• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Glitch Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Whether it's the Mew glitch, Pikablu, or the infamous Missingno, this is the thread for it. Here you can discuss which glitches you have performed, some glitches you have found, ask how to perform certain glitches, or even predict how these all work. Just make sure everything stays on the topic of glitches!

-has nothing to add to discussion-

Um...I've done the Mew glitch and the Missingno. glitch in my Red version, but that's as much as I'll do. :( I'm not a risky person by any means.

Last edited:

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
I've done the mew glitch countless times, I just wish i'd known about it back when RBY first came out. I've never done the Missingno glitch, though, or any form of it.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
I've never done the Mew Glitch. The only glitch I've done on R/B/Y is the Missingno glitch, which I've done numerous times. I remember catching a lv.147 Snorlax and feeding it rare candy. XD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I've visited Glitch City at some point. :3
Which, btw, should be in future games due to its randomness. :D yes I know it's not going to happen.

Oh and I've done the duplicate items thing in the boxes, which was handy~!

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
I had a hecklotta fun with Glitch City. Try going there with walk through walls, it's gonna be awesome !

On my Red ROM (current hub of glitches), I practically have a box full of M', MISSINGNO, *glitch characters*, etc. Most of them went to my Brown ROM and turned into Heracross and Porygon 2 o_O.

I also have a Lv. 152 Golbat. I used to have two, but one went to my Brown. xD

I soooo love those Glitches ! :t321:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You know, that reminds me. I could just perform glitches on my Red ROM. That way I'm not messing up my official cartridge. :)

I have, however, done the glitch in Silver that allows you to get all three starter Pokemon.

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
Years
Last time I glitched on Red was by memory hacking. Man, that sure makes me laugh sometimes =D

Linky™

Link saves the day!
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2010
I've done the missingno glitch dozens of times until my computer boxes crashed.

I also did the glitch city glitch, haven't tried out the mew glitch though.

jujuju

The Guelah Papyrus
Years
The mew glitch allowed me to catch all 151 pokemon in blue, I still have that cartridge and it works perfectly. It was a lot of fun messing around with the hex numbers and finally catching pokemon that had escpaped me for a long time.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
The glitch in Gold and Silver (I am fairly sure it was fixed in Crystal) to get all three starters goes like this (if memory serves):

1. Save in front of Elm before getting your starter.
2. Pick your starter, doesn't matter who.
3. Get to the point to where you have Pokeballs.
4. Go catch a junk Pokemon and then give a Pokeball to your starter and box it, then switch boxes.
5. When it's saving and all the words (Saving, do not turn off the power) appear (ALL of them have to be there), turn off the game.
6. Turn it back on and you pick another starter. Rinse and repeat as many times as desired. It'll be easier if you give your starter that Pokeball the first time around.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
So many glitches. -_- I never heard of the starter glitch. (=
And I did the Mew glitch before on a ROM.. xD

Also I heard of something called Glitch City? I think it has something to do with the Safari Zone in Pokemon Blue.

Years
What is the Mew glitch of whatever it is? Is it on Pokemon Crystal? I've always wanted to have a Mew on one of my games, but I can never seem to find out how to get one.

jujuju

The Guelah Papyrus
Years
What is the Mew glitch of whatever it is? Is it on Pokemon Crystal? I've always wanted to have a Mew on one of my games, but I can never seem to find out how to get one.
It can be done on either pokemon red or blue. What you have to do is go up the nugget bridge and go left to where you should see a patch of grass. In this patch of grass there is a trainer who will challenge you if you get in his line of view. Don't. Instead go right above him so he is not on your screen. Step down and press start immediately. If done properly the start screen should come up. Press fly and fly to cerulean. Before you fly away a question mark should appear above the trainers head. If not you have done something wrong. Make your way back up the nugget bridge, but this time go right. By the way your start button shouldn't work at this point. Find the youngster with a slowpoke (you might want to know where he is before you do this cheat) without battling anyone else first. Battle him, but make sure there is at least a few steps distance in between you when he sees you. If not, your game will freeze. Defeat him and your start button should work. Fly back to cerulean and walk back up the nugget bridge. At some point on the bridge you should have a wild encounter. It will be mew. If you want, you can also play around with the hex numbers of pokemon and use this cheat to get any pokemon in the game. Just look up how to do it on google.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Hm... most of these are old glitches. Anything that caused a data mix-up? (Such as Splash actually DOING damage or something like that?)

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I got a sex change!

No, I'm not talking about my personal life, I experienced a glitch that from what I know, hasn't happened to anyone else! Here's the story:

My Pokemon Crystal recently started acting up, freezing, strange glitches, but the most common is the game resetting with weird colors and giving me an error message saying it can only be played on a GameBoy Color. I turn it off and on, then all will be well. I found out this was because my Gameboy Advance's slot thingy was loose, causing weird errors. One day, it did that resetting glitch when I pressed "continue". When I turned it off and on and checked to see if the file was all right, I was a girl! No data lost, no serious glitches, but I was turned into a girl completely! I caught a Pokemon and compared it's stats. My Pokemon's OT showed my name with a male symbol like it should, but the new one showed a female symbol as if I was a different trainer! The gender change wasn't just the sprites, it was everything! The red screens became blue because I'm now a female. Am I seriously the only one that experienced this?

Last edited:

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
I got a sex change!

No, I'm not talking about my personal life, I experienced a glitch that from what I know, hasn't happened to anyone else! Here's the story:

My Pokemon Crystal recently started acting up, freezing, strange glitches, but the most common is the game resetting with weird colors and giving me an error message saying it can only be played on a GameBoy Color. I turn it off and on, then all will be well. I found out this was because my Gameboy Advance's slot thingy was loose, causing weird errors. One day, it did that resetting glitch when I pressed "continue". When I turned it off and on and checked to see if the file was all right, I was a girl! No data lost, no serious glitches, but I was turned into a girl completely! I caught a Pokemon and compared it's stats. My Pokemon's OT showed my name with a male symbol like it should, but the new one showed a female symbol as if I was a different trainer! The gender change wasn't just the sprites, it was everything! The red screens became blue because I'm now a female. Am I seriously the only one that experienced this?

No, I only had the glitch where my guy became blue for a few months because my GameBoy shut off when I was saving. No other damage made. It's very similar to yours, and it showed my battle sprite as normal, though, but listed me as a girl...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back