• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CARD GAMES OOC DISCUSSION THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Alter Ego is male, FAMoBR.

And, this thread isn't for spam ACC. ^^

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
I've asked alter and he hasn't anwsered yet.

Hmm...now could that be because I live in a different time zone and was fast asleep at that time? -.- Honestly, if you had just asked nicely and waited patiently I would actually have consented. However...

You just plain took those cards without asking for permission, and no, you didn't even ask me about it before you did so, this I know because the PM I got from you had arrived later than the one I got from ACC, meaning that you must have swiped the cards first. Plus, that request itself was not that brilliantly phrased: I mean, don't I get an apology for the fact that you took them without permission or credit or even a 'please'? <_< Sorry, but that was the final straw. People just claiming things I put time and effort into without asking for permission is one of my biggest peeves. No arcanas for you; case closed.

The cards in question are, however, up for grabs for anyone who has enough in the way of common courtesy to ask before taking. :3

Oh, and I also added in the home country field. Tacey is now officially British like Bakura. =D

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Alter Ego is male, FAMoBR.

And, this thread isn't for spam ACC. ^^

The Avatar confuses people. (Ooh... an unconfirmed gender... which is different from everyone else on the web HOW?)

Saying this thread isn't for spam? HOW DARE YOU!?!? Still, point taken. I didn't mean spam spam anyway.

Fallen_Angel: Burn damaged. Stealing other people's stuff is a no-no. I might have been merciful to you had you not tried to cover up, but stealing and then lying about it is unforgivable, especially where children's card games are concerned. BANNED LIKE CHAOS. NEVER RETURN.

Anyone else want to pull off petty theft? *transforms into Yami Bakura*

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Actually, chaos did make a comeback of sort with the sky scourges...*Shot*

ZOMGlul Phanima signed up. (Although with all due respect; you should still copy-paste the descriptions of your custom cards in there.) Now we can begin, right? Oh, and I made a last-minute deck change of -1 Trap Jammer, -1 Negate Attack, -2 Reinforcement of the Army, +2 Noblesse Oblige, +2 Judgment of the Princesses. Both custom cards in question have been approved in 'You Make the Card' and their effects have been added to the list. I've also edited Tacey's history to explain the presence of the royal cards and elaborated a bit on her personality because I felt like it. :3

Also...Phanima's character is also rich? I smell rivalry. xD

Last edited:

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 11, 2011
About time too, eh? Well, I've been busy making up really broken cards to be fixed and after my warning I thought I'd deliver before ACC penalised me permanently. *Pats Fallen's empty seat.

Anyway, there's my sign-up for approval. The history was a complete rush job and his appearance was chimera-ed from cliche anime males, but now it's done, so I'm content.

Also...Phanima's character is also rich? I smell rivalry. xD

Bring it on! Heh.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
*Guns down everyone in excitement*

ATTENTION DUELISTS! IT JUST FREAKING STARTED!!!!!!!

And Pegasus is still needed for a short time, Alter, so you have to wait a bit longer before you control him. Sorry :)

RIVALRY IS FOR POKEMANZ! *shot'ed*

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
ATTENTION, ROLEPLAYERS! I HAVE MADE MY ENTRY POST AND THERE'S A SMALL ABRIDGED REFERENCE! *Shot for mimicry*

That's a-okay about Pegasus. I think Tacey alone is quite a bit of writing work for me early on. xD

Aaanyways...

RIVALRY IS FOR POKEMANZ! *shot'ed*

Oh, face it: you're just jealous because Achan couldn't afford a rival half as wealthy or obnoxious as my little character. ;D

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Oh, face it: you're just jealous because Achan couldn't afford a rival half as wealthy or obnoxious as my little character. ;D

If Tacey keeps acting like she is, though, Achan's going to be more then willing to take her down a peg or two. I forgot to mention that he completely detests arrogant rich peoples. (More on that later, though. It's one of those things about his character that he has a good reason for that doesn't need to be revealed in the sign-up.)

Man, if this keeps up it's going to turn into a private roleplay with Alter and I as the only members. WHERE ARE YOU OTHER PEOPLES? *executed by Queen of Hearts for impatience*

Phanima

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 11, 2011
I was actually waiting for some of the others to post before I'd get into any detail and was planning on posting after the others had gathered, but it's been a day or so and nothing. I guess I could join you two since I'm already in the vicinity, but your argument is kind of interesting.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Yeah, I was wondering about the others. Maybe give them a PM-based poke as a reminder of what they signed up for?

If Tacey keeps acting like she is, though, Achan's going to be more then willing to take her down a peg or two. I forgot to mention that he completely detests arrogant rich peoples. (More on that later, though. It's one of those things about his character that he has a good reason for that doesn't need to be revealed in the sign-up.)

Ahh...but it takes two people to make a rivalry, and Tacey could never think of someone below her own income class as a true rival. She might get a bit jealous about the wanderers, though. We'll see...but do remember that she's still under the impression that Achan is her fanboy and that won't be easy to dislodge. She has VSH, you know. ;3

And by all means, Phanima, do bring Michel along; he and Tacey could have a richness competition and drive Achan mad. xD

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Oh, Achan is already mad. In fact, I think he just went boom. XD

Anyway, I think I've found a way to keep the tournament running while at the same time allowing our characters an occasional loss if they need one for character development purposes. And a way to force them to keep together. (Oh, you're gonna love this...)

Anyway, Alter and Phanima, thank you for posting thus far. If anyone else would like to start upping the post count, let me know.

typeZERO

Great Ninja, Uria!
Years
Apparently , Rurian is running into a little romance already , and seems to be ignoring everything else. While Achan and Tacey are still in their talking I guess? I sense an argument about about continue , am I right?

Phanima

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 11, 2011
Anyway, I think I've found a way to keep the tournament running while at the same time allowing our characters an occasional loss if they need one for character development purposes. And a way to force them to keep together. (Oh, you're gonna love this...)

Oh, character development sounds nice, but Michel is pretty stubborn and can get kind of testy when he loses, not that he will anytime soon...

Anyway, the forced fellowship sounds evil...but entertaining!

Apparently , Rurian is running into a little romance already , and seems to be ignoring everything else. While Achan and Tacey are still in their talking I guess? I sense an argument about about continue , am I right?

I think there's something wrong with your "<" key or spacebar Omega, because I keep seeing spaces on both sides of a comma whenever you use one.

._.

Hokay, Tacey just sent one of her flunkies to apprehend Michel and he has no clue what's coming (neither do I). Should be interesting...

And the ceremony is pretty much set isn't it? Should we wait or move on?

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
It's set, but I wish Lex and JBC would post. I was hoping everyone would be assembled. As it is, the ceremony will be starting later today, once I recover from my "Just-woke-up" writer's block. XD

Jim

Dinner
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 25, 2011
ACC accepted me after many Card wording issues (thanks to AE for teh fixings), here I am.

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Name: [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Edward 'Ed' Pepper (I was drinking Dr. Pepper whilst thinking of a name, so shoot me.)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Age: [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]16[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Home Country: [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Canada (It's so great to be home... In Canada, I wanted to choose England but I think there was a few people from there...)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Personality: [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Ed is a very hot headed and easily angered young man that never thinks things through. He is perceived by many to be extremely arrogant bully, but in reality he is just extremely arrogant. The 'bully persona he constantly adopts is this is just a his way of keeping himself safe from other bully like individuals that Ed is actually extremely scared of. Ed only opens up too people that he has a very close bond with, some people who Ed considers friends don't actually know the real Ed, he sees this himself as an advantage so nobody can pick at his weaknesses and exploit his fears. The boy isn't exactly a genius, but he dumbs himself down nonetheless. Despite this he is very logical and strategical, which is is main strength when he duels and for regular everyday situations. He is known to occasionally blank out and be vacant; to the point where he doesn't notice his duelling opponents moves if they don't announce them very loud. and is very forgetful. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Ed has a short concentration span for most things but duelling, things that Ed find 'boring' are not worth his time cause his mind to wander to other things. Using his 'bully' exterior he likes to help the victims of bullying and loathes each an every bully, even himself when he gets carried away with his 'bullying'. His biggest downfall though is when he is broken down he is a nervous wreck. He just can't handle high pressure at all. He is immature when he can be but acts very cultivated and cultured when the time calls for it. He loves all animals, especially Skunks, who're misunderstood for their natural defences.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Appearance:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Ed is described of having the 'build of an Ox'. He has very broad shoulders and is quite wide as a result. He stands a moderately normal height of about 5" 11' with his shiny jet black hair up in spikes on top and at the back; in contrast the sides of his hair around his ears really short, dank, dry and thin. His sparklingly clear, pure sky blue eyes are he polar opposite of his hair, yet as dazzling as they are they are sort of piercing and intimidating when Ed stares at something or someone. After attending Duel Academia for two years he decided to keep his Ra Yellow blazer and wear it for special tournaments like this, (this also makes his opponent believe he's weaker than he is). He sports the Yellow blazer open with the collar turned up. Underneath it is a plain white shirt and he wears a pair of incredibly dark, navy blue denim jeans/pants/trousers. He also sports brown fingerless mitts that he only wears in duels; obtained from Duel Academia as a gift for winning a little class tournament they hosted one day. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Another perk of attending the Collage for Card games was the free Academia styled Duel Disk system... With Windows Vista technology. [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]History:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Born and raised in his native land of Canada, he lived a regular average life, until about the age of 10. At the age of 10 Ed fell victim to the biggest bully in his school. Day after day he was emotionally and physically bullied and humiliated, month after month. By the time he was 12 he had no confidence in himself or anybody around him, he didn't even trust his parents. On one regular day he was being chased once again by the bully, but for some reason as he got to the turn point for his street, which he usually sprinted down every singly day he turned and entered the woods behind his house. As he was being chased a Skunk was watching. The frightened Skunk instinctively unleashed it's natural defensive mechanism; the foul smelling fluid, Ed dodged but the same couldn't be said for the bullies.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Two month later the card game craze 'Duel Monsters' reached Canada. Ed at first thought the craze was pointless, until he heard of Duel Academia. He then started buying the cards like crazy, for the soul purpose of being able to enter the Academy. He didn't even like the cards he just wanted to build a deck strong enough so he could enter and escape his bullying troubles. A year later his Father had taken advantage of the industry and became a card designer, he was eager for his son to enter the Academy and created the unique 'Ancient Skunk' set of cards especially for his son. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]After two years at the Academy he developed an interest in the cards and decided to enter a few tournaments, therefore leaving the Academy. He never got past the preliminaries the first few times but eventually he made it to the semi-finals of a tournament in London and only lost because of the extreme pressure and the mind games that his opponent was playing (the mind games, causing the pressure)on him, he couldn't think straight and lost the duel. After hearing of the King of games title Eds' father created 3 new Skunk cards (Arc,Morph and Chaos) and Ed enthusiastically entered and hopes to do exceedingly well, though he more than likely won't win. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]CARDS:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif](Customs)[/FONT]
Spoiler:

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Decklist (47|5)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Monsters (20)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Jet, Skunk of the Sea x2[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Static, Skunk of Electricity x2[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Scout, Skunk of the Forest x3[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Morph, Skunk of a Different Dimension x2[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Arc, Skunk of a Higher Plane x1[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Blaze, Skunk of Wild Flames x2[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Hurricane, Skunk of the Wind x2[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Terra, Skunk of the Earth x3[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Plasma, Leader of the Skunks x1[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Vice, Hero of the Skunks x1[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]King of the Swamp x1[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Fusion Monsters (5)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Chaos, Skunk of Life and Death x1[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Char, Skunk of Dead Wood x1[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Wave, Skunk of Currents x2[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Arc, Skunk of the Highest Plane x1[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Spell Cards (15)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Heroes' Flute x1[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Sacred Sword of the Skunks x2[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Skunk Hunk x2[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Swamp of the Skunks x2[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Raregold Armor x1[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Horn of the Unicorn x1[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Poison Fangs x1[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Wild Natures Release x1[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Polymerization x2[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Ascending to the Highest Plane x1[/FONT]
Calling of the Skunk x1

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Trap Cards (12)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Skunk Stink Cannon x2[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Vampire Skunk x2[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Kamikaze Skunk x1[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Beast Soul Swap x2[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Trap hole x1[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Mirror Force x1[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Negate Attack x1[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Ultimate Offering x2[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Other:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Arc, the Skunk of a Higher Plane MAY be his Duel spirit if I choose for him to have one, I'm unsure yet.[/FONT]

Time to read through the whole RP, you crazy people and your addiction to Roleplaying...

Last edited:

Phanima

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 11, 2011
Welcome Jimz ♂, I guess it was clear a while ago (but I thought I'd reiterate it now) that you're the seventh member of our team.

Although, we might end up shorthanded if JBC and Lex don't show up very soon. Each of them haven't been here since mid-month and I don't know how long we can drag the RP out until they return. If we move ahead, will we still keep it open so that they can join in or just make up some excuse as to why they haven't shown up?

I'm also guessing that altering Decks is prohibited now eh? Frost kind of hit me with a stick of inspiration and I thought I might as well unstaple my Deck a little. Anyway, if Deck alterations are now out of order, how about side decks?

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Once again, I will point out that as long as your character has a justifiable reason in the bounds of the RP and doesn't change decks so often nobody can keep up with his decklist, changes to the deck are OK. Well, and all new fake cards need to be approved first.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Oh boy, if Achan keeps going at the current rate he'll get challenged to a children's card game...or worse. And in this case 'worse' means a lot worse than a slap. x_O I honestly wasn't expecting Achan to get so...hostile. Oh well, it's his funeral. But do remember...those bodyguards aren't just there to protect Tacey from the public; they're also needed to protect the public from Tacey. ;D Seriously, though, she's going to become a nervous wreck unless someone learns to at least tolerate her. Tacey...doesn't take rejection too well. xP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back