• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

thethethethe's Scripting Tutorial

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
Could someone help me because I do not understand the nicknaming part of the tutorial.

AustinWolff

has left
Years
hello! what exactly do we put in the var and unknown values in Amap for script boxes? In the tutroial, he has pictures telling us what to do, but the pictures are just this:

Didn't work, did it? Froze on the spot. You're going to need to change this...

(question mark box)

to this....

(question mark box)

Try it now. Worked perfectly, didn't it?

so can anyone give a screen shot of what we put in the var and unknowns? thanks!

Last edited:
Years
Hello, I have two questions about scripting:

1. Is there a command that acts as like a timer based off the in game timer? or even perhaps a command that counts the your steps?

2. Is there a command that checks the type of a pokemon in the your party, not just the actual pokemon?

Oh one more question: Is it possible to make it so that after a battle if you lose a battle, you don't white out and go to a pokemon center and instead it just continues the script? (i.e. the rival battle at the beginning of firered where if you lose your pokemon just get healed and your rival says something..)

Thank You!!

Years
Im doing this hack of pokemon emerald where you can catch every pokemon, but i ran into a problem. im mmaking it so you can get to southern island by surfing, but i need a code that can enable latias or latios to battle you there. can someone give me a script that does that?

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2016
Can someone please help? I can not get wildbattle (or startwildbttle) working! I want you to be able to battle a Deoxys and this is what I have:

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
checkflag 0x1
if 0x1 goto @done
message @text
boxset 0x6
startwildbattle 0x199 0x32 0x0
setflag 0x1
release
end
#org @done
release
end
#org @text
= DEOXYS: Tuvvvvvvvv!!!

The Deoxys talks but than nothing happens! Im using a pokemon ruby rom.

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2022
Hi everybody!
I'm sorry but I'm a noob here and I don't know where to post this question:

I'm using Advancemap and pksv as script editor.
I've made so far 3 talking scripts (using script generator of pksv) on the same map, and they work perfectly.
But when I create a 4th talking script on the same map, the person with that script only says the 2nd or 3rd script.
What it's happening and how should I correct this?
Thank you so much in advance for your answer.
Best regards,
Pokemaniaco :P

Years
  • Seen May 1, 2022
Please help, having many problems and have many questions!!!

Hi, i have been trying to figure out scripting for some time, this seems like it will help. BUT, the first thing i want to mast is a simple trainer battle.

So far i have gone into PET and selected the ID 001 and named it, changed the pokemon and so on, everything is saved and i have the offset number it gives me. (23A1A0)

In A-Map i have added a person event and moved them were i want them, i changed the sprite and everything. NOW do i put the offset of the trainer in PET or what? same with the ID? do i put the 001?

When using pokescript i used the template for a trainer battle (is this ok?) and i selected the ID i wanted (0x001 would be correct, right?) and then i have not changed anything, as i am simply trying to get the battle to work.

From here, what do i do, do i save it? compile it? Are my offset and ID #'s in A-Map correct?

please help!!!

Years
Hi, i have been trying to figure out scripting for some time, this seems like it will help. BUT, the first thing i want to mast is a simple trainer battle.

So far i have gone into PET and selected the ID 001 and named it, changed the pokemon and so on, everything is saved and i have the offset number it gives me. (23A1A0)

In A-Map i have added a person event and moved them were i want them, i changed the sprite and everything. NOW do i put the offset of the trainer in PET or what? same with the ID? do i put the 001?

When using pokescript i used the template for a trainer battle (is this ok?) and i selected the ID i wanted (0x001 would be correct, right?) and then i have not changed anything, as i am simply trying to get the battle to work.

From here, what do i do, do i save it? compile it? Are my offset and ID #'s in A-Map correct?

please help!!!

If I read your problem correctly, all you have to do is compile your script and make sure you copy the offset from your script tothe person event on advanced map. As for the people ID in advance map, you don't have to put anything unless you don't want that person to appear anymore. I hope this helps!

Years
  • Seen May 1, 2022
I am having problems. i decided to just copy my one successful script into the others. but now when i try to change what they say it always goes back to the original script. even though i change the offset.

also when i try and change a script on the original trainer (i got one to work somehow) it does not save either. how do i change a script is basically what i am asking? i am saving, compiling, and copying the offset (which has not changed) into the box. But when i hit open script it did not save.

i am really bad at this :/

#dyn 0xE9F281
#org @begin
trainerbattle 0x0 0x003 0x0 @intro @defeat
msgbox @afterwards
callstd msg_normal
end
#org @intro
= I go swimming in the cave[.]

#org @defeat
= You defeated me[.]

#org @afterwards
= I need to train more[.]

that is my script - the dynamic offset i was given after compiling is EA0129

so what do i do from here? post the dynamic offset in advance map and at the top of my script? than i save and it should work, correct?

Last edited:
Years
I am having problems. i decided to just copy my one successful script into the others. but now when i try to change what they say it always goes back to the original script. even though i change the offset.

also when i try and change a script on the original trainer (i got one to work somehow) it does not save either. how do i change a script is basically what i am asking? i am saving, compiling, and copying the offset (which has not changed) into the box. But when i hit open script it did not save.

i am really bad at this :/

#dyn 0xE9F281
#org @begin
trainerbattle 0x0 0x003 0x0 @intro @defeat
msgbox @afterwards
callstd msg_normal
end
#org @intro
= I go swimming in the cave[.]

#org @defeat
= You defeated me[.]

#org @afterwards
= I need to train more[.]

that is my script - the dynamic offset i was given after compiling is EA0129

so what do i do from here? post the dynamic offset in advance map and at the top of my script? than i save and it should work, correct?

Hmm, I'm not completely familiar or an expert on scripting by any means and I use the $ symbol for offsets.. I see what you are trying to do, if I were to make this script this is what I would do:

#org $begin
trainerbattle 0x00 0x03 $see $win
$see 1 = I go swimming in the cave.
$win 1 = You defeated me.
message $after
$after 1 = I need to train more.
boxset 6
release
end

I hope this helps, I'm somewhat new to this stuff but for pokescript this is how I would do it on notepad, then compile and copy and paste the offset it gives onto the person in advance map. Sorry if this doesn't help at all:/

Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2012
I can't seem to do this at all. My XSE doesn't want to cooperate with me.

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
Hello. I'm having a problem with the "warp" script. If I make a warp like this:

warp 0x03 0x19 0xFF
#raw 0x14 0x00 0x27 0x00

It ends up warping me to:

Route 7 (Which is 3.25)

Is this maybe because the warp command can not have double digits in it?

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Hello. I'm having a problem with the "warp" script. If I make a warp like this:

warp 0x03 0x19 0xFF
#raw 0x14 0x00 0x27 0x00

It ends up warping me to:

Route 7 (Which is 3.25)

Is this maybe because the warp command can not have double digits in it?

It's because it's in hex mind taking those "0x" off.. :)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 19, 2016
I own a mac and used wine to open pokescript, but I get "Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object". I've been looking for a pokemon script editor everywhere and this is the only program that does not close when i try to open it. I tried XSE but that doesn't work either. But can anyone help me with what i'm doing wrong?

Years
Hello guys names Tristin and I'm still trying to get in the hang of using this system. I'm in the middle of attempting to create my own hack. Although I have much to learn, I do know some basic scripting, but I do have questions.

There's a particular script that I'm looking for which is used in the Battle pike of the battle frontier. When you walk into a room, one of the sprites will have a duclops or a kirlia which will inflict a status condition on your team. The burn status in particular I'm looking for. Does anyone know that script or any of the status scripts.

The 2nd question I do have is trying to figure out why my fanfares won't work. When ever I attempt to set a tune via fanfare, it won't play but if i set it to sound it'll work. I would use the sound tag if it also had a waitfanfare equivalent to use with it. Other than that it kinda throws it off.

Back