• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What animes/manga are you guys into right now

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
Years
I'm currently watching:
Sword Art Online
Code: Breaker
Persona 4: The Animation
All of the Yu-Gi-Oh's, even Zexal

Planning on watching:
Naruto
Bleach
Full Metal Alchemist
Fairy Tail
Accel World

Manga
Yu-Gi-Oh!'s GX, 5D's and Zexal. Haven't read any of the original Yugioh books.
Pokemon Special mangas.. duh.
Code: Breaker.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
I'm watching Sword Art Online and Sakurasou No Pet Kanojo.

And for Manga I'm currently reading Beelzebub and Naruto.

Nes-One

Another Person Into Pokemon
Years
I've recently reading Tokyo ESP, Sora no Otosimono, and Rosario Vampire Season II. The only anime I can say that I've been watching after a couple of weeks cause I like episodes to pile up a bit is Sword Art Online. I got the chance to watch the two episodes of Initial D 5th Stage.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
Anime:
Ongoing:
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure - I've read the manga previously, and didn't really like part 1, but I think that they did a really good job with this one, as I find it more interesting than the manga
Magi - I've also read the manga previously, so I know what to expect. I'm glad they are rushing the beginning as it would be a waste rushing the Balbadd arc later on.
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun - Another case where I read the manga first haha. I'm loving it so far.
Sword Art Online - I don't like it, but I like watching it and laughing at it.
K - I don't know why I'm watching this, but since people say it got better, I continued watching, and the first 4 episodes were IMO terrible
Psycho Pass - Only two episodes into it, so I can't say much. Not that fond of it, but since it's Urobuchi Gen we're talking about, it will get better. I hope.
Chuunibyou demo koi ga ****ai - Improvement over Hyouka, but kinda retarded.

Finished:
GaoGaiGar Final - 3episodes left. Wonder why they added boobies, since this was supposed to be kid friendly. Episode 2 is my favorite so far. Manly shouting, manly tears.
Heavy Metal L-Gaim - 3episodes in. Third episode was really random, but I liked that type of humour.
Cyborg 009 (2001) - 12 episodes in. My first Shotaro Ishinomori TV series. I've only seen the 009 movie from 1966. and it was okay, unintentionally funny, but okay.

Manga:
Appleseed - Finished volume one. Nothing much happened, and I find it kinda funny how one longer chapter is full with action, and the next short one is full with philosophy and sociology.
Princess Knight - ~20 chapters in. My third Tezuka manga, and I'm slowly getting into his designs which kinda look like Popeye meets Mickey Mouse.
Sakigake!! Otokojuku - 54 chapters in. I've previously seen the show, so this is all familiar since it was direct adaptation. Thankfully I'm in the last arc the anime covered.
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 2: Battle Tendency - 13 chapters in. A bit different than the first part, and I'm still in the introduction part.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
I'm watching One Piece and...just that. Was watching Monster till a while ago when I realized it was taking up a little too much time outta my busy life. Also, Serial Experiments Lain. That show was freaky. I watched like six episodes before I went "I'll have to watch this later when I'm free. This is too much for me for now."

Keeping up with One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail and Beelzebub. Finished Katekyo Hitman Reborn! a while ago. Monster too. Monster was awesome.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Well, aside from the obvious (Pokemon), I actually watch Digimon, Bleach, Naruto, Elfen Lied, FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood, YuGiOh, Kissxsis, Burn Up!, Soul Eater, and I'm looking into getting Hetalia and Rosario Vampire.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I've been watching Ixion Saga DT and I honestly have no idea why, it's awful and so fixated on... balls.

Pvt Tamama

Chii!
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2012
just finished sgt frog
now i'm watching Chobits which is really good! I usually don't like clamps manga to anime's but i like chobits a lot :D

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Huh? No love for Hajime no Ippo or Major? Well I suppose I'll be the first.

I'm currently rewatching both of them. I'm a person who doesn't enjoy anime, but these two were definitely an exception. Though I suppose being a boxer and someone who enjoys baseball plays a factor here. :P But honestly, I've never been into an anime like this before.

Well, I did used to watch Detective Conan and finished Persona 4 The Animation recently. The former does drag on way too much so I stopped, and the latter I ended up getting the game which is a much more enjoyable experience.

Jung

Sica please.
Years
reading a bunch of mangas/manwhas. Recently caught up with "Girls of the Wild", this manwha is so good and finished KHR. *_* I basically read the main mangas, Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Medaka Box, Breaker : New Waves, and HSD.

As for anime, at the moment watching One piece, started from episode 1 like in September, slowly taking my time and watching it. Lastly, my new love, Horizon on the middle of nowhere, or Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon. Honda Futayo <3

ahmet476

standing around
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2014
Recently finished watching Bleach. About to finish Dragon Ball original series right now. Reading Naruto only currently.

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
Watched Digimon Xros Wars this summer. It was really amazing, and I am thoroughly impressed. They said that it was aimed at younger audiences, but that turned out to be a rumor, and I was shocked, and satisfied at the amount of suggestive themes in it. Every anime needs a few suggestive themes. If only the American dubs didn't ruin them.

Nes-One

Another Person Into Pokemon
Years
I actually started reading Girls of the Wild about a week or two ago, I didn't really expect much from it when I started it. Has anyone read Kongou Banchou or Denpa Kyoushi ?

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
None, currently. Anyone recommend any? favorite anime by far is Death note.

My most favorite anime of all time has to be Kekkaishi, so if you haven't watched it, I highly recommend it. If you have, I recommend reading the manga, since it offers a continuation to the story.

Autistic Lucario

Life is too short not to enjoy
Years
Hetalia! o3o

It has one of the best concepts for an anime IMO; making fun of world history using characters which represent the countries of the world.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Ouran High School Host Club! It's one that I've only finish watching recently but I really loved it, it's such a great anime. I know it's really cheesy and not the best quality dialogue, but I find it hilarious and the characters are really lovable. It's great how the show is formatted and how each episode tends to give you a little more depth about a certain character and it's just basically a great anime in general. Also Arcana Famiglia but I've watched that about 3 times now in the past few months so I'm not sure that counts any more haha.

Back