• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Forever the Pikachu Race

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today

I don't like DS-Roms...

It's funny that PC has a Rom-Hacking section, even though it's illegal to modify games/Roms (especially for consols)

Reminds me, that I have to finish Pokemon Snakewood...after the Poke League the game gets really annoying, though.

Kieran_90

That guy that you think you remember
Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2015
88, ^ yes, so as long as you post no links to roms it is fine... Anyway, getting off topic. What's your favourite pokemon? Mine's Venusaur!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today

Nope. As soon as you by a game, you get the rights to play the game, you just bought. You can even throw it against a wall or whatever. You even have the right to get a backup of it by extracting the Rom to your PC (you therefor have the right to own the Rom). This also means you don't have to right to give your Rom away (distribute it).

But owning a physical copy isn't the same as owning the game (and its source code). Rom Hacking basically is changing the code of a game to create a new game and because it's not your code, it's illegal.

It's the same with anime fansubbing, that's illegal too.

Pokemon related topic: favourite Pokemon would be: Scythor, Scizor, Venomoth, Guardevoir, Nidoking, and some others ^^

Last edited:
Years
Well if it's illegal, then don't do it, nobody forces you to do it, that's the way Dad did it, that's the way Unova does it, etc etc.

Favorite Pokémon? Any and all that can kick the arses of Pikachu haters, and then some.

Years

I like the Chiko line TBH. I just don't think they're practical in Johto because the entire damn region despises grass-types.
And I don't mean the inhabitants. I mean the region itself.

Kieran_90

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2015
88, the number jumped up an extra above, so mine and the extra down.

Years

how DARE you go off-topic!

Now where were we?

Nonono that's not how I meant it. What I was saying is that Johto is CONSTRUCTED to its very FABRIC to be INHERENTLY EVIL to any GRASS-TYPES. Think about it. How many of the gyms have a type advantage over Grass? 3. How many gyms RESIST Grass? 4. And let's not forget Koga's Poison E4 layout and Lance's... honestly it's more Flying than Dragon but you get the point.

Kieran_90

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2015
88, I didn't go off topic, as the rules state that posts must be about pokemon or the game. I said to stay on topic because I didn't like talking about roms, and we were drifting away from pokemon altogether, talking about legalities of roms. Anyway, I think that in G/S/C/HG/SS there should be an option to make your pokemon inaccessible and begin kanto like a new game, then get both region's teams together for red! Your thoughts?

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017

I'd like it better if you started in Kanto, and when you beat the Elite Four and go to Johto, your Kanto team becomes inaccessible. But vice versa would be okay as well.

Kieran_90

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2015
89, thinking about it, I prefer it that way too! One day they should do an all region version like that too, then you face off against leaf at the end. Yeah, I kindof hate red.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today

I'd like to have a main series Pokemon game which you can complete without trading. It annoys me since gen one. Took me for ever to complete Blue and Gold...

Years

I wish they'd make a game that would FOR ONCE make the starting town at least kinda important TO THE PLOT. I mean, like they did in Ranger 3 for example. Rainbow Village can technically be called the starting town. Guess where you get the Rainbow Grail?

Back