• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Moveset Speculations

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
GameFreak will most likely change the level-up movepool of some of the Pokemon in B2/W2.

Anyway, I think that Emboar should get Close Combat as a level-up move. Hammer Arm makes it even slower than it is, and Superpower forces it to switch or render its attacks weaker.

Years
I would love to see some moves that were previously TMs be available as Move Tutor moves. It would be a nice feature to give more potentially better movesets with some Pokemon.

I'd love to see Giga Drain, Dragon Pulse, Iron Tail, Dark Pulse and Drain Punch be among the moves included.

@SnowpointQuincy Flareon definitely needs an updated moveset to help with its stats. Right now, it only has Fire Fang and Flame Charge for physical STAB moves.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I think instead of Ampharos learning Electro Ball at level 33, it should be replaced entirely with Power Gem. Ampharos has pretty pitiful speed as it is, and Power Gem would just be just the right touch, not too powerful, but not too weak, either.

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
Years
FR/LG/E included the missing Gen I TMs as tutor moves, and Pt/HG/SS included the Gen III HM Dive as a tutor move. I could see a Gen V game including, say, Dark Pulse as a tutor move, which would have the side effect of making Deino/Zweilous actually usable.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Top of my list is Serperior. It should be able to know Body Slam, Extreme Speed and Psychic. Its current learnset is terribly limited.

But it's already fast, I don't think it really needs Extremespeed. :(

Anyway, I think that Emboar should get Close Combat as a level-up move. Hammer Arm makes it even slower than it is, and Superpower forces it to switch or render its attacks weaker.

Yes! Close Combat is an amazing attack and Superpower yeah... it could do so much better. It'd have greater potential than Sawk then imo!

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I'd like to see move tutors make a reappearance that teach moves that were previously learnable in Gen IV like the punches, Stealth Rock, Giga Drain, Drain Punch, Roost as a lot of them are illegal with the Dream World abilities. Also I think a few Pokémon could have moves added to their movesets, like Beedrill and Seaking being able to learn Drill Run or something.

Years
Beedril and Seaking with Drill Run would be awesome! But all I'm really asking for is for Emboar to learn Fire Punch. Ghastly can learn it and it isn't even a fire type... it doesn't even have hands. Emboar even says it used Fire Punch in it's pokedex description... no Fire Punch.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Well Flareon just screams for a better moveset but I can't see that happening, maybe they'll add a few moves in general but I don't think they'll specifically change any Pokémon.

Years
  • Seen May 22, 2012
It would be useful for Samurott to learn Earthquake. Like seriously it is the only fully evolved Water-type starter not to be able learn the move lol. >.>

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
If move tutors were added i would want to see multiple moves added
-Elemental punchs
-Elemental bites
-mostly stronger useful moves, not useless moves like icy wind or snore
Some moves i know would never be added like
-the strong starter moves( hydro cannon, frenzy plant, and blast burn) be added to the strong psuedo-legendary pokemon
( i know it would never happen, but still)

Years
  • Seen May 22, 2012
True that's weird... And since it's pure water that would make it a lot more useful in the game.
Mmmhmm yeh true. :) It would help make Samurott more viable to run physically inclined movesets imo. Samurott has a solid range of special attack options, though somewhat lacks moves from the physical side. :3

Samurott probably has potential to learn some Fighting-type moves as well. I always thought Brick Break would be viable, or if move tutors are implemented even Superpower. O.o

Years
I do see it happening actually, I mean with the climate change in Unova and stuff. The pokémon could have evolved a little, in a more realistic sense.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Mmmhmm yeh true. :) It would help make Samurott more viable to run physically inclined movesets imo. Samurott has a solid range of special attack options, though somewhat lacks moves from the physical side. :3

Samurott probably has potential to learn some Fighting-type moves as well. I always thought Brick Break would be viable, or if move tutors are implemented even Superpower. O.o

Yeah I was so disappointed at lack of fighting attacks. Give it Close Combat tbh, except that might be a little awkward considering it's an otter creature. OH WELL. If not defs Brick Break.

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
OMG, there are TONS of Pokemon that need better sets.

Let me start with starters:
Snivy - some non-grass moves, idk. Dragon Pulse, EQ, Rock Slide, ExtremeSpeed, perhaps? Dragon Dance and Sleep Powder would totally own.
Oshawott - It's movepool is so terrible >...<" I'd give it Ice Punch, EQ, Superpower/Close Combat. Same as Forever, I'm disappointed it doesn't have CC, it deffo should.
Tepig - more fighting moves! Arm Thrust is just so bad... I know it gets some moves from TMs, but that's not that I want, srsly. Mach Punch, plox!

Sawk/Throh - more non-Fighting moves in their learnsets. A priority would be neat as well. Elemental Punches would own as well.

Zorua and Zoroark - lvl up Sucker Punch, wider Physical moveset.

Woobat - Trick, Baton Pass. CM Passing, anyone?

Excadrill - Iron Head

Ice cream family, Klink family - wider movepools! Vanistuff can't do much even with better movepool but what they have is just crap tbh. Klink has a Dragon Dance+ move that is, unfortunately, useless, because it doesn't have the moveset to fit it. Rock Slide, EQ are must. I'd also give it Flare Blitz - it could spin so fast and cover in flames. Or Overheat at least?

Seismitoad - no Ice moves? Dafuq?

Elektross - Elemental Punches. It's special movepool is great, but it's Physical is disappointing, especially, if it can use coil.

Golett - same as Elektross - Elemental Punches. It also needs Bullet or Mach Punch and Drain Punch. Iron First abusing FTW!

Deino family - Dark Pulse and Sucker Punch in lvl up

Now, non-native monsters:

Flareon - Flare Blitz, base Attack just begs for it!

Lucario - Doom Desire. I wouldn't use that but it would be cool XD

Sunkern - Implosion, Suicide, 0% Acc SelfDestruct, whatever. I hate that Pokemon so much :3c

That's pretty all for now. When more Pokemon will be know I'll post my hopes. I didn't mention many Pokemon with terrible movesets, like Audino or Pidove, but that's because I don't really care about them.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
OMG, there are TONS of Pokemon that need better sets.

Sawk/Throh - more non-Fighting moves in their learnsets. A priority would be neat as well. Elemental Punches would own as well.

Seismitoad - no Ice moves? Dafuq?

Deino family - Dark Pulse and Sucker Punch in lvl up

! Hmmm, something like Mach Punch would be awesome on Sawk considering it's banded/scarfed anyway (maybe something like Ice Punch for flying types @ Scarf set, and Mach Punch @ Band set). Damnit I want this.

Aaand ice beam! Maybe?

Agreed w/ Dark Pulse but I don't really want a physical Hydreigon. :(

Years
I remember a time when there were a few Pokemon that would ONLY get certain TM's educated into the family through breeding.

Dig Krabby
Psychic Psyduck as examples

Hone Claws Eevee could be fun.
Just don't want to see Vacuum Wave on too many water Pokemon regardless of seeing it used by a Wailmer. On a few waters would be nice.

Shadow Sneak makes more sense on Dark types than Sucker Punch, but thats just me. Not like it matters when facing a Rattled.

What I most want is Hail on the storm Pranksters.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well, Hydreigon has 105 base Attack, so a mixed set would be neat.

Possibly but I'd rather like if it were possible to just have it full out special because that's where the power lies. XD; More of a thing with siding with power over priority though, could be useful against Latios etc though if it did have Sucker Punch. Hmmm.

Back