• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What did you think?

servine101

hatched, evolved egg
Years
What did you think about Pokemon B/W when you First got it?
I thought it was epic :D
this is my first thread... :D

.Skylight.

Through & Beyond
Years
It was certainly a good treat since the last game I played was F/R. The game play is amazing and the graphics and fabulous. The one thing I'm currently loving is the camera angle when leaving and entering building, especially from the sides. I'm loving Castelia City, it's huge and with all of the people walking down the streets makes it that much more realistic.

That bridge, the Skyarrow bridge, I love it. It is extremely long, but it catches a breath taking view of the Castelia skyline. As good as the effects are in this game, the automatic walking around curves seems to be my favorite. I'm still exploring the game so I have not seen everything the game offers just yet.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
It was a huge change graphically.I really liked the camera angles.Its story line was also different due the dark aspect that it had.A few new pokemon were a little if-fy for me but all in all a good game.

Valvatorez

Prinny Instructor
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
My first impressions of this...were not positive. I didn't get a second Pokemon in my party until I was almost to the second Gym; the selection along the earlier routes was horrendously restricted, and I was not going to use that horrible elemental monkey either. I thought things looked nicer, but it didn't really count for much with me. I got very bored, and it took me a long time to really get into it. I started to warm up to it once I started to build my team up, but it took far longer than it has with any other Pokemon game; for a while I thought I was going to go through the entire game with just my starter...which, interesting as that might have been, would have sapped the fun out of catching and training a new variety. All the fifth gen Pokemon I liked were on later routes, so it was a bit of a struggle for me initially.

Stasis

Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
My reception to Pokemon Black/White was positive. Right away, I noticed the enhanced graphics and sprites. New Pokemon is always a plus. It's come a long way visually since the original Pokemon Red and Blue. The only thing I don't like about Black/White is the lack of cooperative Wi-Fi play. My friend and I cannot team up over Wi-Fi and take on the Battle Subway/Pokemon World Tournament/Other people/ANYTHING from our long distance (it's only for people who are close by each other), so that's a let down. But overall, the game is great!

Last edited:
Years
I think Black & White were such awesome games. The graphics, new Pokemon, strategies and story really kept me hooked.

There wasn't anything I particularly hated which was good.

Years
When I first got it, I went in with an open mind knowing that the game was going to be quite different from some of the previous generations (especially no past Pokemon until post-Elite Four). I was actually quite happy with how much I liked the game, and how in a way, it felt like some of the first games I played, since everything was brand new.

One of the things that I really liked about the game was all of the different camera angles, especially when you get to places like the Skyarrow Bridge and Castelia City. It just shows how far the games have come along technologically since the days of Red and Blue.

Pinta77

I'm pretty content with it. It was fairly impressive, some of the pokemon were cool, (some weren't) but ya.

Back