• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jammi567

I read in an answer above that the best way to level up your Pokemon post-E4 and post-exploringtheEastsideofUnova is to use the two sport domes in that city that has the Battle Subway.

My question is - can I manlipulate the 3DS clock so that I don't have to wait for the next day to fight them?

If not, where's the best place to find Audino? Finally, is there a way of increasing the chances of shaking grass appearing, so that I can encounter them most often?

Thanks in advance.

Years
yes u can change BUT only if its in a route/city that doesn't have any daily "event" but I won't recommend it cause sometimes it goes wrong and you have to w8 more 24h :s
btw the best spot for audinos is in the giant chasm (lv50-55) .
Otherwise you can chill out on route 12(im not sure about the number so , its the route where you can catch combees etc , right next to the giant chasm) where you can get them at (lv47-50) .
hope i helped ^^

Now my question , can any1 tell me some gr8 teams for battle subway?
I have almost all pokemons so , just need some items , so , opinions are acepted ! :D

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Which Pokémon in B/W gives the most EXP, excluding Audino?

Universal

Musician
Years
Im trying to shiny RNG a stationary legendary,i got my ID/SID, i checked in the check for nearby shiny box and everything. Can someone help me?

Universal

Musician
Years
Did you calibrate? What are the IVs you are going for and what is your date range?

Yes i have calibrated

The Date is 01/01/13 IVs are 31/31/x/x/30/31
Im in the tab Method 5 Standard and Stationary pokemon
Im a bit lost right now,am i suppost to check in search for neaby shiny frames and do chatot chatters? (18)

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
Yes i have calibrated

The Date is 01/01/13 IVs are 31/31/x/x/30/31
Im in the tab Method 5 Standard and Stationary pokemon
Im a bit lost right now,am i suppost to check in search for neaby shiny frames and do chatot chatters? (18)

Whoa, you only searched one date? You'd be lucky if you even found a seed. When you're searching for shiny captures (with specific IVs) you have to make it search a couple of months at least.

Universal

Musician
Years
Whoa, you only searched one date? You'd be lucky if you even found a seed. When you're searching for shiny captures (with specific IVs) you have to make it search a couple of months at least.

Yeah,i was searching months/years till i found one with the desired nature/IV's,(Which oddly came to be 1/1/13)

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
Yeah,i was searching months/years till i found one with the desired nature,(Which oddly came to be 1/1/13)

OK, so you found your seed, that's good. What is the PID frame for the shiny? Also, do you know how to check your starting PID frame? (Catch a Pokémon, use its Nature/Ability/Species to find out. RNG reporter should give you a list of PID frames that you can look this up with). Also, The IV frame is 1 right?

Universal

Musician
Years
OK, so you found your seed, that's good. What is the PID frame for the shiny? Also, do you know how to check your starting PID frame? (Catch a Pokémon, use its Nature/Ability/Species to find out. RNG reporter should give you a list of PID frames that you can look this up with). Also, The IV frame is 1 right?

Wait,im in Standard Method 5 right now and i clicked the "Check For Nearby Shiny Frames".Am i suppost to go to Method 5 PIDRNG?Or copy my current seed into the main clipboard and search for a PID frame there?

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
Wait,im in Standard Method 5 right now and i clicked the "Check For Nearby Shiny Frames".Am i suppost to go to Method 5 PIDRNG?Or copy my current seed into the main clipboard and search for a PID frame there?

Uh IDK the exact procedure (I use PPRNG instead of RNG Reporter because I'm on a Mac, so the procedure is different). You need to do something that will give you a list of PID frames with the corresponding ability, nature, ESV (encounter slot), and gender. Alternatively, you could use the "calculate initial PID frame feature and that usually works most of the time. Also, RNG reporter should tell you what the shiny frame of the seed is.

Universal

Musician
Years
Uh IDK the exact procedure (I use PPRNG instead of RNG Reporter because I'm on a Mac, so the procedure is different). You need to do something that will give you a list of PID frames with the corresponding ability, nature, ESV (encounter slot), and gender. Alternatively, you could use the "calculate initial PID frame feature and that usually works most of the time. Also, RNG reporter should tell you what the shiny frame of the seed is.

I'll experement with my RNG reported,and try to figure things out with what i've known so far,and i copied my seed to the clipboard,and calculated my initial seed,i got 51.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
I'll experement with my RNG reported,and try to figure things out with what i've known so far,and i copied my seed to the clipboard,and calculated my initial seed,i got 51.

That sounds about right, you still should learn to calculate the initial one without the aid of that button (sometimes it doesn't work due to wandering NPCs or other factors). All you have to do is use Chatot to advance your frame to whatever frame the shiny is at. For example, if your shiny frame were 81, you'd have to advance it 30 times.

Also, if you have any more questions, VM me. I don't want to clog up this thread with all these posts X_X

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
Years
Can someone answer this question?
Female dw Vulpix + ditto(jpn) = non dw vulpix or dw vulpix ?
cause i already tried like 10 eggs and 0 had drought :/

Non DW Vulpix, to get a hidden ability through breeding, the female Pokemon has to breed with its male counterpart in order to pass down its ability. It still has a chance to not work though.

In your case you need a male vulpix. If your trying for shiny then you need a non english male vulpix.

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
Quick question. I'm no EV expert. I used vitamins on my Caterpie who I think was still level 1 at the time until I got the "it won't have an effect" message when I tried any of the vitamins. The EV feathers won't work either. So, is there anything else I can do to boost its stats besides theoretically fighting specific Pokemon that carry the EVs I want?

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
Years
Quick question. I'm no EV expert. I used vitamins on my Caterpie who I think was still level 1 at the time until I got the "it won't have an effect" message when I tried any of the vitamins. The EV feathers won't work either. So, is there anything else I can do to boost its stats besides theoretically fighting specific Pokemon that carry the EVs I want?

You can't boost its stat with vitamins once its EV's are equal to or over 100. So you can only use 10 on a Pokemon (10 EVs in each Vitamin) then you'll have to battle Pokemon to raise its EV's, to speed up the process, infect your Pokemon with pokerus and have it hold an item that promotes EV Gain (Power Items).

More info here: http://www.serebii.net/games/evs.shtml
Hope this helped :)

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
Thanks, that does help. How do I infect a Pokemon with Pokerus?

Two other questions, both related to each other:

1. I move a Pokemon from a generation IV game to a generation V game via the PokeShifter, will I be able to send it back? What I want to do is send a Hitokage from Pokemon HeartGold or SoulSilver to my Pokemon White, breed it, and send it back. Can I do that?

2. If I can't do this, can I breed the Hitokage in the generation IV game and send the egg permanently to my White game?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Thanks, that does help. How do I infect a Pokemon with Pokerus?

Two other questions, both related to each other:

1. I move a Pokemon from a generation IV game to a generation V game via the PokeShifter, will I be able to send it back? What I want to do is send a Hitokage from Pokemon HeartGold or SoulSilver to my Pokemon White, breed it, and send it back. Can I do that?

2. If I can't do this, can I breed the Hitokage in the generation IV game and send the egg permanently to my White game?

For the top part, just make sure you have a Pokemon with pokerus (either from trades - ask in quick trade thread maybe) or finding it in the wild by battling wild Pokemon, and then put that Pokemon in your party, then start battling with that Pokemon. After a few battles it'll have spread the pokerus around the party and boom, 6 of your Pokemon have pokerus. Just remember to box them after. :x

For one, nope they can't be sent back to gen IV and apparently eggs cannot be transferred, so... no. Unless you hatch it in your gen IV game, where there would be no issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back