• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♠ The Art of RNG ♠ | RNG Guides [OLD]

Bring challenges back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Excellent entries for the challenge! I come to you all with a new topic of discussion.

New discussion topic:
What type of RNG abuse can you do? What are you interesting in learning how to do in the future?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
At the moment I can only really catch Pokémon that you have to click on like Terrakion or Musharna and hatch Pokémon with the desired IVs, nature, shiny, etc in 5th gen. I would like to learn how to do random grass encounters, C-Gear and Wonder Card ones as well though. I'm using PPRNG and would love someone to teach me. I would also really love to learn 4th and 3rd gen RNGing too.

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
What type of RNG abuse can you do? What are you interesting in learning how to do in the future?
I can do breeding and capturing (mostly legendaries) abuse in Gen 3, 4, and 5. I would like to do complicated captures (e.g. Headbutt, Shaking Spot, Swarm, fishing, etc) or Entralink abuse someday but they don't really appeal to me. I don't like fancy balls too much just to spend hours doing entralink abuse. .-.

LegendaryFSK

I control my own fate.
Years
What type of RNG abuse can you do? What are you interesting in learning how to do in the future? Well for now, the only RNG abuse I can do is breeding and capturing (stationaries, wild grass/cave, wondercard) on Gen 5. I'm using PPRNG beings how I'm on a Mac and one day, I'd like to be able to learn Gen 4...but I'm content with Gen 5 abuse for now.

On another note...two of my latest abuses...
004.png
113.gif
004.png

Chansey
shiny.png
female.png
| Level 1
Jay Jay | 37261 | Black
Bold | Natural Cure | 31 31 31 31 31 31
Aromatherapy | Pound | Growl | Helping Hand

004.png
285.gif
004.png

Shroomish
shiny.png
female.png
| Level 1
Jay Jay | 37261 | Black
Adamant | Poison Heal | 31 31 31 31 31 31
Focus Punch | Seed Bomb | Spore | Substitute​

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
Years
Yo! I doubt this is the right place to post this but i'm doing it anyway, so don't get mad at me ;_;

I've been following the RNG abuse guide in the OP, and am trying to find my Timer0.
I'm positive that i'm following all the step correctly, and doing everything right, but when I click 'Search' in RNG Reporter after finding the IVs of the Pokemon I caught in Victory Road, it always comes up with 0 results.

I'm fairly sure i'm doing it right too, because when I use the same time more than once, I end up catching the same exact Pokemon.

RNG abuse sounds fun and i'd love to be able to do it D:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
What type of RNG abuse can you do? What are you interested in learning how to do in the future?
Right now, I can do eggs in Platinum. Aaaand I can do eggs and wild captures in Black. And wondercards...I think. lol :( I'm trying to learn how to RNG stationary Pokemon in Platinum and get better at eggs in Black. I'd like to learn eggs in HG as well, and stationaries. I just wanna get pretty stuff that I like. :3c

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Yo! I doubt this is the right place to post this but i'm doing it anyway, so don't get mad at me ;_;

I've been following the RNG abuse guide in the OP, and am trying to find my Timer0.
I'm positive that i'm following all the step correctly, and doing everything right, but when I click 'Search' in RNG Reporter after finding the IVs of the Pokemon I caught in Victory Road, it always comes up with 0 results.

I'm fairly sure i'm doing it right too, because when I use the same time more than once, I end up catching the same exact Pokemon.

Please post your MAC address, Game version (White English for example), IV range, time/date, and your DS console and I will see what I can do to help you. Double check your MAC address, by the way.

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2020

Are you turning on the C-Gear when you're attempting to calibrate? That's the only thing I can think of.

As for the topic of discussion...What type of RNG abuse can you do? What are you interested in learning how to do in the future?
I can do breeding, capture/stationary, and wondercard RNG in B/W, and shiny egg and ID/SID abuse in D/P/Pt. I'm trying to learn capture/stationary and egg IV in gen 4 right now, though I'd love to learn Entralink sometime.

Gwaponezz

DIE BISSHES!!!
Years
Help when i start My RNG reporter This shows up. im using windows XP help!!

The application failed to intialize properly (0xC0000135) Click on Ok to terminate the application.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Help when i start My RNG reporter This shows up. im using windows XP help!!

The application failed to intialize properly (0xC0000135) Click on Ok to terminate the application.

Try to download Microsoft's .net framework. Just google around for it... if that doesn't work, do the below.

Register on this website and post your problem in this thread. Make sure you list what version of RNG Reporter you are using.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83057

---

On another note, I'd like to introduce TwilightBlade as our newest co-owner. Welcome to the nublet zone, Blade!

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

Years
Thanks Mac, that honestly makes my day a whole lot better. Happy to help. I'll do something for the challenge shortly... :3

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Hi nublet! Co-own wiv us :3

for the challenge:
084f.gif
Nest_Ball.png

IV: 31/31/31/7/31/31
Crappy Ability: Run Away
Camilla, 12572

Caught a weird Bird Pokemon which can't fly, Pokedex says it can't but somehow it can learn HM02...

Since I have French Diamond and Soul Silver and now I have Japanese Black. Be sure you'll see many abuses from those games!

small announcement:
Starting with next challenge, Mac, TwilightBlade and I will choose the best abuse of each challenge and it will be the mascot of the thread until the end of following challenge. Do your best and be the chosen one!​

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
Okaaay...there's Breeding Shiny Pokemon in Platinum. That's it. I'm interested in doing Wondercard Pokemon RNG abuse (Gen IV and Gen V), but there are two challenges to both.
Gen IV: I still don't have the Wondercard (planning to do Pokemon Ranger Deoxys) and the delays...are a royal pain in the neck
Gen V: I use a flashcart. Every time I start up my game, the parameters that I get would have a weird Actual Seconds rate. Instead of 26 like how TwilightBlade's guide had, I got a number that's around 32. (If I still have my DS Lite, I could do it easily)
I'm also going to try RNG abusing for good IVs (Gen IV and Gen V). And like the Wondercard Pokemon RNG abuse, there are two problems.
Gen IV: delays. Delays. DELAYS. My only problem.
Gen V: flashcart. Flashcart. FLASHCART. My only problem.
Maybe I'll edit this post with a Shiny Pokemon after my DSi XL's battery is full.

TwilightBlade

Years
Looking forward to that announcement, gonz0. :)

~o~ flashcart

Here's my beautiful bird. This was like, my fastest RNG abuse ever. LOLGEN5 ;-;

011.png
520.gif
521.gif
011.png

Tranquill
OT: Echo ID: 56632
Jolly | Super Luck
Leer | Quick Attack | Air Cutter | Roost
31 | 31 | 31 | 15 | 31 | 31​

institutions

Years
Please post your MAC address, Game version (White English for example), IV range, time/date, and your DS console and I will see what I can do to help you. Double check your MAC address, by the way.

I've checked my MAC address a few times and i'm sure i've got it right.

MAC address: 0009BF4790A0
English Black version
IV Range: HP - 13-15, ATK - 31, DEF - 29-31, Sp.A - 10-11, Sp. D - 20-22, Speed - 4-5.
March 21, 2012. 15:46:25
Original DS.

I think i'm going to try with my brothers DS Lite and if even that doesn't work, with my 3DS.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014

I've checked my MAC address a few times and i'm sure i've got it right.

MAC address: 0009BF4790A0
English Black version
IV Range: HP - 13-15, ATK - 31, DEF - 29-31, Sp.A - 10-11, Sp. D - 20-22, Speed - 4-5.
March 21, 2012. 15:46:25
Original DS.

I think i'm going to try with my brothers DS Lite and if even that doesn't work, with my 3DS.

I found two results actually xD but ignore the second one.

institutions

Years
Oh wow.
I totally kept reading the March 21st date on my DS as the 31st and left it as the 31st in RNG Reporter >_>

Thanks a lot :D
Time to try some RNG!

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Oh wow.
I totally kept reading the March 21st date on my DS as the 31st and left it as the 31st in RNG Reporter >_>

Thanks a lot :D
Time to try some RNG!

No problem! I'm glad I was able to help you with your problem. :D Good luck and have fun.

TwilightBlade

Years
Man, I do silly mistakes all the time. /forgot to click calculate initial frame when switching to hp ice seed. .-.
Oh well, I got two of my favorite bw shinies myself, finally.
They both got in the first dive ball @ asleep and 90% health. ;-;
See all the pretty Pokemon makes me miss trading. .____.

007.png
595.gif
596.gif
007.png

Joltik ♂ ★
Timid | Compoundeyes | Hidden Power:
15.png
Fury Cutter | Electroweb | Bug Bite | Gastro Acid
31 | 14 | 30 | 31 | 31 | 31

007.png
548.gif
549.gif
007.png

Petilil ♀ ★
Modest | Chlorophyll | Hidden Power:
15.png
Sleep Powder | Mega Drain | Synthesis | Magical Leaf
31 | 14 | 30 | 31 | 31 | 31​

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
awesome abuses everyone!

Introducing the new challenge
April Fool's Challenge!
RNG a Pokemon with either ability Prankster or move Trick/Switcheroo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back