• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

.parado✗

paranormal user
Years
Only for the german firered on board.romresources.net
But you can easily do it in 3 Steps.
1: Take Amplifier, open the name changer and export the item/pokemon/whatever list.

2:Open Excel or Openoffice and change all letters except the first of each line. In both there is a function for it.

3: Import the list with amplifier and click "patch".

Then you are finished!

itman

Back to ROM hacking. :D
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014
Hi, does anyone know of a Fire Red patch with full decapitalisation (one that includes the scripts)?

Thank you.

Look in the Rom Hacking Resources thread, I'm pretty sure somebody posted one a while ago. But doing it yourself doesn't take as long as you would think.

YAPE to decapitalize the pokemon names.
Download "Move Editor" which has an option to decapitalize all the moves for you.
A-text for things such as "RUN" and "FIGHT"
Item editors can easily do the items.
This way you can modify it without the possibility of your work being messed up...

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2013
Hey all, my friend and I both use emulators to play fire red. They have macs and their speed up maxes out around 200% while my pc version and almost touch 1000%. Is there a way to allow there's to be as fast as mine? What causes the difference?

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2019
I have a quick question, when I use overworld editor to import my Raichu sprite and I checked import sprite and import pallet, but after import my imported Raichu colour are diffrent with my original Raichu sprite, for example : before
attachment.php

After:
attachment.php

Can everyone say with me what happen is this? I already checked import pallet but why same pallet is not same of my Raichu?

Thanks.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I have a quick question, when I use overworld editor to import my Raichu sprite and I checked import sprite and import pallet, but after import my imported Raichu colour are diffrent with my original Raichu sprite, for example : before
attachment.php

After:
attachment.php

Can everyone say with me what happen is this? I already checked import pallet but why same pallet is not same of my Raichu?

Thanks.
I don't exactly know what are you asking but if you are asking why the OW changes when you import the original Raichu it's because you're importing Raichu without the new pallete.
You don't have many palletes, though so I would be careful with importing palletes

Skara

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
Years
OK, I want to import overworld sprites for some 5th Gen Pokemon into a FireRed rom. How do I do it? I have Overworld Editor but I run into all sorts of problems.
I also need to know how to replace a trainer sprite?

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2014
I'm having problems with Advanced Text. I can't delete text from the game. So far all attempts at it have just led to the text being removed from Advanced Text but still being ingame. So, how do I properly delete text? Do I just remove all the text from one of those files things(like "Rival 1") instead of deleting the file? Or would that cause a blank textbox to appear ingame?

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2017
So, I'm using the JPAN Hacked Engine for Fire Red. Mainly, because I need to use his Runtime Trainer Customization function. I kinda figured out how it works through the .doc, but I have a problem with the way it works. I used the Overworld Editor - Rebirth Edition to edit the basic hero sprites (hero standing and hero walking). I figured that by the time I use my Runtime Trainer Customization script, I still don't have my Running Shoes, Bike, VS Seeker or Fishing Rod, so why change those sprites. I wanted to use the first command (Setvar 0x4054) to change my walking/standing Hero to the original look. I would change the look of a random NPC to that of the original Hero, so that when I use the 'Setvar 0x4054' command, my hero would have the original look again. To pre-test it, I just used the 'Setvar 0x4054'-command on a random NPC. I gave myself the Running Shoes, to see how it would look. When I went outside and ran, I didn't get the old Hero look though, it was the random NPC 'gliding'. No running animation, just the basic standing sprite moving through the screen.

How can I get it to work that I start the game with my 'new' Hero look, then have the command change my appearance, so that the rest of the game I look like the old/normal Hero?

itman

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014
So, I'm using the JPAN Hacked Engine for Fire Red. Mainly, because I need to use his Runtime Trainer Customization function. I kinda figured out how it works through the .doc, but I have a problem with the way it works. I used the Overworld Editor - Rebirth Edition to edit the basic hero sprites (hero standing and hero walking). I figured that by the time I use my Runtime Trainer Customization script, I still don't have my Running Shoes, Bike, VS Seeker or Fishing Rod, so why change those sprites. I wanted to use the first command (Setvar 0x4054) to change my walking/standing Hero to the original look. I would change the look of a random NPC to that of the original Hero, so that when I use the 'Setvar 0x4054' command, my hero would have the original look again. To pre-test it, I just used the 'Setvar 0x4054'-command on a random NPC. I gave myself the Running Shoes, to see how it would look. When I went outside and ran, I didn't get the old Hero look though, it was the random NPC 'gliding'. No running animation, just the basic standing sprite moving through the screen.

How can I get it to work that I start the game with my 'new' Hero look, then have the command change my appearance, so that the rest of the game I look like the old/normal Hero?

Two ways you could do this. (Second is better)

One would be to make the "original" hero (OW #0) you're edited hero so you start out with it automatically, and then change it to the normal one when you want.

Second, if you want to keep hero #0 the original OW (for reasons such as when you're naming your character, this is the one that shows up, etc...actualy this option is better), make the first map you go to a black screen that covers the player (Edit one of the tiles in any palette to include a black tile that isn't a background). Then make a level script in that black map that will setvar 0x4054 0x0 and then warp you to your original starting map, and then continue from there.

Since JPAN's hack doesn't work with Start Map Chooser Advance, I would just Map 4.1 (starting map) the black map, and then just edit the map that was there to another one (CTRL + right click for grosser block so you can completely copy the old map).

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2017
Two ways you could do this. (Second is better)

One would be to make the "original" hero (OW #0) you're edited hero so you start out with it automatically, and then change it to the normal one when you want.

Second, if you want to keep hero #0 the original OW (for reasons such as when you're naming your character, this is the one that shows up, etc...actualy this option is better), make the first map you go to a black screen that covers the player (Edit one of the tiles in any palette to include a black tile that isn't a background). Then make a level script in that black map that will setvar 0x4054 0x0 and then warp you to your original starting map, and then continue from there.

Since JPAN's hack doesn't work with Start Map Chooser Advance, I would just Map 4.1 (starting map) the black map, and then just edit the map that was there to another one (CTRL + right click for grosser block so you can completely copy the old map).

I tried the first way, but that caused the problem of my Hero 'gliding' after using setvar. The running sprites didn't copy, since (when you use Overworld Editor you'll see it very well) most OW-sprites don't have the running animation programmed. The second way could work, I kinda thought of that (the use the script before anything else-method), but didn't really knew how. Using black tiles seems like a good idea.

And SMCA doesn't work with JPAN's hack, but I already knew which map was going to be the starter map, so I first used SMCA, thén JPAN's hack. Seems to work.

I'll try your method, I'll let you know if it worked.

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2019
I don't exactly know what are you asking but if you are asking why the OW changes when you import the original Raichu it's because you're importing Raichu without the new pallete.
You don't have many palletes, though so I would be careful with importing palletes.

After I import the original Raichu to my rom, it's became the after Raichu at my rom, I wonder is the Rom missing some palletes? If it I can add palletes to the Rom?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english, Thanks.

itman

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014
After I import the original Raichu to my rom, it's became the after Raichu at my rom, I wonder is the Rom missing some palletes? If it I can add palletes to the Rom?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english, Thanks.

Use NSE (the older version).
Import the palette and the not the image.
Go to Edit>Palette and look at the first color (top left).
Change that to the background color and change the background color wherever that is with the color you just replaced (example, if 0000 was in the top left, and the intended background is C439, swap the two wherever they may be. So the first color would be C439 and the old C439 becomes 0000).
Export the blank image with that palette.
Open that up in paint.
Post your Raichu in it.
Then re import.

BY THE WAY if you are using Windows 7, the new paint does NOT support indexed images. If you want to know how to put the old version of paint on your computer, ask me (since it's impossible to do any of this with Windows 7 paint).

itman

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014
If I patch the hacked engine to my almost fully edited rom, will anything terrible happen?

Just use the tool included and pick the space it wants you to use. That's what it was made for.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
If I patch the hacked engine to my almost fully edited rom, will anything terrible happen?
No, nothing horrible will happen the only thing that will happen is all the old scripts from FireRed will be gone but, as for everything else nothing bad will happen... :) But, you may be using the old scripts so it's best to keep a backup of your Rom. Just In Case you don't like the result... :)

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2017
Is there a good Hex editing for Pokemon Fire Red tutorial out there? Want to get it all figured out.

I remember reading a post here which explained perfectly how to use pointers in Hex Editor (changing 900000 to 00 00 90 08 or something like that for example).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back