• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Whats the best free message board hoster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoWood

貴族のキケロ
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 27, 2012
I dunno if thi is spam but, I want to find a free message board hoster. Goliathboards looked good. I think they're like proboards?

How about Invision, I'm not that good with all the coding though.

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
Years
Look at Invision, phpBB, and SMFF and see which appeals to you the best.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
Years
Do you want to install the software on free hosting or get a ready-made board?

If you're after software, the new project from the creators of YabbSE, Simple Machines, is very good. www.simplemachines.org (My forums use it, you can see it in action at the website)

Invisionfree tends to be pretty good for beginners who don't want to install their own: www.invisionfree.com

samu

hard like whiplash
Years
I use invisionfree, since im not too familiar with things and how to set up a real invisionboard and such~

it works pretty good, IMO!

thelastmen

Master of Dragons
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 23, 2005
like imakuni says clicdev is the best they got rpg and shops.

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
Years
Hoster? Oh... this should go in webbies then really.

I prefer to get a free account and host yourself... then you have full access to FTP and stuff.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2009
Your best and easiest option would be to use a free forum provider. You could try Forumotion.com. They provide free IPB 1.3 and phpBB hosting with unlimited storage and unlimited bandwidth.

I have had experience with them and I think they are pretty good as there are a quite a lot of skins and modifications available and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back