• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Universal Pokemon Randomizer (randomizes gen1-5 games)

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2023
I have the same problem and have windows, I have tried CMD way but that wont work either. HELP

I get it to work using a .bat file with the following:
Code:
@ECHO OFF
SET BINDIR=%~dp0
CD /D "%BINDIR%"
"%ProgramFiles%\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Xmx128M -Xms128M -jar randomizer.jar
PAUSE

to make a .bat file:
1. open notepad
2. make your cmd commands
3a. File>Save As> (change the file type from .txt to all files ".")
and save as (file name here).bat
3b. make sure the .bat is in the same folder as the .jar file
4. double click the .bat file and enjoy the randomness

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 27, 2013
This Doesnt Work For Me, It Works For my friend and hes Tryed Giving me his Folder and it doesnt work and i downloaded and it didnt work.
heres what it says
The File Gameboy_jap.tbl is missing from the configuration Cannot Start.
Please extract the .Zip file before running.

ive tryed extracting it but i Cant run Folders.

Im Running a Windows 8 laptop With Java, 4 gigs of RAM.
My Friends Laptop is basically the same But he can run it.

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2023
Hmm I keep getting this error when I try to open it.

(Can't post link due to post count)

But I'm pretty sure it's in there.

This Doesnt Work For Me, It Works For my friend and hes Tryed Giving me his Folder and it doesnt work and i downloaded and it didnt work.
heres what it says
The File Gameboy_jap.tbl is missing from the configuration Cannot Start.
Please extract the .Zip file before running.

ive tryed extracting it but i Cant run Folders.

Im Running a Windows 8 laptop With Java, 4 gigs of RAM.
My Friends Laptop is basically the same But he can run it.

Try the internal config version

Edit: For some reason in B2/W2 swift (and maybe aerial ace and shadow punch as well) loses it's infinite accuracy. (with "No game breaking moves is checked")

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 27, 2013
Try the internal config version

Edit: For some reason in B2/W2 swift (and maybe aerial ace and shadow punch as well) loses it's infinite accuracy. (with "No game breaking moves is checked")
Thanks It Worked <3, Now i can Randomize My games <33

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 1, 2019
Yup worked for me too. Thanks! :)

Edit: Actually another problem /: I click save and give it it's own file name, but it doesn't save or anything.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 12, 2013
When I open the randomizer it says that the gamejoy.tbl is missing but its not any help?

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
My thing has a problem. When I press save and replace the original file, it does not appear with the gen 4 and 5 games. Also, almost all the options are grayed out and I can't change much. How can I fix this? ( BTW, I'm using the Internal config version)

I actually have the same problem and it doesn't seem like it has been solved yet, so I was just wondering if someone else experienced this kind of bug ??

Years
I know this is such a stupid question, and the answer is probably right in front of me. But I've been playing with this thing for almost an hour now and I still can't figure out how to play the randomized game. Any help would be appreciated. Sorry if this is a noobish stupid question, I just can't find the answer.

Years
Could someone send me any of gen 5 roms that work with their randomizer, cause for whatever mine doesn't, and i want to know if it's my computer or something else.

No can do, it's against the rules:

Forum Rules said:
Illegally tampered copyrighted software may not be posted or linked to.
Including ROMs, "warez" or cracks, no software that has been illegally tampered with, or distributed outside its legal means, should be linked to. This includes original BIOS or firmware files for any gaming platform. ROMs are copyrighted materials, and the distribution of them without any copyright holding is prohibited.

You'll have to Google for one yourself.

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2016
I have the same issue as HersheysPink, i click Randomize(save) give it a file name....then nothing happens, no save, no nothing. Fresh FR 1.0 rom. Any advice?

edit: Upon further analysis, its only when i have the wild pokemon randomized (in any way) will it not save.....which really, takes some fun out of it haha

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2013
How on earth do I get to randomize Wild Pokemon on my copy of Pokemon white? It's a clean ROM and everything, but I can't randomize anything other than stats and starters :(

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
Yo Dabomstew. How can i install it for GBA4ios? Tried but not working very well.

Years
I Have a Huge Problem
in Soulsilver i cant do any trainerbattle and can cant visit any house after violet city and the city just ends because everywhere its just blackground where i cant go on

That happened to me at one point. It's just a bad ROM. I don't think there's much you can do about it.

I'd like to sign up

Name: Clemstar
Game: FireRed

rhei1

Casual Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2018
Just a quick question before I get too into it. In later generations flash gets turned into a TM. If I randomize TMs will flash at least be obtainable or will I have to get lucky with some random moveset?

Last edited:

Lunacrest

has ninja'd: 2600
Years
The randomizer is not working for me, because it's not reading the GBA file I have.
It's not even showing up grayed-out.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
This is great! I played randomized Red and it was awesome and at times hilarious!
But when I tried to randomize Gold (and later Crystal) it all works fine until the first Wild Pokémon battle. At that point, after I defeat the wild Pokémon, my starter starts gaining exp infinitely followed by the game showing some weird error forcing me to reopen the ROM. How could I fix this?

EDIT: Once I unchecked the BW exp patch, it ended up working to perfection. GUess it doesn't work on Gen II games.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2014
Hey can anyone help me cause i randomized pokemon white and im trying to play it on r4i sdhc 3ds but it gives me the load rom ercode=-4 everytime. I have the latest firmware and i have formatted and reinstalled etc but nothing works :( Can someone please help cause i dont want to play this on my emulator.

Back