• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First rule of Fight Club: Don't talk about Fight Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
They should have some elementary language classes as a kid. But I guess we're too busy trying to stuff calculus down our kids' throats to fit in languages.

droomph

weeb
Years
Well, in Germany they have English and French classes starting in 3rd grade, so my German teacher is now a French teacher instead because she speaks French that well.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
You'd think they'd want out kids to learn languages first, before they tried learning Math from the barely understandable German guy teaching it to them. yes, there was a guy at the Jr. High here where I live trying to teach math, and you couldn't even understand him. So they tried pushing a German class, just so they could understand this one man.
My town is stupid. .__.

Blah. I have to go to work. :c
If anyone would like to volunteer to go instead of me Ill happily take that offer! :'D

Years
Anyone is lucky to have a job right now.

Learning a language young is the best way. I remember my grade school had Spanish lessons once a week, but they stopped in 3rd grade so I can't remember anything I learned from them.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
More parents should do that thing where one parent talks to the kid entirely in one language and the other parent speaks to them in another, so they learn both imo.

droomph

weeb
Years
Also, something that's cool that runs in my family is that my mom talks to me in Chinese and I reply back in English. It's really a mind**** for outside listeners who only know either Mandarin or English.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I need to practice my Japanese and my French. Otherwise I'm going to lose both of them, and I'd really not like that to happen. As well as that, I'd also like to learn Spanish... and there's no real time like the present! All I know is that hola = hello, buenos dias = good day, and hermano = brother. And that last one I know only from episodes of Arrested Development.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Hermana is sister.

Spanish rule #1. If it ends in a o or a, then (usually) changing to to either a a or o will change its 'gender'.

droomph

weeb
Years
Spanish rule #2: if it ends with -os, then the "the" for that word is "los".

Looking at all these old banned people by accident. Kinda sad how they can't follow rules though.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Been wanting to learn French sometime soon while I still have the time, I'll probably start learning by the end of the summer though since I still need to finish moving to my new place and all.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Omg rerun of Colbert is on. I could watch Colbert for hours.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
I liked watching RT, Adam Kokesh, Alex Jones, etc., and local news.

I rarely watch TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back