• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Trials - Signups

Limitless

Dream
Years
Team Trials - Finals

Team Trials

Team Trials is meant to test how well three players operate together as a team. Each player will play one of three tiers, ADV OU, DPP OU, or BW OU. Every round, teams will be paired against each other, and whichever team gets at least two wins advances.

There are two ways to join this tournament. The first is to have all three members of a team post, confirming they are a part of the team. The other is to sign up as a free agent for one or more tier. If a team only consists of two players, they may call on you as a free agent to join up with them. If there are still open spots for teams at the end of the sign ups, I will use free agents to make the last teams.

Basic Battle Rules
  • Species Clause
-You cannot have two or more of the same species of a Pokémon on your team.
-- Example: You cannot have two Charmander on your team.
  • Uber Clause
- Pokémon in the "Uber" tier list are not allowed to be on your team (besides the Pokemon listed in the special rules section). These Pokemon are subject to the tier that you are playing.
-- Because they have not been officially released, Keldeo, Meloetta (both formes), and Genesect may not be used on any team.
  • Sleep Clause
- You cannot put two of your opponent's Pokémon asleep at the same time.
-- Using moves that put your own Pokémon to sleep like rest will not trigger the Sleep Clause.
  • Evasion Clause
- A Pokémon cannot use moves or items that directly increase its evasion stat.
-- Sand Veil and Snow Cloak do not break this clause. BrightPowder and Lax Incense do break this clause.
  • Freeze Clause
- You cannot freeze two of your opponent's Pokémon.
OHKO Clause
- A Pokémon cannot use moves OHKO moves.
-- Example: Fissure
  • Self-KO Clause
- If both players are down to one Pokémon each, you are not allowed to use a move that KOs both Pokémon to force a tie.
-- If a recoil damage move forces a tie, then the Self-KO Clause does not trigger. Please notify Limitless if this happens during your match.

Teams:

1. Team TBD
ADV: Kevin Garrett
DPP: Wolflare
BW: Karpman

2. Team TBD
ADV: .Aero
DPP: Vrai
BW: Spinosaurus

3. The A-Team
ADV: PDC
DPP: Cartercr
BW: Irrelevant Pride

4. Team TBD
ADV: Suicunelover44
DPP: Over Yonder
BW: Riptide26

5. Team TBD
ADV: 47bennyg
DPP: Limitless
BW: dragonomega

Round 1:

Team TBD [2] vs Team TBD [1]
ADV: .Aero vs Kevin Garrett
DPP: Vrai vs Wolflare
BW: Spinosaurus vs Karpman

Team TBD [2] vs The A-Team [1]
ADV: 47bennyg vs PDC
DPP: Limitless vs Cartercr
BW: dragonomega vs Irrelevant Pride

Team TBD [3]
ADV: Suicunelover44
DPP: Over Yonder
BW: Riptide26

Finals:

Team TBD [1] vs Team TBD [0]
ADV: Suicunelover44 vs 47bennyg
DPP: Over Yonder vs Limitless
BW: Riptide26 vs dragonomega

Team TBD [0] vs Team TBD [0]
ADV: Suicunelover44 vs .Aero
DPP: Over Yonder vs Vrai
BW: Riptide26 vs Spinosaurus

Team TBD [1] vs Team TBD [1]
ADV: .Aero vs 47bennyg
DPP: Vrai vs Limitless
BW: Spinosaurus vs dragonomega

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
signing up for bw ou. will be forming team soon.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
Years
I can try signing up for BW if there's room.
I can't really battle well in any other gen. :x

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I'll sign up for BW buuuut I'll make an attempt to learn ADV and relearn DPP in the next few days, considering that I've never played ADV and was awful when DPP was around. Plus I anticipate a lack of people who know how to play either of those metagames out of our community soooo yeah. :o

I don't know if we can meet at least 8 teams but I hope we can. :x

Limitless

Dream
Years
If I have to, I'll make all the slots BW OU. I really didn't want to do this, but I don't see how this tournament will progress with no one even signing up for DPP and ADV.

Thoughts?

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
I'd sign up for BW OU initially, but I can give ADV a shot if I manage to learn it. It's difficult switching from BW to ADV because there's no physical/special split, etc. SkarmBliss annoys me in Gen 3 too. >:o So yeah, I'm willing to sign up for ADV, I just shouldn't be expected to be awesome at it. xD

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
If I have to, I'll make all the slots BW OU. I really didn't want to do this, but I don't see how this tournament will progress with no one even signing up for DPP and ADV.

Thoughts?

Well, some people have signed up for ADV and DPP, but not many play those tiers anymore ): And BW is the standard tier so obviously more people play it. I wouldn't give up just yet though.

Limitless

Dream
Years

Well, some people have signed up for ADV and DPP, but not many play those tiers anymore ): And BW is the standard tier so obviously more people play it. I wouldn't give up just yet though.

Those are the people from PokeBeach. :p

I honestly have no problem just making it all BW OU, but it takes some of the variety out of the equation. However, the crux of this tournament is working together as a team, so I feel as though it wouldn't be a problem.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
i can get back into dppt, and learn adv some more if i have time. i'm sure some of us won't mind.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Those are the people from PokeBeach. :p

I honestly have no problem just making it all BW OU, but it takes some of the variety out of the equation. However, the crux of this tournament is working together as a team, so I feel as though it wouldn't be a problem.

The only problem is that with such a small battling community, we're of little variety. I know some people are going to try and spread their wings but don't expect any of us to be good... XD

I mean, I know Aero and I are down for learning ADV (and Spinosaurus too although I don't think he's signed up) and I guess I could try DPP again although I was never ever good at it. I'm sure we can adjust although it'd take a little time and practice to learn new metagames. Besides, I've always been interested in learning to do ADV. (and it'd sure help if I ever actually participate in a Smogon Tour etc)

Hopefully our regulars will be willing to try new things. :3

Years

The only problem is that with such a small battling community, we're of little variety. I know some people are going to try and spread their wings but don't expect any of us to be good... XD

I mean, I know Aero and I are down for learning ADV (and Spinosaurus too although I don't think he's signed up) and I guess I could try DPP again although I was never ever good at it. I'm sure we can adjust although it'd take a little time and practice to learn new metagames. Besides, I've always been interested in learning to do ADV. (and it'd sure help if I ever actually participate in a Smogon Tour etc)

Hopefully our regulars will be willing to try new things. :3

While I've never actually played it, DPP looks like a metagame that I'd really like, ADV, on the other hand, I'm not so sure about.

Back