• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulUrchin

Imma Spriter wanna be... meh.
Years
Hey, just posting to tell you that your game is awesome.

I really enjoyed playing through it and seeing quite a few cameos from the manga and Anime.

So... eh, keep up the good work. And if you need any new members for your project I might just join up.

Years
  • Seen Sep 13, 2022
Great game so far. I've just passed the forest at the beginning (searched a long time to find its exit !!) but I have one question : how do pokemon like haunter evolve since there is no exchange possible ?

Y2A_Alkis

Been there since day 1.
Years
So, I played for 5 ingame hours (being in Caitla Port and having to get some herbs for the captain) now (at least it says so) and I don't know if you know this already or if they're worked on, but a few things caught my eye:
Spoiler:

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
Years
What I really like though, is the diversity of pokemon you encounter and of course the story as well as the guest appearances of so many known characters. :D

First and foremost, thanks for the time spent writing this list! I'm glad you enjoyed those elements in the game! ^^
The variety is necessary so that the player can acquire all existent Pokémon.

Alright, let's see this part-by-part.

So, I played for 5 ingame hours (being in Caitla Port and having to get some herbs for the captain) now (at least it says so) and I don't know if you know this already or if they're worked on, but a few things caught my eye:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Sep 13, 2022
Well I searched the whole thread (to be honest I used ctrl-f and "evo" , except for the first page) to find information about evolutions of pokemons that usually requires trade, but I could'nt find anything... Do they simply evolve by levelling-up or do they not evolve ?
I'm asking this because of the (dumb) trainer that wants to trade a haunter for a rattata.

And please excuse me for my bad english

D. Lawride

Years
I'm really loving the screenshots, I'll download this later!

Thanks! I hope you enjoy the game!

Well I searched the whole thread (to be honest I used ctrl-f and "evo" , except for the first page) to find information about evolutions of pokemons that usually requires trade, but I could'nt find anything... Do they simply evolve by levelling-up or do they not evolve ?
I'm asking this because of the (dumb) trainer that wants to trade a haunter for a rattata.

And please excuse me for my bad english

Ahem, yes, for now they don't evolve at all. Later on, when we've planned that part, we'll allow to either evolve via level up or some sort of item. For now, though, Pokémon that require trade to evolve don't evolve. I might rectify this in 1.6.0.

Also, I'm aware of that trade, but it won't be there in future versions.

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2020
So far what I see from this... the whole game, is ok. I like the weather, day/night changes. I wish it was clearer, but there again most other games I've played wasn't. 640 screen on laptop is most pleasing to the eye, instead of staring into a tiny 320 screen, but it still looks a little blocky.

Another thing is uncatchable pokemon... I ran into a few wimpy bugs that were uncatchable. For example fritetinite I think was, a lvl. 3 was uncatchable, but later on I caught a lvl. 5 with no problem (1 pokeball). Another one was a Lvl. 4 bulbasoar... same problem. And it seemed like the great ball I had didn't even help.O,and I accidentally teleported out of the "base and couldn't get back in... especially when I wanted to explore a little more :-(. So over all, it's the best I've played... oh and it you add a pokedex, I.E. find location of the species of pokemon that would be awesome.!! that's all I have.

D. Lawride

Years
So far what I see from this... the whole game, is ok. I like the weather, day/night changes. I wish it was clearer, but there again most other games I've played wasn't. 640 screen on laptop is most pleasing to the eye, instead of staring into a tiny 320 screen, but it still looks a little blocky.

Another thing is uncatchable pokemon... I ran into a few wimpy bugs that were uncatchable. For example fritetinite I think was, a lvl. 3 was uncatchable, but later on I caught a lvl. 5 with no problem (1 pokeball). Another one was a Lvl. 4 bulbasoar... same problem. And it seemed like the great ball I had didn't even help.O,and I accidentally teleported out of the "base and couldn't get back in... especially when I wanted to explore a little more :-(. So over all, it's the best I've played... oh and it you add a pokedex, I.E. find location of the species of pokemon that would be awesome.!! that's all I have.

Thanks; though I think the fact that you couldn't catch them was more of a luck issue rather than a bug; it's happened to me in the official games too xD

I know, but you'll be returning to the base sometime later in the game,Mao no worries; you'll be able to explore all want by then xD

As for the Pokedex, we're working towards that; there are just some things needing modifications before that can be done.

So, once again, thanks!

Years
Even with version 1.5.2 patch, i still cant get past the first rival battle
EDIT: I started a new game and i think it fixed the problem, but now its saying it can't find 'initialize'IF/debuglog.txt

Last edited:

D. Lawride

Years
Even with version 1.5.2 patch, i still cant get past the first rival battle
EDIT: I started a new game and i think it fixed the problem, but now its saying it can't find 'initialize'IF/debuglog.txt

Hm, I'm going to take a guess and say that you weren't using the right base. For it to work correctly, you need to use the 1.5.0 base and only then apply the 1.5.2 patch to it. You can find both downloads here: http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_fangames on the game's section of the table (around the fourth line or so).

D. Lawride

Years
why is nothing happening after the guy in the lucario suit talks to me?

In which location? The Forest?

If so, then that's a bug that was present in previous versions, but was fixed in 1.5.2. I know the solution is somewhat repetitive, but that's most likely the reason why such bugs occur. I'd advise checking the ReadMe file included with each patch to make sure your version is the most recent one.

Years
In which location? The Forest?

If so, then that's a bug that was present in previous versions, but was fixed in 1.5.2. I know the solution is somewhat repetitive, but that's most likely the reason why such bugs occur. I'd advise checking the ReadMe file included with each patch to make sure your version is the most recent one.

Golden Grove, the forest thing right after you meet the lumberjack

EDIT: I feel like an idiot, i never added some of the patch files to the game -___-

EDIT 2: When facing Swablu and altaria, they do nothing. Jus figured id let you know

EDIT 3: its still a demo??

Last edited:

D. Lawride

Years
welcome_to_sitia_port_by_donlawride-d4qaj38.png

So it's been a while since I've released this sort of screenshots - here it goes! A - almost - full tour to what's in Sitia Port and what you can do there. Bear in mind that this isn't all, though! :D

First things first! In the first row is what I consider one of the main attractions. It's called the Battle Complex, and it's the facility I mentioned in my journal. You will battle five trainers in whatever order you want. You will do so for 5 rounds, with the ability to quit at any time. Trainers are level 25.

At the end, you will battle the Complex Master. Who it is? you'll find out! :D

In the second row are miscellaneous stores in Sitia. The first four are from the Explorer's Shop.

Here you'll be able to buy maps for your PDA. These maps WILL come in handy when you're navigating certain mazes, which will seem like labyrinths if you don't have this handy feature with you. He'll have new maps every now and then, so keep checking back to see if he has the one you need.

There's another part of the store, however; here, you'll be able to upgrade your tools (such as turning the Axe into the Pick-Axe, and so forth. He will require different items for each upgrade. Eventually, he will also mix items for you to brew even more powerful items for you to use in battle.

The fifth screenshot of the second row is a character well known to everyone who I won't bother explaining other than saying that he has a quest for you. And you need to fulfill it in three days or else the Lunatone will fall unless you use the Song of Dialga with the Ocarina of Dialga to warp three days into the past.

The third row starts with the Radio Tower. I won't specify what you can do here, but I can say that one of its uses will be identical to what you do on the Radio Tower in GSC/HGSS.

To close this off, we have the Sitia Port Museum, where you can learn about the History of Orthan and, if you're curious, know more about how it came to be, its climate, etc.. It also has Fossils! :D

Alright! This should be all for now! I hope I can keep you entertained while I work on 1.6!

Some tiles by me, other by Kyledove and Alucus, some overworld sprites by Salimus. 'Aperture' (Battle Complex) tiles by Aamelo.

Golden Grove, the forest thing right after you meet the lumberjack

EDIT: I feel like an idiot, i never added some of the patch files to the game -___-

EDIT 2: When facing Swablu and altaria, they do nothing. Jus figured id let you know

EDIT 3: its still a demo??

1. That should explain it xD

2. I'm aware, this will be fixed for 1.6.

3. Yup.

D. Lawride

Years
Been a month since I last updated on anything, so I'll leave a video update of the Battle Complex in Sitia Port, which is the first new thing you'll see in the next release of Nightmare; beware of spoilers!

This one shows the final challenger; some of the graphics are placeholders, as might the soundtrack in some points if I find another, more suitable one.

"GET ME MYYY MASK!!!!!!!!!!"

Aaah Majora's Mask you're still being thought about even today

Like anyone could forget that game! :D

ChainedTeapot

Let's Player
Years
Had a quick look through the thread but couldn't find anything about it. Having some random lag problems. I gave johnson the herb so he will give us the boat ride, saved in the house and quit the game. when I start I have no problems in the house but as soon as I go outside everything just has major slowdown which I haven't experience before. Any ideas what the problem might be?

Edit: After the boat ride the lag pretty much goes away apart from the room in Mt Pinnacle? (I'm bad with remembering place names) in the room where you follow the old man to avoid the falling floor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back