I think this new season may actually have pidgeot in it. Black and white's anime seems to be a revival to the old series. It is a lot better then the other series. The show seems to get more attention with the return of ash's old pokemon so maybe pidgeot will come back after all.

A3R0D4C7YL

Dark Type Master
Years
  • WA
  • Seen Jun 18, 2013
i dont think it will come back...as much as i and everyone wants it to, it probably wont. I mean cause people dont really wanna see the region birds in imprtant battles i guess...cause Ash pretty much just uses them for searching for lost pokemon! And they'd probably focus on his main-er pokemon like Charizard. it'd be cool to see Pidgeot again though

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
He used pidgeot to fight a lot to, more then his other bird pokemon. So i don't see why it can't come back and fight some more.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I see Pidgeot return more likely since it would seem Ash becomes reunited with his Butterfree so if he meets up with Butterfree then I don't see why not Pidgeot. I wouldn't rule these things out of the question. Although it seems like the writers often seem to alienate the older fans with the way they do things they do like to provide fan service at times.

Guy

just a guy
Years
The writers haven't forgotten Ash's Pidgeot or any of his Pokémon. The proof is in the fifth and final opening for the Advanced Generation saga. Watch here.

I always like to think that Pidgeot and her (it always seemed female to me) flock have been continuously migrating around the Kanto region from time to time after Ash left it behind. And whenever Ash went back to Kanto, Pidgeot just wasn't around at the time. If Ash does in fact become reunited with his Butterfree in the upcoming DA arc though, then I think there's a greater chance that he'll eventually run into Pidgeot again.

A3R0D4C7YL

Dark Type Master
Years
  • WA
  • Seen Jun 18, 2013
In Bulbapedia, in the Ash's pokemon released section, it states that Pidgeot (along with Lapras and Butterfree) was recently released...so it probably won't come back

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Well that is not true for pidgeot. He never released it, he still has it's pokeball. He did release butterfree and lapras though.

Back