• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Fire Red 251+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Thanks for pointing this out! Have you used a Tyranitar yet? I want to figure out if it's the ability itself or Gary. I'll be testing this myself in the meantime, and see which it is.

EDIT: Sand Stream and Tyranitar themselves look perfectly fine. I'll be looking into Gary I guess. If all else fails I'll be giving him something other than Tyranitar to cover up the problem until I figure out what's up (I may just do this anyway using this as an excuse: Gary really doesn't have that much to abuse Sand Stream with once you think about it. Perhaps it would be beneficial in general to give him another powerhouse equal to it).

What Pokemon did you pick as a starter? It's essential to figure out what battle I need to look at. Also, were any other abilities active when Sand Stream activated (like for instance, other weather abilities)?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen May 15, 2017
Thanks for pointing this out! Have you used a Tyranitar yet? I want to figure out if it's the ability itself or Gary. I'll be testing this myself in the meantime, and see which it is.

EDIT: Sand Stream and Tyranitar themselves look perfectly fine. I'll be looking into Gary I guess. If all else fails I'll be giving him something other than Tyranitar to cover up the problem until I figure out what's up (I may just do this anyway using this as an excuse: Gary really doesn't have that much to abuse Sand Stream with once you think about it. Perhaps it would be beneficial in general to give him another powerhouse equal to it).

What Pokemon did you pick as a starter? It's essential to figure out what battle I need to look at. Also, were any other abilities active when Sand Stream activated (like for instance, other weather abilities)?

Hi, sorry for the late response :P

I picked Charmander for my starter. And no other weather abilities were active; I had no problems with any of the legendary birds and their new weather effects.

There's not much room for anything to affect the battle that way. I only use attacking attacks and calm mind/sword dance atm and none of my pokemon have any weather effects and netiher do Gary's (before the Tyranitar). I fainted everyone else before they make any altering moves (like sandstorm) so... I really have no clue what might be causing it from my point.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Since the champion rematch freezes when Sand Stream activates, why don't you give Tyranitar another ability?

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Since the champion rematch freezes when Sand Stream activates, why don't you give Tyranitar another ability?
I did actually come a little too quickly to this decision didn't I? XD

As as I said before, both Sand Stream and Tyranitar work fine. I've tested both separately and together in different scenarios. The problem is isolated to specifically Gary's Tyranitar, and... honestly? It's place in the team kind of sucks because there's nothing to use around it. Also Unnerve doesn't exist in this hack, and making his Tyranitar the only magical one with something else would be really silly. So I figured it would actually benefit the entire rematch champion by straight being changed. Which then turned into something a little more.

3.4d
Rather than let this be nothing but a hotfix, I decided to spice up the strongest trainer in the game a little. Hopefully I didn't nerf him in the process (especially for the Squirtle choosers), if someone feels like I treated him with kid gloves or did something completely wrong tell me.
-New sprites for Wooper, Quagsire, Snubbul, Granbull, and Qwilfish.
-Yet another decap on Daisy. The LAB will never be the same!
-Changed a lot of Gary's rematch team. Originally to fix a bug in the rematch, for the sake of surprises (and the fact that I feel Gary's rematch team in general still felt a little tacked-on by Game Freak) now the only Pokemon that is the same as in the vanilla rematch is Heracross. Though it does still go by a similar pattern to the original and is still fair, this may actually throw you for a loop just a little.

IPS: http://www.mediafire.com/download/pgsuuawjaqc1gwg/Pokemon_Fire_Red_251__3.4d.ips

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
I did actually come a little too quickly to this decision didn't I? XD

As as I said before, both Sand Stream and Tyranitar work fine. I've tested both separately and together in different scenarios. The problem is isolated to specifically Gary's Tyranitar, and... honestly? It's place in the team kind of sucks because there's nothing to use around it. Also Unnerve doesn't exist in this hack, and making his Tyranitar the only magical one with something else would be really silly. So I figured it would actually benefit the entire rematch champion by straight being changed. Which then turned into something a little more.

3.4d
Rather than let this be nothing but a hotfix, I decided to spice up the strongest trainer in the game a little. Hopefully I didn't nerf him in the process (especially for the Squirtle choosers), if someone feels like I treated him with kid gloves or did something completely wrong tell me.
-New sprites for Wooper, Quagsire, Snubbul, Granbull, and Qwilfish.
-Yet another decap on Daisy. The LAB will never be the same!
-Changed a lot of Gary's rematch team. Originally to fix a bug in the rematch, for the sake of surprises (and the fact that I feel Gary's rematch team in general still felt a little tacked-on by Game Freak) now the only Pokemon that is the same as in the vanilla rematch is Heracross. Though it does still go by a similar pattern to the original and is still fair, this may actually throw you for a loop just a little.

IPS: http://www.mediafire.com/download/pgsuuawjaqc1gwg/Pokemon_Fire_Red_251__3.4d.ips

Hey Wolfie, could you send me a list of all the things you decapitalised?
This´ll be really helpful for my rombase.

PS. I´ve fixed the Safari Zone Bait Bug, it was a similar issue to the Shinies.
The extended particle table messed with the bait. Why Bait´s´particle loading
is handled completely differently to the rocks, I don´t know.

I´ll be creating a hotfix relatively soon, in say a week.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Hey Wolfie, could you send me a list of all the things you decapitalised?
This´ll be really helpful for my rombase.

PS. I´ve fixed the Safari Zone Bait Bug, it was a similar issue to the Shinies.
The extended particle table messed with the bait. Why Bait´s´particle loading
is handled completely differently to the rocks, I don´t know.

I´ll be creating a hotfix relatively soon, in say a week.
Thanks a bunch!

Yeah I can do that, give me a day or three and I'll have a list made up.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
One more! And it's good, trust me!

3.4.999:
-Hotfix: Thanks to MrDollSteak I fixed the particle/palette pointer error that caused the Safari Zone's bait to freeze the game.
-Altered the Champion Rematch a little.
-I thought Stealth Rock was sorely missing from Giovanni's gym set, what with him being evil and all.
-Erika got a very slight boost in the name of coverage on the first Pokemon learning Sucker Punch: I noticed how Vileplume could kick butt, but it's cousin wasn't getting even a hit in.

IPS: http://www.mediafire.com/download/atktd823c7nix50/Pokemon_Fire_Red_251__3.4.999.ips

This is the last 3.4 version. 4.0 will have:
-Pokemon Data List! Finally! INI files (along with a very short how-to for INI files), this list, and the patch will be in one helpful zip file.
-ASM hacks. Trainer Facing Fix at least if not the BW2 Repel System will be fully implemented, for real this time.
-New Events, and Altering Cave will start housing non-legendaries (though the door to Navel Rock will still exist.)
-If it's done in time, I'll be updating the rombase to 1.4. Now this I'm really excited for, because it's going to have a great big type of addition. I'm not going to spoil, but I will need to put some work in on terms of implementing it into the game. Not that it's hard, just it's going to take some mulling over to figure out how to do it...

Basically, expect everything to be wrapped up in a way. I won't be done yet of course, but expect a while before this is all done.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 12, 2014
how do you acquire the other 2 starters (for me bulbasaur and squarely)

Years
  • Seen Dec 5, 2014
if pokemon with magic guard get poison the game freeze, can you fix that please :) ?

MrDollSteak

Years
if pokemon with magic guard get poison the game freeze, can you fix that please :) ?

Thanks I've fixed this. It would also happen with Poison Heal.
If anyone wants to fix this before I release 1.4, then just search in a hex editor for this string:
08 8C 01 08, and then replace the 08 with an 09.

Cheers.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Whoo, where has the time gone? I'm working slowly on everything, just wanted to drop by and say I'm not dead yet.

Thanks I've fixed this. It would also happen with Poison Heal.
If anyone wants to fix this before I release 1.4, then just search in a hex editor for this string:
08 8C 01 08, and then replace the 08 with an 09.

Cheers.
I'm tempted to do a 4.0 pre-release with this, but I'm not quite sure yet (if I did that, you'd be getting BW2 Repels and the new events/Altering Cave edits, nothing else). Either way the next release will have this. But I don't know when that will be still. :P

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Years
Whoo, where has the time gone? I'm working slowly on everything, just wanted to drop by and say I'm not dead yet.

I'm tempted to do a 4.0 pre-release with this, but I'm not quite sure yet (if I did that, you'd be getting BW2 Repels and the new events/Altering Cave edits, nothing else). Either way the next release will have this. But I don't know when that will be still. :P

1.4 of my Rombase is out by the way.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Should I start playing now or wait for version 4.0?

The main game isn't really going to be effected much by 4.0. Only reason for waiting is for the repel system. All is fine if you go ahead.

Also, I think I shall put a 4.0 pre-release soon, then the next one will have everything and 1.4 of the rombase.

By the way MrDollSteak, I'm still working on the decap list. I haven't forgotten. That's top priority after the pre-release.

MrDollSteak

Years
The main game isn't really going to be effected much by 4.0. Only reason for waiting is for the repel system. All is fine if you go ahead.

Also, I think I shall put a 4.0 pre-release soon, then the next one will have everything and 1.4 of the rombase.

By the way MrDollSteak, I'm still working on the decap list. I haven't forgotten. That's top priority after the pre-release.

Hey no worries man.
I'd apply 1.4 soon btw, just because I'll be releasing like 1.4a or something soon, with bug fixes.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Noted. I'm hoping 4.0 won't take too much longer.

Pre-4.0:
-ASM Hacks: BW2 Repel Routine is in and working. Thanks goes to Darathon for finding this and the tutorial.
-Magic Guard as mentioned earlier in the thread is fixed.
-New sprites for Shuckle, Heracross, and Sneasel
-Charizard now learns Heat Wave instead of Flamethrower, and the previous forms all still learn Flamethrower.
-Changed only a couple trainers to compensate. It's very minor.
-Legendaries are no longer wild in Altering Cave, now it has the former Memorial Pillar encounters. Memorial Pillar is pretty much back to normal now.
-Hoothoot and Gligar are in Outcast Island's water. Cinchou is found there via Good/Super Rod.
-Legendary Events are in and working. I'm not telling where, but to be fair I will mention that backtracking to Victory Road is necessary for one if you have beat the game already. It is the only one in Kanto, and it belongs in Kanto.

IPS: http://www.mediafire.com/download/issq5vsellgoe47/Pokemon_Fire_Red_251__pre-4.0.ips

Last edited:

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Have all the Pokemon sprites been replaced including shinies?
All Kanto Pokemon sprites have been replaced including the shiny sprites. Most past 151 have been (not Hoenn sprites for obvious reasons), but there are still some that are original. Eventually they will all be replaced, except for Unown Who literally has the same sprite throughout the entire series until X/Y.

As already earlier mentioned this hack currently uses The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource which consists of proper versions of sprites from various newer games. I update as soon as something comes available. Check the link for a closer look at the sprite images.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back