• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I can't wait for English class!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
^I say this literally every Tuesdays/Thursdays. xD

When you are/were in school, you could have at least one subject that you love (or hate!). That one subject you adore learning about every day...and yet there's one subject you despise with a passion. I know the feeling, yup. :P

So, PC! What is your favorite school subject, and why? What is your least favorite?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
French was always my favourite. I was really good at it and I found it really interesting and my teacher was a British woman, so I always looked forward to that class lol.

My least favourite was PE, for obvious reasons. Everybody hates PE. After tenth grade I didn't have to do PE anymore and my least favourite subject became English. I really really hated analysing texts for meaning... it seemed so pointless and it was way more difficult than it should have been. I love creative writing, but I can't stand analysing the works of others lol.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
Math was my least favorite. It's systematic, and I can understand it easily enough. It was just so boring to me.

My favorite (in high school) was definitely my Independent Technology class. It was one of my favorite teachers ever and I got to work independently in her class while she was teaching another class. I worked on the schools website and I got to help her out with teaching her class.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I barely remember school, but I enjoyed my Political Science and German courses in college. I had some awesome Poli Sci glasses... in one we learned about Congress, and another the Presidency. I got to act like President Bush in one :D It was amazing and so much fun. I also had two wonderful professors for those classes... man I miss them. :(

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I hated English class in middle school and that continued up to high school, when I started being okay with it in 12th grade; I didn't like English at first because I had a hard time generating ideas.

On the other hand, I was comfortable with math; I found it easy to solve the problems if I had the right formula in mind.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I LOOOVE MATHS!! also bcuz my teacher is very funny u should she the way she talks with some boys xD xD

I just hate civics and economics bcuz of my teacher. i always feel sleepy in that class and she gives a lot a homework and i hate completing my notes

Years
Why you guys love Math? Honestly I hate Math since the way my teacher teaching isn't had a good result for me. Her sounds made me sleepy and never made some jokes. I ever sleep because I cannot do anything.

Technology - Information and Communication are my favorite. Its fused into one subject for studying all about computer and its family. I never feels bored because I can also play a computer. Next is English, I love it because playing a games is my hobby.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Maths? No probs for me. Maths is literally me best subject & I don't even have to study for this subject whenever test/exams come up. Although my teach's method of teaching is just too boring that I tend to fall asleep.

My least fav has to be Mandarin since I come from a non-Mandarin speaking family & it's just so hard. My teach's always giving us super-hard, mind-cracking homework too.

This rounds it all up.

Psystar63

☆ || [The Wandering Star] || ☆
Years
^I say this literally every Tuesdays/Thursdays. xD

When you are/were in school, you could have at least one subject that you love (or hate!). That one subject you adore learning about every day...and yet there's one subject you despise with a passion. I know the feeling, yup. :P

So, PC! What is your favorite school subject, and why? What is your least favorite?

I liked English class too, because I had the most awesome English teacher. Not only did she know her stuff, but she'd give us fun assignments... And let us have parties at the end of the year. But my best subject was art. The one class where I could get messy with paint and not have to sit at a desk all day.
Maths I didn't particularly enjoy... not because I was bad at it. It was just so............. boring. I spent maths class just daydreaming and doodling instead... Yet still somehow managed to pass by winging it :D

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I love maths as well as most areas of science - chemistry, biology and physics. I really dislike English, although I get quite good marks for it. If i had to narrow my favourite down I'd probably opt for Chemistry and Mathematical Methods.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
PE, absolutely. Unlike you blokes, PE almost always means free period for us. We could play any game we want at the gym and the teacher would also join. :3

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
My favourite? Definitely chemistry. While I have quite a few subjects I do like, chemistry tops them all mostly because it's one of the only subjects that I almost always feel like participating in as well as getting stuff done. For the most part it's really interesting, and I've pretty much always felt that way about it.

My least favourite would probably be German. It's not that the language is that difficult to learn, apart from the grammar being pretty different to any other languages I know, just more the teacher. Her methods of teaching are some of the most boring and off-putting ever, and I feel like I haven't really learned anything useful in that subject over the past year :/

Altomare

Purupuru!
Years
Favorite right now? Psychology. It seems fascinating, all those theories about stuff I never really think about like emotions. History too, but only because my teacher there is the best, discussing it like a story and inserting curse words at times.

Least liked? P.E. I'm not the most physical person, and I really have to try hard just to get a good grade.

Years
Back in the college days, it was my Physics class I enjoyed the most. I liked all of my college classes though. During my GCSE classes however, I disliked History.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I absolutely loved Chemistry in school, it was so much fun. The teachers were amazing, the content was very interesting, and the people I was with were great. The whole class just had an amazing atmosphere, it was really nice :3 As for hated subjects... I'm not really sure I hated any, but I guess my least favourite was Maths just because the content was pretty dull. The class was still quite a lot of fun though, the people were great.

... lol I miss college now. :(

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
It's weird that maths springs to mind because it's the only subject I really struggle with. I guess I just like the challenge.

Years
It was always something different. In high school I hated a lot of my English classes because of the teachers I had even though I liked English, and I didn't hate my Physics and Calculus classes even though I was failing those because I had a good teacher for both.

In college my Japanese classes were hands down the best and worst. There were two different teachers, one who was fun and clever and very smart and helpful, and one who was slow and hard to understand and never helpful.

Years
Up until high school, Math was my favorite class, because I always found it easy, and would always get A's in it while putting in no effort. Once I hit high school though, it stopped clicking, and once I actually had to work at it, I hated it with a passion, and it became my least favorite class.

Strangely enough, one of my three favorite classes in high school was Accounting. I had absolutely no trouble with that, and much like Math when I was younger, I passed with flying colors without even trying (but the class was boring, though). My other two favorites were IT and English, just because I genuinely enjoyed them, and I always had nice and helpful teachers for them.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
English was just a boring not my dredded subject at school. that was French as my teacher seemed to give me too hard schoolwork.

my best subject which I loved was: Science because I liked the experiments we did in it.

Back