• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shining Opal [FULL GAME RELEASED]

Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2016
this game is really fun. it's fresh, has great graphics, and johto MUSIC

plus, mikachu is really good

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
Hey there, just thought I'd drop by and review this hack randomly.

Mapping:
Your style of mapping very well thought out, but I still see signs of the old maps when I'm playing. It's best to make your own maps rather than using originals as bases.
The tiles are well inserted except for that mart, having a sign on it really doesn't make it work.

Scripting:
This would have to be your best part.
Your scripting is solid and enjoyable, with not many obvious text and grammar errors.
You might want to try and stretch your limits to see how far you can take your scripting abilities, ok?

This hack is good overall but you might want to stretch yourself a little further to see what you can do ;)

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Finally! :D

I have FINALLY been able to get unLZ-GBA to work! I've successfully inserted axelrulezyeah's Mikachu sprite, Patched's Colby sprite, and someone's Kyle sprite! W00T!

Btw, Colby is your second rival.
P.S. Whoever sent in the Kyle sprite, please come forward. lol

Last edited:

axelrulezyeah

Spriter
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2012
I have FINALLY been able to get unLZ-GBA to work! I've successfully inserted axelrulezyeah's Mikachu sprite, Patched's Colby sprite, and someone's Kyle sprite! W00T!

Btw, Colby is your second rival.
P.S. Whoever sent in the Kyle sprite, please come forward. lol
hay ur finnaly on. i sent you team phystric sprites just as a gift. and if kyle is the dark gym leader then i think it was me but if he wasnt my bad. and great hack by the way im really loving it

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
I really like the looks of this hack except for one thing: Mikachu. The idea's nice but the two sprites that were fused don't work nicely. If more time was put into the selection of sprites and the actual fusing of parts it would be much better. Other than that I really like the idea. It's kind of like Team Rocket trying to get pikachu.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
Years
I played a bit of the beta.
It's looking like a really good hack.
My only problem with it is that I cannot nickname my Mikachu
:(.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Hey cool! Beta 2's out! It's been a while since I last checked it. Wow, every thing's completely remade! I also noticed you renamed Bad EGG to GLITCH. Nice work! Love the Johto music and the bus system! Awesome hack!

NoMasterBallsNeeded4Legends

★soɹɹʎ` ıɯ ndsıpǝ poʍu :)★
Years
looks awesome,
but since when do people wear ALL blue
this is a common thing to do (they wear all of one colour) but it might be cool to see him (her) wearing realistic clothes
also, the beginning has alot of text errors in the beginning

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 25, 2019
Spoiler:

Bug I found

Btw i am enjoying this very much the Mikachu
is great also awaiting the next release keep up
the good work and good luck

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2013
From what I've seen, this game is amazing. Still a few text bugs to fix, plus there's an unused person event that shows up on the bottom-right corner of Route 1.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Yay. 2.17! Are they're any really notable changes in this one? How far does it go?
This beta goes all the way to Klindor City, the fourth city, and includes the first Team Psytric event.
whats the differance between beta 1 and beta 2?
In Beta 2, you can go one city further and get one more badge. Also, it includes the first Team Psytric event.

CrieonX

King Kazma
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 27, 2022
thanx just finished beta 1 awesome mapping (wished I had running shoes but I remembered I have a spacebar and used it [Dunce XD])don't stop making magic.

Back