• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

International Challenge Adventures!

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
So the International Challenge has started and quite a few folks from PC are participating (supposedly). How are your battles faring? THERE ARE TEAM SPOILERS, DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE POSSIBLE TEAMSETS POPPING UP. Place any warstories inside spoilers, please? :<

So far, I've got one win against someone I swear is afk and letting the timer do the moves for them.
My second opponent is using a team that is mostly flying types and his Garchomp is using Dragon Pulse... yeah.

Match 3
Spoiler:

Match 4
Spoiler:

Match 5
Spoiler:

Match 6
Spoiler:

Match 7
Spoiler:

Match 8
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Instead of posting info about each match, I'll just keep my score updated.

Currently 9-0

Videos:
54-24021-17989
61-27878-71168
88-74442-14856

One more win on this streak and I break 1600! >.>
Update: Broke 1600! I doubt that's very good to people who battle a lot more, though. >.<

Update: 1613 rating, and I think I'm done. I don't want to risk getting more disconnecters and being DQ'd. I want that Jaboca berry! :P I'm fairly happy with how my team did for my first serious attempt at GBU, and now I can only make it better for next time!

Last edited:

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
I was doing well at first. But now I cant win with a lick. think I only won 2 of my last 9 battle. Very mad about this

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years
I'm participating too. I'm winning many but I probably lost just as much as I won. 50%-50%. Not keeping track though. Thank you for this thread, it's fun to talk to people who are participating as well :P

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Just came across a person whose greeting is "What's your favorite SERVICE?" The sprite is a nurse and is from Italy... I donno what to think of this... except kinky?

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years
I hate it when people with good teams that give me a hard time beating them rage quit when I'm winning. Sore losers. Seriously... Players with awesome teams lose all my respect when they rage quit. Can't win? Forfeit.

EV's Scraggy is being a great help in this tournament. The exeggcute she traded to me is also helpful. Mac's Archen is now a big helpful Archeops - he traded me that Archen ages ago.

So far I haven't had any battles worth recording the video. And sharing it here :)

Just came across a person whose greeting is "What's your favorite SERVICE?" The sprite is a nurse and is from Italy... I donno what to think of this... except kinky?

Heheh, you should see mine! "Do you want to SWEET KISS?"

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Disconnectors are annoying to say the least. That's why the 1 hour ban on disconnectors were set in place, to keep them from doing any battles for a while and letting everyone else who's playing fairly to catch up on score (or try). Seriously, I think the ban should last longer, maybe 2 or 3 hours. 1 hour is easy to pass. You go grab lunch, come back and you can start playing again. If the ban was longer, you'd have to wait and wait and wait. Hard for the folks with spotty wifi though. But then this won't really hurt the normal players (even the ones with bad wifi) and it seriously cramps the playstyle of the people who disconnect every battle they lose.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Disconnectors are annoying to say the least. That's why the 1 hour ban on disconnectors were set in place, to keep them from doing any battles for a while and letting everyone else who's playing fairly to catch up on score (or try). Seriously, I think the ban should last longer, maybe 2 or 3 hours. 1 hour is easy to pass. You go grab lunch, come back and you can start playing again. If the ban was longer, you'd have to wait and wait and wait. Hard for the folks with spotty wifi though. But then this won't really hurt the normal players (even the ones with bad wifi) and it seriously cramps the playstyle of the people who disconnect every battle they lose.

I hope in Gen 6 disconnecting becomes the same as conceding the battle, so that the person can keep their win and record the video if they want. And remove the hour-ban. Let the disconnectors come back and get DQ'd sooner IMO.

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years
I'm quite annoyed at the quitters. I'm losing as many battles as the ones I win, but those #%&$#$& make my rating go down. I'm seriously just playing to improve my battling strategies and to win that delicious BP, because I'm losing hope of having a better rating than last time (I placed on #66 on the Winter VGCS).
My team is better this time.

Didn't they say that quitters might be banned from future tournaments?

I hope they do what Keiran said, because it's really unfair to those who are winning.

Anyways... Who else is tired of Heatrans, Cresselias and Hitmontops? xD

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Nintendo has no way of figuring out who is disconnecting though. I don't get why, because it's pretty obvious that someone who hops back to battle within 10 seconds isn't the one who disconnected. But there you have it, so they decided that the next best thing is to put timed-bans on battling. Graceful workaround, but the time-ban isn't severe enough to put disconnectors off.

I'm more or less done with the tourney too. Today, I lost at least 5 battles due to hax and pure unluckiness. My current score is just above 1500 and if I keep battling with my current luck, it'll probably drop below 1500.

Also... STOP USING FAKE OUT ON LUDICOLO! D:

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
I'm quite annoyed at the quitters. I'm losing as many battles as the ones I win, but those #%&$#$& make my rating go down. I'm seriously just playing to improve my battling strategies and to win that delicious BP, because I'm losing hope of having a better rating than last time (I placed on #66 on the Winter VGCS).
My team is better this time.

Didn't they say that quitters might be banned from future tournaments?

I hope they do what Keiran said, because it's really unfair to those who are winning.

Anyways... Who else is tired of Heatrans, Cresselias and Hitmontops? xD

I've only seen lots of Cresselias, and only a couple Hitmontops and 1 Heatran. I really dislike Cresselia. It's easy to shut down but its very bulky so it's like a huge roadblock that just sits there. Unless I choose to waste a -+0 Draco Meteor on it..

I complain about Cresselia being annoying, but seeing one usually means it's an easy win. xD

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years
Mine is a sun team and only have two attacks that are good against heatran (should have thought of that before). My Charizard is scarfed so he gets the flash fire boosts from my Heat Wave. Annoying. That boost plus the sun boost and stab knock out my Scrafty, which is quite bulky.

Cresselia is annoying because it takes a while to put it down.

And hitmontop is a major troll: haha, intimidate! haha, fake out! haha, wide guard (?)! haha, fighting gem close combat. I like to encore trap hitmontop with my whimsicott xD Although his intimidate doesn't hurt my team much.

Griffin, I was almost at 1700, but then I started losing some battles and the ones I was one turn away of winning quit on me. They ban should last longer for disconnecters - Three hours :badsmile:

Slowking

Live By The Creed
Years
first time i'm playing in a tournament, currently 4 victories (but i could have had a lot more if it weren't for those raging losers!) and 2 defeats (proud to say i've never disconnected, and not planning to :) )

i'm just trying this out to put my team to through a test, and learning new strategies (learnt a lot so far! )

anyways good luck to everyone!

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Is anyone else having problems battling people. Either the connection drops or so forth?

Nintendo has no way of figuring out who is disconnecting though. I don't get why, because it's pretty obvious that someone who hops back to battle within 10 seconds isn't the one who disconnected. But there you have it, so they decided that the next best thing is to put timed-bans on battling. Graceful workaround, but the time-ban isn't severe enough to put disconnectors off.

I'm more or less done with the tourney too. Today, I lost at least 5 battles due to hax and pure unluckiness. My current score is just above 1500 and if I keep battling with my current luck, it'll probably drop below 1500.

Also... STOP USING FAKE OUT ON LUDICOLO! D:

At least your is over 1500. I was barely above 1400 and losing to people that are 1350 or less D:<. I pulled out of the challenge my team is pi$s @$$ sh*t

Last edited:

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
It's one thing if your team is terrible, it's another if you keep losing by hax. Hax is part of the game, sure, but when you start to lose multiple battles because of criticals, it's time to put the game down before you snap your DS in half.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
It's one thing if your team is terrible, it's another if you keep losing by hax. Hax is part of the game, sure, but when you start to lose multiple battles because of criticals, it's time to put the game down before you snap your DS in half.

I was going to snap my game in half

Back