• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen More than just Unova?

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
I think I found a weird hint that Hoenn is going to be in the next game. I was replaying Emerald, and in Rustburo, in that church looking building, there's a scientist that says he's working on trying to see pokemon dreams. Like what's her face is doing in Black and White. Coincidence? Old news?

That's old news and doesn't have to mean Hoenn will be in B2/W2. Probably that scientist from Rustboro will introduce to Dream World in R/S remakes. If it'll be true, it would mean that Dream World was planned already during gen 3 development.

jordsters

The master of... TEH FLOON
Years
I'll be honest... I don't think we'll travel to any other region. I'm only saying this because Platinum was Diamond & Pearl's sequel, and all that did was add some features, and stayed in Sinnoh. Who knows? They may add the ability to travel to another region, but I doubt it.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I simply think they will add to more areas to Unova, or show Sinnoh again and develop what plans Ghetsis had for the orbs.

Also simply cause the crystals are red and blue doesn't mean Hoenn will appear...thats like those people who say that because the pokeball design in HgSs is Green that it will be Emerald that is remade...

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2012
Their is a person who came from Hoenn that is in the desert region buy the cave with pokemon statues out front.

J_BiGGiE

Hacker in Training
Years
Their is a person who came from Hoenn that is in the desert region buy the cave with pokemon statues out front.

Coincidence. Just like there being Moo Moo Milk that's purchasable, Rage Candy Bars, Old Gateau, and Lava Cookies. Also in the same way that Jasmine appeared in D/P or Looker in Platinum as well as B/W or for that matter of fact anyone of any minute significance references another region foreign to the game being played.

All it shows is that the Pokémon world is a connected world.

Just go talk to the fat guy in any given starting town. He'll tell you all about the changing world, it's evolving technology, and information connections. (Really, in every generation... as if we weren't aware by now)

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2012
Coincidence. Just like there being Moo Moo Milk that's purchasable, Rage Candy Bars, Old Gateau, and Lava Cookies. Also in the same way that Jasmine appeared in D/P or Looker in Platinum as well as B/W or for that matter of fact anyone of any minute significance references another region foreign to the game being played.

All it shows is that the Pokémon world is a connected world.

Just go talk to the fat guy in any given starting town. He'll tell you all about the changing world, it's evolving technology, and information connections. (Really, in every generation... as if we weren't aware by now)
Okay yea it may be, but is any other region mentioned in the game? Just asking. I dont want to come across as a smart a**

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Been awhile since I have played but I pretty sure there was mention of Team Galactic and Rocket, since the guy in the Icirrus Moor was a former member. So there is definitely interrelatedness from multiple fronts. Which doesn't really have me lean to one region over the other that will be visited. As for the Hoenn discussion, I myself if I was calling the shots at Gamefreak wouldn't go through with that as a second region for this game, from the stand point that they probably don't need to release two games centered around Hoenn in a year/two year span from each other. I'd rather see an expansion of the Unova region and how it has developed, as opposed to seeing another region or one we have already visited in past games.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
If Hoenn ends up in B2/W2, I'm not buying it. I'm already not buying any R/S remakes because the region is a chore to traverse, and having it forced upon B2/W2 players would be unfair. And I'd much rather see more urban development and sprawl in the Castelia vicinity anyway (i.e., Route 4).

As for references to other regions, a Grunt in N's Castle says that Team Rocket and Team Galactic were foiled because they revealed their plans to the public, or something to that effect. And of course you had Cynthia.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
let's say the far away region N went to was Hoenn, now if you played white your Pokemon was Zekrom and N had reshiram , but now if you get white 2 white kyurem is one the cover. And it was stated the kyurem changes form by absorbing the dragons genes, so if N Is in Hoenn and he doesn't return to unova, and they way kyurem changes form is by absorbing genes wouldn't kyurem have to go to Hoenn? And if you want to catch it wouldnt you have to go to Hoenn ?

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
let's say the far away region N went to was Hoenn, now if you played white your Pokemon was Zekrom and N had reshiram , but now if you get white 2 white kyurem is one the cover. And it was stated the kyurem changes form by absorbing the dragons genes, so if N Is in Hoenn and he doesn't return to unova, and they way kyurem changes form is by absorbing genes wouldn't kyurem have to go to Hoenn? And if you want to catch it wouldnt you have to go to Hoenn ?

Let say that again - Even if N really went to Hoenn how would Kyurem know where is he? I think N will release his Zekrom/Reshiram just like he released every caught Pokemon during B/W, and let it go back to Unova to play role in B2/W2. Hoenn is not really needed in B2/W2.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
Let say that again - Even if N really went to Hoenn how would Kyurem know where is he? I think N will release his Zekrom/Reshiram just like he released every caught Pokemon during B/W, and let it go back to Unova to play role in B2/W2. Hoenn is not really needed in B2/W2.

I think Ive found my agent smith of the matrix that is pokecomunity lol .

It's true that he releasesd all of his previouse Pokemon , but reshiram is different it befriended N . I N wouldn't send a Pokemon away if it wanted to stay with him.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Doubt it, and honestly I am tired of this speculation. Why would they put another region in the game? Hoenn? No, most likely that will be saved for the R/S/E remakes. I think B/W 2 will just have Unova, as it should.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
Doubt it, and honestly I am tired of this speculation. Why would they put another region in the game? Hoenn? No, most likely that will be saved for the R/S/E remakes. I think B/W 2 will just have Unova, as it should.

Why would they make a sequel to B/W instead of making the usual 3rd game and using part of the plot of B/W 2 in gen 6?
The answer is simple because they can.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
I thought that even if N traveled to Hoenn it doesn't have to mean Hoenn will be in B2/W2 because timetable (not release order) for gen 5 storylines could be planned like this: 1) B/W, 2) R/S remakes, 3) B2/W2. It means that in B2/W2 N would return from Hoenn, while in R/S remakes which storyline would take place earlier than B2/W2, he would be cameo character and have Zekrom in Ruby remake or Reshiram in Sapphire remake.

Having timetable like this would also mean that in B2/W2 there might be some rumors about events from Hoenn storyline which were missing in B/W.

Joshawott

Banned
Years
I thought that even if N traveled to Hoenn it doesn't have to mean Hoenn will be in B2/W2 because timetable (not release order) for gen 5 storylines could be planned like this: 1) B/W, 2) R/S remakes, 3) B2/W2. It means that in B2/W2 N would return from Hoenn, while in R/S remakes which storyline would take place earlier than B2/W2, he would be cameo character and have Zekrom in Ruby remake or Reshiram in Sapphire remake.

Having timetable like this would also mean that in B2/W2 there might be some rumors about events from Hoenn storyline which were missing in B/W.

I highly doubt that. Having sequel elements to Black and White in the remakes of Ruby and Sapphire would likely disappoint a lot of people and many would be left skeptical. I think Black and White 2 will be direct sequels... like, right after N went into the portal.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021

I highly doubt that. Having sequel elements to Black and White in the remakes of Ruby and Sapphire would likely disappoint a lot of people and many would be left skeptical. I think Black and White 2 will be direct sequels... like, right after N went into the portal.

N went into a portal? I've always thought that he took of on his Pokemon at super speed

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
If B2W2 had Hoenn in it it'll be three+ years from it's RSE storyline (proof is that in Platinum a girl in the battle tower mentioned a similar tower in her home region and in Emerald it was being built (pre game) and opened (post game) and Platinum took place before BW)
Either way they should stick to Unova, and expand on it's size and storyline, I feel that if they added Hoenn(or even Kanto,or Sinnoh in that regard)it'll take away from it's role in the story.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
If B2W2 had Hoenn in it it'll be three+ years from it's RSE storyline (proof is that in Platinum a girl in the battle tower mentioned a similar tower in her home region and in Emerald it was being built (pre game) and opened (post game) and Platinum took place before BW)
Either way they should stick to Unova, and expand on it's size and storyline, I feel that if they added Hoenn(or even Kanto,or Sinnoh in that regard)it'll take away from it's role in the story.

I do see your point , but think about this , the girl mentions the battle tower( or one like it) in HG/SS and we know B/W takes place after that. But in B/W we hear no mention of team A/M but we hear about the other teams. Now one could that's because it didn't happen yet, or they just didn't mentioned it, but if we say the latter could one also say the girl talking about the tower could mean a different one we've never seen?

Because if she mentioned the tower that was built after E story line but many years later teams A/M hasent even did what they did yet isn't that some temporal anomaly ? Lol

They kinda already messed up the Pokemon timeline, that's why if Hoenn is in B/W2 we can see hoenn many years later, so it could be like a R/S sequel as well sorta

Back