• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen If the follow me feature were to be implemented...

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
I would want Gigalith to follow me around. It's one of my favorites right now!

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
Years
Pretty much any Gen IV pokemon! I love them all (but maybe some more than others).

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 3, 2015
Serperior for sure. Either that or Reshiram. If I had to pick any other besides those two, I'd probably go with Pansear or Sandile because I love their sprites.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
My question is, why didn't they include this feature? I would have been great and I would assume after they did in HG/SS it would be included in every game after.

I would probably have Deerling follow me :3 <3

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2012
I don't know if its been said already, but this could totally work for the 3rd game. When you met N, he could say, "You keep your Pokémon in Pokéballs? How sad... they don't have a chance to breathe the fresh air, other than when they're in battles. Here, now the first Pokémon in your party will follow you outside of its Pokéball."

I would love if this feature was implemented!

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
My question is, why didn't they include this feature? I would have been great and I would assume after they did in HG/SS it would be included in every game after.

I would probably have Deerling follow me :3 <3

Partly it's because the follower system was developed for Heart Gold and Soul Silver at the same time that Black and White were being developed - this leaves little leeway for the two teams to actually co-ordinate the system and copy it over to the BW engine, not to mention all the special dialouge that has to be written, events that need to be re-scripted and the testing that needs to be done to make sure nothing goes wrong.

It's also because the sprite artists already had a mammoth task ahead of them to sprite all the new Pokémon and trainers, draw new back sprites for every old Pokémon, draw new front sprites for a good number of Kanto and Hoenn Pokémon as well as reworking all the existing sprites for the animation system.

Years
I'd keep to my original roots and have Lucario follow me around.

I don't see why this fun little feature was removed. I found it really cool.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
Years
i would probably have zorua at the moment because its so cute and its my current favorite gen V pokemon

Spanner226

Millefiore Mechanic
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2011
Lilligant or a male Lapras(But we all know Lapras cannot traverse out of water, so this option is negated in one way).

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 24, 2011
I choose Victini to follow me... =)

Years
Spr_5b_579.png

Reuniclus. It's just so cute :cer_love: ...

Psysaturn

Saturn: 2365 5097 2444
Years
Porygon.

Oh.. Gen 5? Pfft... I guess Larvesta. Only one I can actually see myself showing off or something...

Years
  • Age 35
  • AL
  • Seen Jul 5, 2015
I would have Boldore follow me, as he is a beast. He has come through for me more then most of my other team put together.

Back