• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Really memorable quotes from the Pokemon games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zowayix

hi
Years
Are there any quotes from the Pokemon games that just really stick out in your head? I'm not talking about "infamous" ones such as Youngster Joey's "top percentage Rattata", I'm talking about ones that really make you think about them or appreciate them.

Here's a few (might be paraphrased slightly):

RSE:
From a signpost and the object in the middle of Southern Island:
"Those whose memories fade seek to carve them in their hearts..."
"All dreams are but a reality. Never forget..."

RSE:
Said by a trainer on Route 104 after defeat:
"If you need to make a difficult decision and you let someone else decide for you, you will regret it, no matter how it turns out."

Ranger: Shadows of Almia:
Said by Principal Lamont upon graduating:
"...What I hope for all of you is but the same. Don't worry, I'm not going to say something impossibly difficult or challenging. 'Please don't forget to smile.' That is all I wish of you."

Any others?

Jarred0809

The Eternal Lurker
Years
"I've been pondering lately...how much longer will I be wearing shorts?" -Youngster
Just kidding. The only real thing I can think of is everything Mewtwo said in the first movie.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
"Technology is incredible! You can now store and recall items and Pokemon as data via PC!"

That fat guy's words are really stuck in my head since like forever.

Zythrone

The One And Only!
Years
"Remember my super cool Rattata? My Rattata is different from regular Rattata. It's like my Rattata is in the top percentage of rattatas."

Even though you said not to... I must.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
"I like feisty kids like you" - Sailor from R/B/Y.

I find it funny how quickly this thread changed from serious and deep quotes to hilarious ones.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Guys, can you quit posting the nonsense quotes? That's not what the OP is asking of you. Seriously. I'll just lock this if you don't wanna do it right. And game quotes only, please.

I find it funny how quickly this thread changed from serious and deep quotes to hilarious ones.

It better change.

Archenoth

(cozy)
Years
Oh, there are a lot... Unfortunately I can only really remember a couple right now.

These are mostly in Black/White, but that's only because it is the freshest in my memory. (So I can find them again relatively easily)

Even if you lose in battle, if you surpass what you've done before, you have bested yourself. - Marshal

If somebody wins, the person who fought against that person will lose. That's battle. A good contender just seeks the next victory without bragging after winning, and without getting upset after losing -Grimsley

Living is using time given to you. You cannot recall lost time. Don't forget that... -Random NPC in Driftveil City's northmost building
(Actually the others in that building have some other nice quotes.)

If we live a monotonous life do we get used to it and stop thinking about changing it? -Random NPC in Icirrus City

The games are gold mines when it comes to things like this... There are far more, I'll just have to find them again sometime I guess.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I've always leaned towards the female characters for quotes, for whatever reason, and these have to be my favorites"

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best." - Karen of the Johto Elite Four

"Having everything go your way is the road to disillusionment. Knowing the difference between what's impossible and what's possible... I used to know someone who talked about that a lot." - Caitlin of the Unova Elite Four

Those would have to be my favorites. I sure wish Lorilei got a little more game time, I'd love to hear her quotes. She was so wise in the anime, why couldn't they make just as in the game? :c

Nagaraja

আমি সর্প থেকে নোয়ান নিচে হবে
Years
"<Player>! You said you have a dream… That dream… Make it come true! Make your wonderful dream a reality, and it will become your truth! <Player>! If anyone can, it's you! Well, then… Farewell!"
-N - Pokemon Black.

This has stuck out to me ever since I heard it. For some reason, it empowers me to do my best, and make my real life dreams come true.

Years
"Um. I'm Cheren, from Nuvema Town. My goal as a Trainer is to become the Champion."
- Cheren, Pokemon Black and White

That is why I like Cheren more than previous rivals cos he looks nerdy.

Archenoth

(cozy)
Years
Silly Pokemon quotes

Hey all..! Just to make a place for these since they appear to be populating the "memorable quotes" thread.

So, post the memorably hilarious, or silly quotes that are in any of the Pokemon games here. I'm sure we all remember quotes like "Hey! Why aren't you wearing any shorts?", or "I like feisty kids like you".

What are some other silly quotes that you guys have run across?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
"I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear!" Youngster, R/S/E.

"My Rattata is the top percentage of all Rattata!" Youngster Joey, HG/SS

"It's a $10 million fine if you're late!" Barry/Pearl, D/P/Pt

I found those very hilarious, to be honest.

Guest123_x1

Perhaps my favorite silly quote is from Red and Blue on Cinnabar Island after you trade a Raichu for an Electrode:

"That RAICHU you traded me... went and evolved!"

Definitely an epic fail there (although I know the reason for this)!

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
Years
My favorite quote is from B/W in the Battle against Preschooler Tada.

Before battle: "I am very strong. I will never lose."

Then I thought he'll say something after I defeated him but he said this:

"AAAAAAAAAAAH!!!"

My second favorite quote is from a female Backpacker at the subway. When I defeated her, she said: "You are strong. I wanna run away."

phonastik

Strange Quark
Years
I think this was from a Lass on the way to Mt Moon in Red/Blue: "Eek! Did you touch me?" Which she will say after she notices you and walks up to you. Go-go gadget arms!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back