• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
HAHAHA YOU FOOLS. THE WORLD WILL END AND YOU WILL BE TAKEN FROM THIS EARTH... UNLESS YOU ATTEND BATTLE CENTER'S COMMUNITY DAY TOMORROW.

sry i had to.

But yes I'm kind of crazy as y'all should expect. :3;

I survived so expect me at Community Day tomorrow.

My first real event that isn't a Get-Together, so I'm looking forward to this! I might plan on hosting an event at a future Get-Together if I'm lucky.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Oh I forgot Community Day is tomorrow. I was gonna sign up for that. Since Australia's safe I will be able to. lol.

Years
Oh I forgot Community Day is tomorrow. I was gonna sign up for that. Since Australia's safe I will be able to. lol.

You heard it right bro, I made it out unscathed.

Community Day will now be the next big thing to happen, and everyone gets an emblem for participating!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Nah you don't need to sign up, just come along to the server on the day (or any day, really!)

:)

Years
Nah you don't need to sign up, just come along to the server on the day (or any day, really!)

:)

Yeah, and the link to the server is right there in her signature if you can't find it.

I'm waiting for when the doomsayers will be proven wrong... again.

Treecko

Years
I'll try to make it though I have no knowledge at competitive battling. Plus Bulbagarden has a Christmas themed tournament the same day around the same time so I may be busy with that. I could easily get elimintaed from that though since I haven't prepped the team I was given.

Years
I'll try to make it though I have no knowledge at competitive battling. Plus Bulbagarden has a Christmas themed tournament the same day around the same time so I may be busy with that. I could easily get elimintaed from that though since I haven't prepped the team I was given.

You can just chat and still get the emblem for participation.

And I see you're using the Kouzan name on BMGf too.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Don't worry, it's just for fun :) We can teach you how to improve and stuff at a later point, after Comm Day!

Treecko

Years
You can just chat and still get the emblem for participation.

And I see you're using the Kouzan name on BMGf too.
Yeah that's pretty much where I first started using it.

Don't worry, it's just for fun :) We can teach you how to improve and stuff at a later point, after Comm Day!

Alright then, I'll try to make once I'm not tied up with the Bulbagarden tournament.
it's not that I don't love you guys, i just signed up for BMGf's first

Years
OK guys, I have the results in of the apocalypse outcome...

THERE WAS NO APOCALYPSE.

Yeah, take that doomsayers... wrong again!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Alright then, I'll try to make once I'm not tied up with the Bulbagarden tournament.
it's not that I don't love you guys, i just signed up for BMGf's first

Yayyy okay :) It goes all day for America, just keep that in mind!
And yes unfortunately I slightly believed the 11:11 thing lool. ;( I believe anything really.

Treecko

Years
Yeah it was supposed to happen 5:11am my time and it's now 5:30am here.

So I'm still alive and this song is relevant now:

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
That always happens right? Those sadistic people who are pro-apocalypse, how many times have they predicted the world would end?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Maaany?

Actually tbh I'm sad for those who might've killed themselves thinking it would be the end ;( I hope there isn't any but I really doubt that.

Squidchan

The Lady Cthulhu
Years
I was going to post something along those lines, but I didn't want to bring the mood down. Considering there was a girl that killed herself over the experiments at the LHC, and how they could potentially destroy the world, we would be lucky if there were none this time around.

Can we blame doom sayers and the media for these deaths, I wonder?

Treecko

Years
Yeah I heard that people were planing to commit suicide cause they actually believed it.

That's just sad that people would take their lives cause of a phony prophecy.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
It's not really the media's fault, given they're taking it very light-heartedly (at least here), with smiles on their faces. For serious things they just... don't. I'm not sure why someone in the media WOULD actually make it come across seriously as that's not ethically right (or allowed in the law, unless it's for certain, iirc from my media law and ethics book). ;(

The Internet and word of mouth is definitely the most problematic thing of all, though. That's what's causing the hype which is kind of greatly irritating, considering how easy it is to spread fake information around the Internet, while in the actual media, stuff like that needs to be treated a certain way. The media knows if they definitely report on the end of the world as in "the end", then they'll just be causing mass hysteria, and possible suicides. It just can't be done that way. Anyone taking the media's messages about this seriously should really... think about their lives.

Still, if it helps, I'm going into journalism soon (if I can get a job when I start looking soon :x) and I wouldn't report something like that seriously, but yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back