• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Kunzite Version!

Should I add 4th or 5th Generation Pokemon?

• Only 4th Generation Pokemon

Votes: 21 10.1%
  • Only 5th Generation Pokemon

Votes: 8 3.8%
  • Both

Votes: 148 71.2%
  • Neither

Votes: 31 14.9%

• Total voters

guitargodd97

Video Game Creator
Years
I am loving the looks of your starters. Unless that grass one turns into a dragon type down the line, I'm going for the sweet looking shark!

heyo

HEYO!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
i will be waiting for this particular hack to be finished.. its nice to see new pokemons in there.. good luck!

Thanks! :D

The fakemons are really good. I will download this when you would complete it.

Thank you! I'm unsure how long it'll be until then, however.

I am loving the looks of your starters. Unless that grass one turns into a dragon type down the line, I'm going for the sweet looking shark!

Unfortunately, the grass starter doesn't become a dragon, but thank you!

Anyways, progress for this week will be the music. I've made a few pieces with a trial for the DAW I use, so they're a pain in the bum to upload (if that makes sense). Thus, I've only uploaded one onto Youtube. It's an original theme that I plan on using for Southshore Town and maybe one more town. NOTE: The instruments will not sound the same in game; some instruments will even be changed due to the fact that they can't be used.

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Thanks! :D

Thank you! I'm unsure how long it'll be until then, however.

Unfortunately, the grass starter doesn't become a dragon, but thank you!

Anyways, progress for this week will be the music. I've made a few pieces with a trial for the DAW I use, so they're a pain in the bum to upload (if that makes sense). Thus, I've only uploaded one onto Youtube. It's an original theme that I plan on using for Southshore Town and maybe one more town. NOTE: The instruments will not sound the same in game; some instruments will even be changed due to the fact that they can't be used.

Awesome music! The sprite looks well done, unlike some ppl who know nothing bout shadowing.

Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2021
Will the other two starters be available to catch later in the story?
I have this thing... I always pick the fire starter. :P
And I really like how Gryferno looks, but I also like how the other two look as well.
I definitely look forward to this.
If I was more into rom hacking, I'd offer to help... But currently, I have no experience... Gonna go look at tuts later.

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
Everything could use a little work, such as the new tiles. I would suggest trying more separate colors for the trees and grass in order to separate them, as right now they look rather similar. Maybe darker green for the trees with less blue?

It's awesome that you're composing your own music, there's a couple things that I noticed though:

- the chordal structure sounds a little funky and muddled, and the chords on 2 and 4 (I'm assuming that's what they're on) should move instead of staying stagnant the entire time. Right now they sound kinda weird.
- The melody muddles into the background, I suggest turning down the background if possible to allow the melody to come out.
- The modal shift in the middle of the melody kinda ruins it for me. Try to keep it major or minor instead of changing
- I really like the break around 1:00, you could maybe even make that more intense
- STEEL DRUMS :3

All in all the music isn't bad, it has potential, but it definitely needs to be worked on. Feel free to VM/PM me for any ideas or advice you might want. Good Luck!

heyo

HEYO!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Will the other two starters be available to catch later in the story?
I have this thing... I always pick the fire starter. :P
And I really like how Gryferno looks, but I also like how the other two look as well.
I definitely look forward to this.
If I was more into rom hacking, I'd offer to help... But currently, I have no experience... Gonna go look at tuts later.

I actually did consider making the rest of the starters catchable; There's an island I plan on having the player go to at the end of the game, and I thought about placing them there.

And it's great that you're going to look at some tuts, rom hacking is fun. :)

New.. New... New hack... :D
goood :D

I couldn't think of a good reply that's not "thank you," so instead, you can have this!
Spoiler:

Everything could use a little work, such as the new tiles. I would suggest trying more separate colors for the trees and grass in order to separate them, as right now they look rather similar. Maybe darker green for the trees with less blue?

It's awesome that you're composing your own music, there's a couple things that I noticed though:

- the chordal structure sounds a little funky and muddled, and the chords on 2 and 4 (I'm assuming that's what they're on) should move instead of staying stagnant the entire time. Right now they sound kinda weird.
- The melody muddles into the background, I suggest turning down the background if possible to allow the melody to come out.
- The modal shift in the middle of the melody kinda ruins it for me. Try to keep it major or minor instead of changing
- I really like the break around 1:00, you could maybe even make that more intense
- STEEL DRUMS :3

All in all the music isn't bad, it has potential, but it definitely needs to be worked on. Feel free to VM/PM me for any ideas or advice you might want. Good Luck!

I can agree with your feedback. I'm actually starting to like the tiles less than I did before, so I'm probably going to scrap those and make new ones. I'll definitely be taking your advice for their color on the next ones, though.

As for the music, I could really use the ideas/advice; this is my first time composing. I'm using a demo for a program to make the music (which is probably my first problem), and while I was exporting the tracks separately and putting them into my video program, the dynamics were all messed up. That would probably explain why the background was too loud. I also don't know much about stuff like modal shift, haha, which I could probably easily get around to fixing.

Thank you very much for the advice, though! I really appreciate it. :)

Also, I've been working on a new piece; it's a little repetitive, however. It's the theme for a big city within a mountain (kind of like the Under from Pokemon Colosseum). I'll get it onto Youtube in a little while.

EDIT: I can't think of a good name for the region for some reason. If people could give me some ideas, I'll pick the best one and credit whoever thought of it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 12, 2017
i love this hack :D the tiles and everything. Plus the Jazul and Carojo Fakemon look great :p
btw for the region name, Maybe Nova or Fierce Region. :)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 8, 2023
How about the Colpria or Camizu region? You can spell them with a "K' if you wanna keep that theme, but I think the "C" would look better.

heyo

HEYO!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
i love this hack :D the tiles and everything. Plus the Jazul and Carojo Fakemon look great :p
btw for the region name, Maybe Nova or Fierce Region. :)

How about the Colpria or Camizu region? You can spell them with a "K' if you wanna keep that theme, but I think the "C" would look better.

Hm... I like all of those names... What about improvising by combining them, like Conovia? Volcamizu (nova made me think of volcanoes, ahaha)?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 8, 2023
Hm... I like all of those names... What about improvising by combining them, like Conovia? Volcamizu (nova made me think of volcanoes, ahaha)?

That would be fine, but I like Volcamizu better if you go with one of them. I tried to keep the names shorter (like all the others) without sounding like one of them (Unova). Now that I think about it, a region that starts with "K" might be a good idea but, again, I'll leave that up to you. Glad I could help! Also, I'd be interested in helping with the hack later on, because I really like where this project is going, but I'm not the most experienced programmer. I might look into it when I get some time (or just bored haha)

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
The hack looks good overall but I'd say maybe change the tiles so it will be graphically appealing that's all. And be sure to have great scripts in your hack a hack will never be good it has horrible scripts. :3

Eren Jaeger

Pianoist
Years
It's good. I'll wait for this, btw if you need any help on music hacking and sprite as well. I can help! DON'T ADD FAKE POKEMONS!

heyo

HEYO!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
That would be fine, but I like Volcamizu better if you go with one of them. I tried to keep the names shorter (like all the others) without sounding like one of them (Unova). Now that I think about it, a region that starts with "K" might be a good idea but, again, I'll leave that up to you. Glad I could help! Also, I'd be interested in helping with the hack later on, because I really like where this project is going, but I'm not the most experienced programmer. I might look into it when I get some time (or just bored haha)

I think that you're right about the region name being shorter. I also forgot that Unova has nova in it (I've never played Black or White
Spoiler:
). I saw someone think of the "Kochi" region online, does that sound good?
Also, I would love the help later, but I'm waiting until the summer before I get actual help (I don't have a lot of time to put into the game right now).

The hack looks good overall but I'd say maybe change the tiles so it will be graphically appealing that's all. And be sure to have great scripts in your hack a hack will never be good it has horrible scripts. :3

Thanks, and I can definitely agree with you. I really want the game to have a different look to it than the other games without straying too far from the originals, so yeah, I will need a good tileset. I'm also just okay at scripting, so I'll need help with it when I'm ready, but it'll be good when it's done.

It's good. I'll wait for this, btw if you need any help on music hacking and sprite as well. I can help! DON'T ADD FAKE POKEMONS!

I would love the help, but I'm not going to take any until this summer when I can put much more devotion into the hack. I'll keep you in mind, but I have been planning on adding fakemons....

But why?
Quite honestly, I can't see the problem with it. The sprites look awesome, they just need a moveset befitting of them, really.

With how great they look, I say full steam ahead with it! :)

I appreciate the compliments. :)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 8, 2023
Kochi has a weird feel to it and sounds kinda choppy. I can't think of any more region names atm but I'll come back to you with a few more, if you want. Also, the summer would be best for me anyways, and I knew you had said that before too haha.

heyo

HEYO!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Kochi has a weird feel to it and sounds kinda choppy. I can't think of any more region names atm but I'll come back to you with a few more, if you want. Also, the summer would be best for me anyways, and I knew you had said that before too haha.

I would love more ideas for region names. And I figured I had mentioned the summer enough times, haha.

Kolmar region? Kurana? Volcoria?

I like these; they're definitely added to the list of considered region names in my head.
I'm probably going to pick what I think the best ones and create a poll to see what other members of Pokecommunity think. It'll be like American Idol, except with region names, and no Randy Jackson.

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
I like these; they're definitely added to the list of considered region names in my head.
I'm probably going to pick what I think the best ones and create a poll to see what other members of Pokecommunity think. It'll be like American Idol, except with region names, and no Randy Jackson.

Ahaha, glad you liked them ! Keep up the great progress man :)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 8, 2023
I would love more ideas for region names. And I figured I had mentioned the summer enough times, haha.

I thought you would do that and was gonna suggest it haha. A few other options could be Kapix (can be said 2 different ways), Kyrozes, Kravu, and Kilaswag (see what I did there? :P)

Back