• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Should Nintendo make a thing to send pokemon back to gen IV.

WhiteSamurott

The Artist Pokemon
Years
I was just wondering, what if Nintendo created a thing in-game to send pokemon back to IV. if they do then they should call it the: "Relaucher". Much like the Relocator and whatever.

blue

gucci
Years
Yes, I'm always cautious when sending Pokemon from Gen IV to Gen V, it means I don't have a team for Gen IV and I can't return them if I feel like it.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I agree with this. I hate when there's a Pokemon I'm looking for in my Diamond or Heartgold and then I remember I transferred it to my White version and I can't send them back. I hate we don't have this already because I find something useful for that said Pokemon.

Sirfetch’d

It would not be worth their time. Gen IV is through in GFs minds. They only will ever let you send pokemon ahead a generation. You would also have to go through deleting all new moves and removing items. Also dream World abilities would prevent some Pokemon from being sent back because they would not have that ability obtainable prior. There would be too much work and most people would not be interested in sending them back over anyway. Also one last point, because they didnot implement it in B 2& W2 it would not be implemented anyway. Gen 5 is likely done barring we get remakes.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Sorta going with what Jellifan said. There were other issues as well. It was a pain to trade between Gen 1 and Gen 2 because of all the rules for trading. Transferring backwards would follow those strict rules which Jellifan posted. Its also a step backwards. When the newer generation appears, they tend to stop support of the older games.

With Gamefreak and TPC always pushing forward and showing support to the newer games, it could prove a bit bad for business for them to include a reverse trade method for games they don't support.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2012
As much as i want it, i have to agree with Xander it would have many rules and it would really be annoying to make sure that you follow them.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
They're moving forward with Generation 6 soon. Companies aren't going to take the time to work on ways to keep you using older models while they're making newer ones. They're going to want you to upgrade to the newer ones for $$$. Game Freak is no exception. They may have it in a future generation, but working on improving generation IV isn't something I expect they'd be doing.

droomph

weeb
Years
Maybe it's worth it, but I don't see the point tbh :P

I dunno, but I play my old games for nostalgia, not for a competitive battle team. I use the most recent game for that.

And yes, what all the people said. Though they are proven to be thoroughly dedicated to their job solely for the joy of it, they are still a corporation, and need a steady source of money like every other corporation that exists.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

It would not be worth their time. Gen IV is through in GFs minds. They only will ever let you send pokemon ahead a generation. You would also have to go through deleting all new moves and removing items. Also dream World abilities would prevent some Pokemon from being sent back because they would not have that ability obtainable prior. There would be too much work and most people would not be interested in sending them back over anyway. Also one last point, because they didnot implement it in B 2& W2 it would not be implemented anyway. Gen 5 is likely done barring we get remakes.

I agree, it would be handy, but not really worth it considering how much effort and resources it would take to make it happen. I would rather them spend more time on Pokemon designs and the more important stuff rather than something that is not needed.

Bobbylicious

Banned
Years

This. It pretty much sums it up nicely;
I mean, yeah it would be nice to have something to transfer them back, but honestly, I rarely play my old Pokemon games, I only play Black now I haven't played D/P/Pt/HG/SS for a long time now, so I really don't mind that we can't transfer them back.

Years

He's right. Game Freak's purpose is to focus on the current generation.

Even though it would be nice to have a feature like this, but honestly, I rarely play my 4th Gen games anymore cos when a new generation gets released, I basically move on to the new games.

I haven't played Platinum or SoulSilver for a while now so I don't really mind the fact we can't transfer back.

Back