• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hoenn RéBURST [M] [IC]

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
Forrest Top - Attempt at Catching a Seedot

This Seedot had barely lost energy with absorb, as it is a Grass-type, rendering Sasuke's Absorb as Not Very Effective. He'll have to either try a different strategy, or use Absorb... a lot of times. But once more, his Pokeball is rendered useless, as this Seedot broke free once more...

273.png

~+~
Note: Go at your own pace! If you're not done with Chapter I, don't proceed yet!
Only advance thru chapters once you feel you're done with the current!

Hoenn RéBURST
Chapter II

Once everyone is done in Route 101, they shall move to the next place: Oldale Town, then they may head to the routes surrounding the small town...​

Oldale Town
Spoiler:

Oldale Town is a small town north of Littleroot. There is nothing interesting to do here, as there is only a couple of houses. There is a Pokemart and Pokemon Center, however, where all your Trainer needs can be fulfilled...

Wild Pokemon:
None

What you may, may not and must do:
-You may travel in Oldale Town
-You may have as many posts as you wish here
-You may interact with NPCs and RPers here​

Route 102
Spoiler:

West from Oldale Town you'll find another route that extends all the way to Petalburgh City. Over here you'll find quite the handful of beginning Trainers willing to pit their Pokemon in battle against everyone they see, so you might want to stay out of their sight...

Wild Pokemon:
Just mouse over to see the catch rates and rarities:​

263.png
261.png
270.png

280.png
287.png
283.png

-You must go through this Route
-You may catch the Pokemon you battle
-You may interact/fight with any NPCs or RPers
-You must end an attempt to catch a Pokémon with the throwing the Pokéball, I will decide whether you catch it or not.​

Route 103
Spoiler:

If you instead decide to go north of Oldale, you'll reach Route 103, a coaster route that connects to a place near Mauville City, but Surf is require to go there...

Wild Pokemon:

Just mouse over to see the catch rates and rarities...​

019.png
054.png
060.png

165.png
263.png
278.png

-You may not go across this Route if you don't wish too
-You may catch the Pokemon you battle
-You may interact/fight any NPCs or RPers
-You must end an attempt to catch a Pokémon with your character throwing the Pokéball, I will decide whether you catch it or not.​

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
@Vato Something tells me you're doing this on purpose. :p

Forrest's eye twitched slightly in anger. "Arceus.Damn.It." The anger in his voice was palpable. This Seedot better be worth it. "Sasuke, I don't care how. Just weaken it." He had never been this angry before. Even the quiet Treeko was annoyed. He had a brilliant idea, leapt up in the air, and kicked a tree branch. At first nothing happened and the Seedot began to laugh. A split second later, the branch cracked and came falling down on it, clearly dazing it. The green haired boy began to laugh with zealous rage. "YOU'RE MINE!" He threw his third and final pokeball at it and prayed to Arceus above that it would work.

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
Forrest Top - Attempt at Catching a Seedot

The capsule sealed Seedot... again. As Forrest stared at it, the Pokeball began to rock... slowly, like a door opening in terror movies. Once... The excitement grows around. Twice... Our imaginary audience begins to hold their breath, will he actually catch a Seedot? Thrice... He's about to catch it! This is frequently the part when it turns out the efforts were vain and our protagonist goes bananas. Will this be the case? Will he fail? Will he succeed? Will I stop taking so much of heretostay123's time?

Your answers to this and more, next week on another episode of The Kill Your Family Show CATCH A SEEDOT!

Just kidding, Seedot was caught, hooray and all that crap...
273.png

Lv.5
Early Bird
Tackle
Bide​

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
Years
Chapter 2 - Oldale Town

Satisfied with how training was going, Becky decided it was time to move on to the next town. The fact that she was soaking wet from the Rain Dance may have influenced that decision as well. She made a note to herself to invest in an umbrella. Hopefully they sold them in town.

The town was small and quiet, much like Littleroot, except sightly more advanced. They actually had a Pokemon Center and a Poke Mart, unlike the previous town. Her first order of business was the Pokemon Center, where she could heal up her team, and change into a dryer set of clothes. That is, assuming everything in her bag isn't wet.

She walked into the Center, and handed her two Poke Balls to the nurse, who gave her a strange look, but did her job without saying a word. While the Pokemon were being healed, Becky quickly changed clothes in the bathroom. They were still damp, but the sun would dry them out. She retrieved her Pokemon, thanked the nurse, and went on her way.

After buying a couple of Potions and Poke Balls, and learning that they do not in fact sell umbrellas, Becky left the Poke Mart. Her business in this town was over, as there was never very much to do in the first place. However, she began to wonder something. How has she not run into any other of the chosen trainers? There is only one path in and out of Littleroot, so she must have passed by at least one of them. Was she just so focused on her own journey that she didn't notice the other people? Or was it a case of wrong place, wrong time?

If she was going to meet some of them, this would be the best opportunity. Trainers would stand out pretty easily, because of the small size of this town. And surely all of them would pass through at some point. But at the same time, she didn't want to wait around this quiet little town when she could keep moving on with her journey. That was her dilemma. Should she wait until she met up with the others or just keep on moving?

In the end, she decided to wait it out in front of the Pokemon Center for a little while. If nobody showed up, then she would just continue on her way. She felt lonely standing by herself though, so she let both Bayou and Duster out to keep her company.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
"THANK ARCEUS AND ALL THAT IS GOOD!" (OOC: I love the Kill Your Family Show!) Forrest and Sasuke started to dance around in joy. They had caught their biggest adversary yet...a Seedot. "WOOOOOOOOOO!!!" Forrest had never been so emotional in his life. He picked up Sasuke and swung him around in circles. "WE DID IT BUDDY! WE VANQUISHED THE FOUL BEAST!" The happinesss was contagious, so Sasuke was laughing almost as maniacally as the usually quiet ninja. "Now...I need a name that is equal to something unbeatable...I know! Communism!(No. That's heinous.) Tank!" That was perfect. Tank the Seedot. With his prize in hand, Forrest jumped back into the trees and leapt from branch to branch until he reached Oldale Town, which he leapt to the first roof. He entered the Pokemon Center and handed his pokemon to the nurse, then walked back outside to see a pokemon trainer. He didn't want to start a conversation, so he would wait till she did.

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
Years
While watching her Pokemon acting silly, Becky noticed the Center door open. A teenage boy, who was probably younger than her, but still looked older than she did, walked out of the building. It was a bit odd, because she could have sworn that no one had entered since she was out there. She didn't think too hard on it though.

He seemed like the quiet type,the kind who never speaks unless spoken to. If there was going to be any form of conversation, she had to be the one to instigate it. "Hello," she began. "You're a new trainer, right? Like, one chosen by the professor, I mean."

danaxe

I long for kyurem powerz
Years
He didn't go to May's. Chillacy went straight on to route 101, passing by the town skip,in witch he found 5 empty pokeballs. After picking them up, he finally exited littleroot town.

Route 101 was a strange place, and even stranger when he found out he was being sent into his first battle,... against a seedot.

V.S SEEDOT
''O.K Walrashap use powder snow now'',as flakes of sub zero snow started coming out of his mouth.

The wild Seedot counter-attacked with tackle, sending Walrashap flying.

'' Now use aqua ring to heal the damage, and I'll finish this with a pokeball.''

Chillacy flung the pokeball.

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
Chillacy Seath - Attempt at Catching a Seedot

Hey kids! Welcome to another episode of The Kill Your Family Show CATCH A SEEDOT!

IN 3-D!!!!!​

Today, we have a Trainer named Chillacy attempting to do the impossible: catching a Seedot! In 3-D! After hitting the acorn-like Pokemon with the Pokeball, it slowly began to rock in the floor. Once, oh no! Look at this! Seedot broke free in 3-D! Chillacy will have to weaken it more if he wants to catch that Seedot in3-D!

273.png

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Forrest was actually surprised when the girl spoke to him. Most people just chose to ignore him. She asked if he was one of the trainers that Birch had chosen, and he nodded yes. "Yes. I am Forrest Topp." A second later, the nurse came out and handed him his pokeballs. "Thank you nurse." He bowed in curtousy, then released Sasuke, Benedict, and Tank. "These are my pokemon, Sasuke, Benedict, and Tank." The other two were giving Tank a look that could kill, but he just smiled and ran around in circles. "I am from Fortree City. Who, and where are you from?"

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
Years
"Nice to meet you, Forrest." She greeted. He seemed like a nice person, which was good because he appeared a bit sketchy. "I'm Becky Banks, from Dewford Town, and these two are my Pokemon, Bayou and Duster. I'm a new trainer as well." She held out her hand for a handshake. "Hey, have you seen any other trainers around here? I've probably gone by them without noticing."

Bayou walked up and greeted the other Pokemon energetically. He seemed to get along well with the Seedot, who was also running around happily. Duster just stared at them suspiciously. It was harder for him to move as a cocoon. If he could, he would probably go over and play with them as well. He couldn't wait until he evolved.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Forrest smiled as the Mudkip started to chase Tank around. He shook Becky's hand. She seemed to be a likable girl. "Nice to meet you Becky. As a matter of fact I have. Their Slugma almost knocked me out of a tree. Have you?"

Benedict joined in with the other two pokemon and ran around with them. Sasuke mearly stood next to Forrest with his arms crossed. He was still a little upset about the elusivness of Tank. He glanced at the cocoon pokemon across from him. He couldn't tell if it was a Silcoon or Cascoon.

danaxe

I long for kyurem powerz
Years
''why did this have to happen to meeeeee!''
''So use powder snow again to hit it even harder''

see-seedot the wild pokemon said as it started to charge towards walrashap.

''ok powder snow one last time and i'll throw a pokeball 1 last time''
another batch of sub-zero flakes started comin out of walrashap's eyes, as chillacy flung the pokeball.

he hoped it would work.

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
Years
Becky shrugged. "Like I said, I haven't noticed any around Route 101, and so far you're the only one I've seen here." She glanced towards the entrance to Route 102. "Perhaps they have all gone ahead of us? I'm sure that there were some behind me since there were Poke Balls left over, but they might be late, or sick, or something like that." She wasn't quite sure what else to say, and the route was beckoning to her. She decided that she might as well end the conversation, and move ahead.

"Sorry to cut the conversation short and all, but I've finished my business here and I'd like to get going." She returned her Pokemon back to their balls. "It was nice meeting you though, I'm glad I'm not the only one out here." She smiled. "Well, I'm off for now. I'll probably see you again later, and maybe I'll run into some other trainers too! See ya!" She waved goodbye, then turned towards Route 102, and made her way forwards. She probably could have asked him to travel with her, but he looked like more of a loner. Besides, she wanted to continue at her own pace, and that's exactly what she was going to do.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Naren Warren

Naren looked curiously at her new Pokemon as they left the lab, Pokeballs and various items unceremoniously stuffed into the tiny bag she had stuffed with her. Note to self, when she could find one for her pants, get a belt for her Pokeballs. Her Pikachu looked back, looking completely not amused by today's turn of events. Heck he hadn't been expecting cool, awesome person, but this person's idea of appearance, heck even personality, were just lame. Sad thing was, she probably knew that.

Seemed there was no choice then. He had no choice but to make her amazing and because he was the best thing since Pokeblocks and the Pokemon League, he would of course, do this. So the nameless 'chu gave her a look of a raised eyebrow, the general way of saying "what?" in all languages.

The young teen frowned miserably, practically wilting where she stood. It figured. Stupid and hopelessly cowardly. Would the wonders never cease?. "Jes'... wonderin' if yeh' wanted a name..." The Pikachu let out a "chu" of annoyed inquisition before nodding. Naren chewed her lip. "Ehm... I was thinkin' of... Zeus...." She trailed off, looking contrite. The Pikachu thought about it. Zeus was some god somewhere... heheh, him, a god? Sounded good to him. He nodded, causing a small, eager smile to rise to her face. "Then... less' go okay?" Another nod and the two of them went onto the first route. Or in Naren's case, back onto the first route.

"Is so quiet..." Naren mumbled as they walked, first word slurring horribly. Zeus shrugged. Yeah maybe to her human ears. He could hear every little scratch on the dirt. Though he was a Pikachu... There was a particularly loud scratching not too far away, causing Zeus to growl in that direction. "Whassa matter..."

Zeus didn't reply, merely leaped irritably toward a rustling patch of grass. Now that she looked at it, there was a soft white aura coming in contact with the pale red of her Zeus. The squeaky roar was followed by two blurs rolling out of the taller foliage into view. Her Pikachu was gnawing on a paw of a Zigzagoon, who abruptly knocked him off before growling angrily at the offending mouse.

The Pikachu crossed his stubby arms and glared. "Did you just growl at me, punk?" He smirked. "Me? God on PokeEarth?"

The Zigzagoon snorted. "God of morons yeah." Zeus scoffed and squeaked irritably at his trainer. Naren, who had been observing this curiously, went over. Then her brain caught on. This was a Pokemon battle. Gosh for someone who was so good with the fellas, she sure was slow at this.

She glanced at her Pokedex entry for Pikachu and nodded to herself. She had to get her head in the game. Zeus needed her. "All-ight..." she said softly. "Zeus, um... Doubleslap." Thankfully her quiet voice was audible to the Pikachu, who snorted and charged forward toward the Zigzagoon.

"Eat tail!" he ordered, spinning onto his back legs to smack the raccoon over and over. Zigzagoon chomped on the offending object, causing Zeus to yowl with rage. "I didn't mean literally! Fry!" He released a bright Thundershock, which, having been released from his tail, this naturally hurt.

"Shake 'em off!" Naren ordered quickly. She had found her groove, at least a little. Despite that, Zeus scowled from pain and irritation.

"WHADDAYA THINK I'M TRYIN' TO DO?" he squeaked in anger at her.

Naren frowned, not understanding this at all. However, seeing how angry he was made it... very easy to guess. "Use Doubleslap!"

Zeus groaned. "With this nutjob on my tail? What are you... oh." The Zigzagoon's beady black eyes widened as Zeus planted all four paws on the ground and proceeded to smack his tail back and forth against the ground. After a few well done smacks, the Normal type crawled away, letting go. But of course, the stubborn little nut, he proceeded to ram Zeus into the nearby tree.

"How do you like me now?" it yowled, only to see Zeus smirk in pain. His cheeks sparked with fury as he whispered.

"This is for my tail dipwad." Electricity proceeded to explode, albeit weakened by the tree.

Naren sighed a little. At least there's one thing I know he'll do... She pulled out a Pokeball and enlarged it. Then she threw, hoping to catch the little critter and apologize.

Khawill

<3
Years
Sara decided that she needed a break, and decided it was lunch time. She put down her backpack and looked for a sandwich. As she ate she began thinking to herself, I wonder if I'm late, no there's no way I am. I wonder what a his lab looks like, and what my first pokemon will be. She ignored a growl from the tall grass nearby and continued to eat. The growling grew louder, as if it was moving closer and closer. Sara sighed and looked up.
There was a zigzagoon glaring at her, she began to get excited, "Hey you look like a normal type!" She cheered, excited at the thought of catching her first pokemon. "I bet you'd love to go with me huh!" she jumped at it with the intent of hugging it. The pokemon on the other hand took it as an act of aggression, and tackled her at the same time. "Ow! What'd you do that for huh?" The zigzagoon growled and showed it's teeth. "You looking for a fight? You clearly don't know how many pokemon I've had to fight before." She got in a stance, she wasn't sure if fighting a pokemon was a way to catch it but this was more self-defense now.
The zigzagoon began to charge, this time at full speed. It caught Sara off guard knocking her off her feet. She managed to roll over and stand just before a second charge. This time Sara braced herself and took the second tackle, It isn't that big so there is no way I can strike back at it without hurting it. She kept blocking the tackles, she could feel her arms getting tired. I know! I can try to subdue it in a hold, that way it won't me and I won't hurt it. She waited for the next tackle, sidestepped and grabbed the zigzagoon firmly between her arms.
The zigzagoon struggled for about an hour before they both tired out. The zigzagoon stopped moving and eventually calmed down. "Do you want some food? I think I have some berries Norman gave me in my bag." She released the pokemon and got out a bag of blue berries, "I'm not sure what kind these are but they sound like the region I'm from!" The zigzagoon sniffed the berries and cautiously started to eat them, Sara began to pet the pokemon as it ate. The zigzagoon became startled but ignored her and enjoyed the free treat. "I know! Maybe I can catch you in a ball!" She ran to her pack and looked for the pokeball Norman gave her. She waited for the pokemon to eat and came up to it. She began to speak out loud, "How does this thing work? Do I just throw it?" She looked at the ball and saw the button on the front, "Oh maybe if this touches the pokemon it will capture them!" She held it up to the zigzagoon and let it sniff it, then she touched it to the pokemon's forehead.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years

Elizabeth "Eli" Anderson, Geoff Bates, Isla Van Tricht & Lily Blackstar - Oldale Town
Eli:
D1RXr.png
3htUK.png

Geoff and Isla sat in the lobby with their healed Pokémon and met up with Eli, who was just returning with hers. Isla caught herself staring at Eli as the latter walked up, but not before she noticed that Geoff had been staring just as long, if not longer. She ignored it for the time being and spoke before anyone else could, an attempt at preventing Eli from noticing the mindless gazing.

"Seems like we are all set," Isla started. "I may go ask around town for a bit and find out if there is anything I can learn about the Pokémon here, maybe even check in with the Pokémart for some supplies." Geoff, in his being a guy and noticing when girls are acting strange, figured Isla was up to something with such a snappy response. Why was she trying to leave so quickly? "You can keep me company if you want," she added.

Eli didn't have a problem joining her; she needed to pick up more Pokéballs, since she'd already used two to get only a second teammate. Geoff was surprised about Eli's decision, but he tagged along anyways. Scarlett followed along, carefully watching the others' Pokémon. Bandit bounced along, and was debating nipping at Isla's and Eli's heels (and maybe Geoff's leg again), just because he was a bit of a jerk, and not quite used to humans yet.

As Lily reached the town she hurried over to the Pokémon center, passing by some trainers who were just leaving. The girl recognized them as trainers as they were the only ones with Pokémon by their side in the whole town. Lily reached the Pokémon center in no time. She stepped through the automatic door and entered the building, walking straight to the nurse there and after greeting her, gave the nurse her Pokémon to get treated. Since she had to wait a bit Lily decided to go outside and have a look around until her Pokémon were healed, maybe pick up some supplies. Nurse Joy was more than willing to give her a small buzzer to tell her when she could pick up her Pokémon.

Geoff waited for Eli and Isla to finish getting some new things; he didn't need to buy anything. He could've, but he'd already packed plenty before he even came here, and had only used up the one pokéball to catch Bandit. Eli stocked up on extras while she had the chance. A few potions couldn't hurt, either. Isla stocked up on a couple of Pokéballs, Potions, and Antidotes and such--after all, the middle of nowhere would be a terrible place to suffer a serious injury or status ailment.

Before they'd left the Pokémart, Eli picked up a drink from the vending machine for herself, and another for Isla and Geoff. Thanks was given while Eli thought of how Oldale's Pokémart had fairly less stock than Fortree's. Since it was likely none of them had any trainer-battling experience, Eli brought up the idea of a three-way battle in the open space dead center of Oldale Town. Everyone was up for it, and the Pokémon were far from objecting.

As Lily ended up in front of the Pokémart, she found herself facing the trainers from before as they left with their hands full of supplies. The girl entered into the shop and in minutes finished buying all that she needed: Some Potions and Antidotes. Lily was about to return to the Pokémon Center when she spotted the same trainers she had passed by earlier. They had eager looks on their faces and seemed to be itching to start something. All that Lily could say was that they were restless. They all had Pokéballs and Pokémon at the ready, but a three-way battle seemed abnormal. Lily couldn't help herself but be curious so she went closer to the group of teenagers and asked them if they are preparing for a battle.

Answering first was Eli, "That's about right. What's your name?"

"Lily."

"Nice to meet you; I'm Geoff," the taller boy answered. Isla and Eli also introduced themselves.

"Do you mind if I battled, too?"

"No problem," Eli replied. "We could have a tag battle. Two on two, one Pokémon each."

"Awesome! Just let me pick up my Pokémon from Nurse Joy and I'll be right back!"

The group didn't have to wait long for the girl. In a matter of moments, Lily had returned, Pokéballs in hand. Isla had already snatched up Eli for a teammate, so Geoff teamed up with Lily, everyone taking a place in the center of town. Once everyone was ready, they all threw up a Pokéball and called out their names--except for Geoff, whose Pokémon were almost always outside their Pokéballs. Bandit, his Poochyena, charged onto the soon-to-be battlefield before he could even tell who to go. Geoff blinked several times in surprise. "Alright, then. You're up, Bandit."

"Vex, let's get this started."

"We can't let them win, now can we? Knight, come out!" she said, calling her new Ralts out.

"Brotad, come on out!"

Four corners; a Ralts and Poochyena on one side, with a Vulpix and Lotad on the other. "Opposites attract, huh?" Isla thought as she looked at the teams. She was starting to be grateful these thoughts popped up in her head before she said them. Remembering they just started a battle, Isla yelled out, "Brotad, use Astonish!" The little Bro did as commanded, rushing at Lily's Ralts with its stubby legs.

Geoff used Rest. Zzzzzzzzz. Geoff used Snore. Snore turned into Mass Hypnosis! All the girls fell asleep on his lap. Geoff dies young with no regrets.

Geoff was the next to bark orders. "Bandit, Bite that Lotad!"

"Ember!" Eli called. Once Bandit took off toward Brotad, Vex fired off a blast of flames at the Poochyena, only for it to get interrupted by Knight's Confusion. Knight quickly launched the ball of fire back at the Vulpix, but that only powered up Vex's abilities. Meanwhile, Bandit sank its glowing teeth into the poor Brotad.

"Try it again, Knight!" Lily commanded. The Ralts picked up Brotad, Bandit still baring his teeth in the Lotad's flesh, then threw the pair at Vex, who promptly ran out of the way. With Brotad and Bandit skidding on Oldale's fresh-cut grass, the latter finally let his Bite go before both stood back up again. "You're not supposed to hurt Geoff's Pokémon; he's on our side!" Knight, having a tinge of guilt on his head, went directly for Vex this time, who was controlling ghostly white flames around her body.

"Hex!" her trainer yelled, but before it could happen Bandit slammed into the Vulpix's side, Brotad dogpiling on and rolling everyone over. Seeing the stubby, leaf-headed Lotad stumbling over the canine and fox Pokémon nearly made Lily fall over laughing. No one could suppress their laughter at the sight. Even Scarlett rolled around laughing, setting fire to small patches of grass as she did so. Geoff hurried over, stamped out the flames, and moved back to the battlefield.

Brotad rolled to the side, and faced the opposing Ralts, who was standing there mocking all three other participants. At his trainer's behest, the ever-eager Lotad charged at Knight with a ghostly aura, slamming into it head-to-head while it was distracted. With Vex and Bandit recovering, the former managed to pull off a Hex to take Ralts out before it could get back up. Needless to say, it was super effective, though Bandit managed to get his little fangs around Vex's tails.

Vex, in response, started running around frantically, trying to get the beast off of her back end. Get off get off get off get off! she screamed, the simplistic cries of her own species' name echoing in everyone's ears like they could read the poor Vulpix's thoughts. Regardless, Geoff wouldn't stop laughing as both his and Eli's Pokémon were slamming into everything solid, one trying to dislodge the other from its fur. The bashing only ended when both finally fell unconscious, bruises all over their bodies due to attacking the trees, buildings and Oldale Town sign.

In the end, Brotad was the only one remaining. He was utterly satisfied, even unbelieving that he was actually the winner. That said, he returned to his trainer's side in the slowest, most awesome walk possible for his stumpy little legs. The trainer in question had been hugging Eli in her excitement over winning their first trainer battle. She managed to catch herself and let go after a few seconds, but it was far too late to take back the hug. Isla blushed furiously from having hugged a cute guy she'd just met, and Eli blushed from having been hugged but that didn't stop Isla from thinking Eli was even cuter and more huggable, both turning away from each other to get their Pokémon. Geoff was jealous that Isla got to hug the cute guy and he didn't, but he disguised the envy while he and Lily retrieved their own Pokémon.

Last edited:

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
Jerome passed by a few trainers battling with their pokemon as he walked through route 101 toward Littleroot town. He glanced at some female trainer that was younger than him throwing a Pokeball at a Vulpix. Her Skitty had wounded the Vulpix, but the fire type still had some fight it seemed. Jerome didn't stop to see if the Pokemon was caught since it wasn't any of his business. He was heading to meet Professor Birch to complete a task the Professor had given him with the promise of a small amount og money which Jerome desperately needed.

Walking into the small town, Jerome looked around to catch his bearing and quickly spotted the lab which was larger than all the other buildings in the town. He then walked the most direct route toward the Lab. An old lady who was walking in the opposite direction pasted by him and muttered to herself, "Another spoiled brat going to the professor for a free pokemon. Back in my day…" Jerome glanced at her for a second a bit confused, but he quickly realized today must be one of those "see the professor to start your adventure days." 'Great I hope I don't have to wait in line to get my paycheck,' thought Jerome as he approached the green single glass panel reinforced door. Opening the door Jerome was relieved not to see a crowd of kids waiting for their Pokemon. After he stepped inside the research lab it was clear he was the only visitor there and the professor was in the back engrossed with something on a computer screen. Seeing the white lab coat wearing man, Jerome started walking him as he pulled out the small satchel and made sure everything was in there.

Hearing Jerome approach, the Professor said over his shoulder, "I'll be with you in a minute with your Pokemon… just need to finish this first..."
Jerome continued forward while saying, "I'm not here for a Pokemon… I've got those notes and pictures you wanted." He then tossed a bag with a camera and some sloppy written notes in it on the table next to Birch, whose eyes quickly darted up to look at Jerome.

Smiling the Professor stood up and offered his hand to Jerome while saying, "Welcome! Sorry today I helped out some new trainers by giving them their pokemon, thought you were another new trainer."

Jerome smiled and took the Professor's hand while saying, "It's not a problem. I hope I got what you were looking for. I'm good at getting to the spots you wanted me to go, but it took me the longest time to figure out your camera. Then getting a shot was not easy either."

The Professor picked up the bag, glanced at the notes then picked up the camera and started glancing through the pictures with mixed expressions. "Well most of these pictures are no good, but you seem to have gotten lucky a few times as well… Some of this is really useful. However your hand writing and spelling is horrendous. I might be able to read some of this… Overall though, much of this will be valuable to my research. Let me go get your payment then." The Professor then stood up and went to a large book case off to their right and pulled out several books revealing a hidden safe which he began to open. He pulled out more than the money he had offered Jerome for the job and walked over to the teenager and offered him several Pokeballs as well.

Jerome instantly looked uncomfortable at the sight of the Pokeballs and he said, "Professor no offense, but I have no interest in being a trainer… I'll just stick to my lifestyle of enthusiastic walks through the woods and mountain climbing."

Birch looked at Jerome and said, "Why do you not want to be a trainer? A Pokemon can help get you out of trouble or save your life if something goes wrong. Plus they are great company."

Jerome looked at the balls and muttered, "I don't want any company… I don't want to be responsible for anything else. I don't like being responsible for something else since then my actions might hurt someone other than myself."
Birch shook his head and said, "Please take this Torchic… I can't trust him to any new aspiring trainer. He is stubborn and independent… and just goes to his own beat. I think he is a lot like you, and so you two would be a perfect match."

Jerome looked Birch in the eyes and said, "Can't you find someone else I don't want this… I don't want to be a caretaker of anything else no matter how independent it is."

Birch walked up and put the Pokeballs in Jerome's hands and said, "I think you're ready… I have no idea why you're afraid of this, but I just have one of those gut feelings this is the right decision. Anyway if you don't take this Pokemon I'm not paying you since taking care of it is now part of your job." The Professor winked at Jerome with a teasing tone in his voice as he lifted his hand away from Jerome's leaving the one Torchic's Pokeball and along with some empty ones in Jerome's hand as well as his money.

Jerome did not look happy as he stared at the Pokeballs for a few seconds. Sighing Jerome turned and left, but before he made it to the door he heard Birch yell at him, "Wait you'll need one of these." Turning around Jerome saw Birch toss something to him that he barely caught with his free hand. Before Jerome could voice his disapproval of the method of delivery Birch said, "It's an old Pokedex… it might help you on your adventure, but like I said it is old. I ran out of the newer ones, but that one still works. Just might not have all the information the newer ones have." Jerome's frown grew and he forced out a thanks before walking out the door before the professor forced anything else on him.

Stepping outside Jerome put all the inactive Pokeballs in his right pocket before putting away his money. Sighing he looked at the last Pokeball, which contained the Torchic, in his hand before hitting the button on the front causing it to click open and release its prisoner in a bright flash of light. A small red and yellow feather covered Pokemon was left sitting on the ground after the flash. The Torchic looked up at Jerome for a second before suddenly starting to roll around in the dirt for no apparent reason for about a minute. "Well are you going to do that all day or can we get a move…" said Jerome while lifting an eyebrow at the crazy looking bird, but his thought was interrupted by the Torchic suddenly standing up and then charging off in a random direction with its tiny wings stretched out as far as they can go.
Jerome chased the fire pokemon around little root for 30 minutes before it headed off toward route 101. The fire type finally stopped after finding a pair of roosting Pidgeys on a bush. Trotting up to the bush the Torchic made a chirping sound that woke up one of the Pidgeys, who just looked down at the Torchic passively. The Torchic then proceeded to climb (the best it could) up the bush and stood on a branch close to the two flying types after several failed climbing attempts. Jerome stood about 20 feet away watching the whole encounter wondering what the heck the Torchic was doing. The Torchic continued to chirp until the Pidgeys flew off to get away from the flightless fire bird that was trying to talk to them. Watching them fly away the Torchic seemed a little sad, but it quickly recovered and hopped off the bush and trotted past Jerome.

All of a sudden a female trainer with short pig tails came running up to Jerome and said, "Hey! Hey! I want to battle your Torchic!" Before Jerome could respond the girl, who looked to be 13 years old, released her pokemon, who she had named Puddles. The Lotad looked at the uninterested Torchic with a determined look as the trainer yelled from Puddles to use water gun. The Lotad spat a stream of water that blasted the Torchic, who had been pecking the dirt and ignoring the world around it. "Mr. you sure are slow… I think I'm going to beat you easily" said the girl with a grin.

"Well I never accepted to battle in the first place," muttered Jerome as he turned on his Pokedex since he had no idea what his Pokemon was capable of. He was scrambling to figure out what his Pokemon was capable of so he could direct his Pokemon to do something to defend itself with. Meanwhile his Torchic was shaking off its wet feathers and he looked rather angry with suddenly getting wet.

"Hit it again!" yelled the girl excited that she was winning. The Lotad prepared another water gun attack as the Torchic suddenly sped up as it used Agility to increase its speed, but instead of attacking it ran away. The Lotad then unleashed the water gun but the distance created by the Torchic gave the chick Pokemon enough time to dodge the attack. The Lotad tried hitting the Torchic a few more times but the chick Pokemon was too far and too fast to get a good shot on. The Torchic meanwhile was weaving around sporadically while releasing a faintly yellow gas from his mouth.

Jerome stepped away from the growing cloud of poisonous gas as he finally got the Pokedex to tell him about Torchics and how they are warm to hug. "That is wonderful information for a battle… now what can he do," muttered Jerome in frustration as he tried to figure out how to display his Pokemon's moves on the screen.

Meanwhile the girl said, "Move in closer! I have antidotes to cure you of you get poisoned… get that Torchic, Puddles!" The Lotad nodded and then moved inward the Torchic. As charged toward the Torchic it unleashed a water gun attack, hitting the fire type a second time. By this time the Lotad was in the middle of the cloud of fumes that was making it cough and choke, but it was close enough to ensure another direct hit on the Torchic. As the Lotad prepared another water gun, the battered Torchic developed what could almost be described as an evil smirk on its face. The girl had just pulled out an antidote when the Torchic spat out a small ball of flame toward the Lotad. The flame was pathetic, but that quickly changed… when it touched the cloud of fumes it instantly erupted into a very short lived, but intense flame as the fumes were ignited by the flame.

Both the girl and Jerome's eyes grew huge as the Lotad was enveloped by flames then a second later was standing in the middle of a dark cloud of smoke gasping for breath and whimpering in pain. The worse part of this attack was that the flames had ignited some the fumes that the Lotad had inhaled and thus the flames had burned the inside of the Lotad's throat and mouth. The Torchic charged forward at the shocked Lotad at a high speed. The Torchic quickly closed the gap and hopped on top of the Lotad before the grass and water type could open its blistering eyes. The Lotad had no time to recover from the Torchic's fume and flame based ambush, as the bird dug its claws into the Lotad's lilypad then unleashed a ruthless barrage of point blank fireballs into the back of the creature's head. The assault ended when the girl recalled Puddles with a worried look on her eyes.
"Um… well I guess he won," said Jerome staring at his Torchic.

"Mr., you win I don't think I want to keep battling your Torchic… have a good day," said the girl as she turned and scampered away, afraid for her Puddles.

The Torchic sat down and was breathing heavily as it tried to recover from its duel. Jerome took a second then walked over to him and said, "Well that was impressive… but you do look a little beat up and I'm suppose to take care of you so let's get you to a PokeCenter." As Jerome presented the Pokeball to recall his Pokemon the Torchic spit a fire ball at the man's hand, barely missing the Pokeball. Jerome jumped back in surprise then said, "Ok I get it… no Pokeball so you want to stay out I can respect that," said Jerome pocketing the Pokeball. He then motioned in the direction of the Pokecenter, but the Torchic just sat there staring at him. Sighing Jerome leaned down and tried to pick up the Torchic, but instead the Torchic hopped away from him and looked at Jerome threateningly. "Ok fine... now what?" muttered Jerome a little frustrated at his Torchic. He stared at the Torchic for a minute before standing up and with a shrug started walking away toward Oldale.

The Torchic looked around for a second then followed after Jerome with a confident look on his face. Soon the Torchic was leading Jerome as if he was the boss. Jerome was letting the Torchic do this for now, but he would need to find a way to make sure he was in charge in the near future.

Last edited:

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
Chillacy Seath - Attempt at Catching a Seedot

In previous chapters of Yu-Gi-Oh! CATCH A SEEDOT!
(DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DURURURUH!)

Chillacy had yet again attempted at catching a Seedot, weakening it with Powder Snow, after he threw his Pokeball, the acorn was sealed inside once more... and the Pokeball began rocking once more... Once, Twice... Oh no! The Pokemon break free!

It may be caught if you throw another Pokeball... or if you use this Kuriboh card (the fate of the world depends on it!):

Pixels_Back_of_a_Yugioh_Card_by_Penalty_Game.png

273.png

Naren Warren - Attempt at Catching a Zigzagoon

That's what the furry guy gets for growling at a God! As Naren threw the Pokeball, Zigzagoon was quickly concealed by the light, eventually vanishing as the capsule hit the floor and began shaking. After a while, it was obvious: Zigzagoon had been caught!

263.png

Lv. 9
Pick Up
Tackle
Growl
Tail Whip
Headbutt​

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
(OOC: Do I detect a Yugioh Abridged reference? "Screw the rules I have money.")

"Alright. See you later." Forrest was happy that there was someone who wasn't out to get him in the world, but at the same time he was sad to see a friendly person go. He leapt up to the slick roof of the Pokemon Center, taking care not to fall off. He returned all three of his pokemon, for he wanted to be alone for the time being.

He leapt nimbly from roof to roof, then recognized the Pokemart's ugly blue roof. He quickly leapt down through the window, picked five pokeballs up, then left the correct change: one thousand dollars. He leapt back out the window and continued his favorite form of transportation. He finally arrived on Route 102. He stood on a tree with his arms crossed. "Time for me to deal some damage." He murmered to himself.

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
Years
Chapter 2 - Route 102

Shortly after entering the route, Becky was suddenly faced with a confrontation.

"Your Poochyena ate my lunch!"

"Liar! My little Poochy would never do such a thing!"

There were two kids, around ten years old, who were quarreling near the route's entrance. One was a boy, holding an empty lunch box. The other was a girl, holding a Poochyena in her arms. Neither looked like they would stop any time soon. Becky decided to step in.

"Alright, what seems to be the problem here?" She stepped towards them, trying to mediate the fight.

The boy spoke up first. "Julie's Poochyena just ate my lunch! I saw it!"

"No, he did not!" The girl protested. "Tom's just making things up again!" Her Poochyena barked in agreement.

"Are you sure it was her Poochyena?" She questioned Tom. "You could have seen a wild one instead."

"No, it was definitely Poochy! It had the stupid pink collar and everything!"

"It's not stupid, it's cute!"

"It is stupid!"

"You're stupid!"

"Shut up, both of you!" Becky snapped. The two were silent, intimidated by her sudden rage. She noticed this, and tried to regain her composure. "Look, is this really such a big deal? I have some food in my bag, so if you're hungry you can have some of that, okay?" Tom stared at his feet and mumbled.

"And you," She turned to Julie. "Are you completely sure your Poochy didn't do it? Can you say so with absolute certainty?" Julie looked down at her Poochyena. "W-Well, not really. For a little while, I wasn't paying attention to her. But it was such a short time! And she's an angel, there's no way she could do that..." Her Poochyena whined, looking guilty.

Becky sighed. "Look, nobody's perfect. We all make mistakes, even Poochy. So let's stop all of this silly fighting. Cheer up, okay? How about a Pokemon battle? Those are fun."

"But I don't have any Pokemon..." Tom frowned.

"Hey lady, can I challenge you?" Julie asked. "You're a trainer, right?"

"Sure, of course you can." She smiled. "You've probably had Poochy longer than I've had mine though."

"I'm not that good at battling though. Momma thinks it's not proper for a young lady."

"So what?" Becky scoffed. "You don't have to be proper. Just do what you want to do. Why should you let her decide what's right for you? I never listened to my mother, and I think I turned out just fine." She smiled, feeling proud of herself. "Anyways, this'll be good battle practice for the both of us! I've never fought another trainer before."

Julie seemed excited. "Okay! Let's do it!" Poochy leaped out of her arms, barking in agreement.

"Well, I can see she's ready to go." Becky giggled. She pulled out a sandwich from her backpack and tossed it to Tom. "Here, have this. I was saving it for later, but I can just get something in Petalburg. Hope you like PB&J!" He smiled. "Thanks, lady! You're cool."

"Please, call me Becky!" She took out a Poke Ball. "Now let's go, Bayou!" The Mudkip emerged from the ball with his signature goofy grin. "I'll let you go first, Julie."

"Alright! Poochy use Tackle!" The Poochyena barked and ran straight into Bayou. He fell over from the attack, but got back up ready to go. "Use Water Gun, Bayou!" Becky called. He squirted a bunch of water right at Poochy's face. She shook it off easily.

"Hmm, try using Sand-Attack!" Julie said. Poochy turned around and kicked up the dirt into Bayou's face. He coughed and had a hard time seeing. "Get her back with a Mud Slap!" He did the same thing and tossed dirt at Poochy's face as well. Now both Pokemon had trouble seeing.

"That's no good! Use Tackle on him!" The Poochyena charged towards where she thought he was, but ended up tripping over a rock. "Here's our chance, use Water Gun!" Bayou shot water at Poochy, but it ended up going over her and hitting a tree. This was obviously getting nowhere fast. It was time for a new plan.

"Hey Julie, you wouldn't happen to have an umbrella, do you?" Becky asked hopefully. She just look confused. "No, why would I? It's a sunny day today." Becky glanced around the route. "Well, you probably want to hide under that tree over there. You too, Tom. Just trust me."

Once everyone was situated underneath a tree, Becky called out to her Pokemon. "Okay Bayou, you can use Rain Dance now!" He smiled and began to hop around like he usually did. Almost instantly, storm clouds began to gather over the battlefield, and began pouring rain. The rain water washed out the dirt from the Pokemon's eyes, and they were in prime condition to fight again.

"Alright! Now Poochy, use Bite!" Poochy chomped on Bayou's tail fin. He began to freak out and run around the field, with Poochy staying clamped on his tail. "Shake her off, shake her off!" Becky shouted. Eventually, after much flailing, he managed to get her off his tail. "Great! Now use your Water Gun!" Tired, but still fighting, Bayou shot a powerful blast of water that directly hit Poochy. It was too much for her, and she fell over fainted.

As quickly as it arrived, the rain soon let up, allowing the people to emerge from their shelter under the trees. "You did great, Bayou." Becky congratulated him. "Time for a good rest." He returned back to his Poke Ball. Julie picked up the fainted Poochyena. "You did good too, Poochy." She smiled. "We didn't win, but it was still fun being in a real battle."

Shortly after the battle, they went their separate ways. Tom and Julie walked back to their homes in Petalburg, and Becky stayed in the Route, deciding to do a bit more training, and perhaps even catch another Pokemon. Still, seeing the kids happily on their way home warmed her heart, and put her in a really good mood.

Back