• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Classic Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Well uh...this is just a little side project of mine. Basically it's a minor hack of Firered that takes place in the "Classic Universe". What does that mean?

*There are ONLY 151 Pokémon. Golbat does not evolve. Chansey does not evolve. Crobat doesn't exist, etc...
*All characters will use their Gen I designs. The designs for the characters are based off of the Gen I artwork I found on Bulbapedia. Even though the female player character didn't appear in the original games, she actually wasn't an all-new creation in FR/LG. She was meant to appear in the original games, but for some reason she was left out. This is the only official artwork of her showing her face
*Giovanni's Lv50 Rhyhorn will be changed back to a Lv50 Rhydon
*The Elite Four's levels will be changed back to the way they were in Gen I. For some reason in FR/LG, they were all lowered by 2.
*The Sevii Islands do not exist.

Some other changes:
*Rocket Grunts will carry whips like they did in Gen I
*Team Rocket Grunts now have their own battle theme (slightly edited arrangement of the one I used in my DarkViolet hack)
*Giovanni will have his own battle theme (except when fighting him as the Gym Leader, he will use the standard Gym Leader theme of course)
*Your rival now has his own battle theme. It uses the same melody as the Champion theme, but I've arranged it so that it doesn't sound epic at all to make it more like a standard battle theme. By doing this, the Champion theme is now 10x more epic.
*Ruby/Sapphire Pokemon sprites. I did this because they look more like their Gen I artwork. Lots of Pokemon had alterations to their designs in their FR/LG artwork (though a lot of these didn't show up in-game until 4th or even 5th Gen, such as how Clefable was given purple wings in its FR/LG artwork, but it didn't have purple wings in-game until Black/White)
*You will have a SNES instead of a NES, just like in Gen I
*The Lapras you receive will be Lv15 like in Gen I, instead of Lv25
*Kabuto, Omanyte, and Aerodactyl will be received at Lv30 like in Gen I, instead of Lv5

Screenshots:
19291598.png
62665716.png

61563366.png
86232329.png

61358494.png
23630115.png

44835369.png
57212026.png

12389205.png
39265465.png

Unfortunately I had to use the Manga artwork of the girl because the only game artwork that exists of her in Gen I is one that just shows her face, and another that shows her from behind...

Credits:
*everyone who made the tools I used...AdvanceMap, unLZ, IrfanView...
*diegoisawesome - I used some of the FireRed stuff he posted in his research thread, plus the D/P font patch
*Mastermind_X - I used his battle music ASM routine
*Frostbite - When I inserted Mastermind_X's ASM routine, it didn't work properly so I looked at how Frostbite implemented it in his hack(AzureHorizons) and got it working
*Coronis - When I was revising all the sprites to use their Gen I designs, I was too lazy to edit the FR/LG female player's sprite, so I just used Coronis's sprite of her manga counterpart

Also I've attached a recording of the rival's new battle theme. Listen to it, then listen to the FR/LG Champion theme right afterwords...lol

blue

gucci
Years
Veery clever Idea! this looks great and Iwill certaintly try it. I like the way you've implamented the old designs.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Sweet ;3
I like how Red and Blue(girl) Look and the rival music is awesome :3
I'll try this on release ;D

LightOfTruth

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 16, 2020
It would be good if you add Glitch City and Missingno to the games :)

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
Years
Sweet ;3
I like how Red and Blue(girl) Look and the rival music is awesome :3
I'll try this on release ;D

Actually, Blue is Gary/Shigeru and Red is Ash/Satoshi. Green (Midori in Japanese which translates to Blue; in English mangas, she's Green) is the girl who was only in the manga due to technical limits of the Gameboy and was replaced by Leaf (even though Leaf is her game name, Pokemon Adventures confirmed her being one in the same when Green changed her outfit) in the remake.

That aside, Chaos Rush, I hope you don't plan on keeping the opening like that. I'm sure you can add their trainer card sprites and Oak's and Gary's sprites to replace the manga art. It looks weird seeing the opening like that.

Years
Actually Ash and Gary are the anime counterparts. Red and Blue existed first in their games Red and Blue, and that the Kanto heroine is named Leaf. The anime was made after the games, but debuted in America first which is why people are confused with the Red and Blue naming. Pokemon GSC/HGSS even confirms their names are Red and Blue.

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2015
I look forward to this download. Nice job making sprites from the manga i really like it!

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2015
By the way, I suggest (if not done i think you already planned this) to change the TMs to the Original and change the movesets of the 150 Pokemon to the Original in Green. If you havent done that I can help you just PM me. Also it would be cool if you add some revamped sprites from the original Green version. Since the new Pokemon don't actually exist, why don't you replace them with some glitch Pokemon not only Missingno. I mean, you do not need to add scripts for that, or something, just editing and replacing images.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
That aside, Chaos Rush, I hope you don't plan on keeping the opening like that. I'm sure you can add their trainer card sprites and Oak's and Gary's sprites to replace the manga art. It looks weird seeing the opening like that.
I think it looks sexy.

Let's not argue about the names. Did you actually remove the Gen II/III mons or did you just dummy out the evolutions?
Dummy out the evolutions, and remove some scripts that involve you getting the National Dex.

By the way, I suggest (if not done i think you already planned this) to change the TMs to the Original and change the movesets of the 150 Pokemon to the Original in Green.
I've considered changing the TMs to the originals, but I'm not entirely sure about movesets. The Gen I movesets are pretty bad.

Also progress on this has been paused, because I have yet to compose the Team Rocket battle theme to be used in this hack (I'm not going to use the one from DarkViolet, as that had some minor quirks that I don't like). Unfortunately I won't compose the battle theme until I restart my other hack, Pokemon DarkViolet. And unfortunately I won't restart DarkViolet until I finish making sprite sheets for the first 493 Pokemon.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
EternalSnorlax, please don't bump threads that haven't been posted in for over a month.

Chaos Rush, if you want this thread to be reopened then just message either myself or giradialkia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back