• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon August Emerald

Status
Not open for further replies.

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
Magnificent effort, you're awesome!
I love the graphics and the colours.
The backgrounds are okay. :]
But I don't like the new overworld, I prefered the green one.
Anyway, good luck! :]

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2022
Just as a suggestion, I don't think you should be using those RSE elements you're using in battles. It would probably be better to remake them.

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2010
Hey after you beat we beat the game, could you make it we can join a team (magma or aqua, or both) and like, have ranks, and then like we can trade points for fire (magma) or water (aqua) pokemon with lugia and suicuine being the ultimate reward for team aqua and ho-oh and entei being the ultimate reward for team magma? i have a list of how it could work, but thats just a base idea.

The Dewitty

Pixel artist, professional leo
Years
Just as a suggestion, I don't think you should be using those RSE elements you're using in battles. It would probably be better to remake them.
Yeah, I was going to do that anyway.

Hey after you beat we beat the game, could you make it we can join a team (magma or aqua, or both) and like, have ranks, and then like we can trade points for fire (magma) or water (aqua) pokemon with lugia and suicuine being the ultimate reward for team aqua and ho-oh and entei being the ultimate reward for team magma? i have a list of how it could work, but thats just a base idea.
Umm.. say what? At the end of the game magma and aqua are sort of.. canceled. Though, you'll get trouble with team Rocket

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years

Also one thing to remember, this is his game. He can carry out his game, his plans, and his visions in any way he wants. Fangames that people are making in their own free time, are usually to their wants, and not just requests from one person that would like to play a game according to their wants. If you want a game with you being a part of team magma and aqua, that is fine, but if you want it - you will have to make it yourself. It is really irritating when random people just randomly spam your thread with various requests and nonsense like: "I want you to release the game so I can play it" or "I always wanted a game with this, this and this...now put it in". Just put yourself in the developer's position, and try to see how irritating posts like that are. Some people that would get attacked by spams like that, would just quit and run away. Post some constructive comments, like how to make the systems better, or maps and graphics. Post when you want to offer some help.
I see that you have many ideas (from the posts in other threads) so why don't you start in game development yourself. If you have ideas, and so badly want them there isn't much point in demanding it in other people's games, it is better just to make it yourself (and it's easier too).

@Dew:
With that aside...the game looks good. I like the tiles, though the Pokemon Lab in Littleroot, looks a bit weird (the extension on it's left side). The color palettes are good and the overall structure of the buildings. I like the fact that they look fresh and modern. And like someone said before, May's sprite looked better when it was green. Also...try to make the battle backgrounds a bit more pixelated, because the pixelated enemy and player bases just clash a bit with the battle background, throwing it a bit out of balance, though you should stick to the battle backgrounds you have now

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
The old May sprite, in my opinion looked a lot better. But that isn't saying you should get rid of the red one all together, maybe have an option at the start where you can choose either of them? I don't think the battle backgrounds look too un pixelly, after all they are of course the same amount of pixels as any other backghround would be. But maybe that's just becuase I've had a better look at them ;)

The Dewitty

Years
Also one thing to remember, this is his game. He can carry out his game, his plans, and his visions in any way he wants. Fangames that people are making in their own free time, are usually to their wants, and not just requests from one person that would like to play a game according to their wants. If you want a game with you being a part of team magma and aqua, that is fine, but if you want it - you will have to make it yourself. It is really irritating when random people just randomly spam your thread with various requests and nonsense like: "I want you to release the game so I can play it" or "I always wanted a game with this, this and this...now put it in". Just put yourself in the developer's position, and try to see how irritating posts like that are. Some people that would get attacked by spams like that, would just quit and run away. Post some constructive comments, like how to make the systems better, or maps and graphics. Post when you want to offer some help.
I see that you have many ideas (from the posts in other threads) so why don't you start in game development yourself. If you have ideas, and so badly want them there isn't much point in demanding it in other people's games, it is better just to make it yourself (and it's easier too).

@Dew:
With that aside...the game looks good. I like the tiles, though the Pokemon Lab in Littleroot, looks a bit weird (the extension on it's left side). The color palettes are good and the overall structure of the buildings. I like the fact that they look fresh and modern. And like someone said before, May's sprite looked better when it was green. Also...try to make the battle backgrounds a bit more pixelated, because the pixelated enemy and player bases just clash a bit with the battle background, throwing it a bit out of balance, though you should stick to the battle backgrounds you have now

Hey Luka, thanks for you reaction, but I'm always open to an idea. The idea seemed fine to me, but.. nah. Though, glad you like the game. It's also funny that tons of people really liked the Littleroot lab, but everyone has his own opinion.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 30, 2010
yeah sorry meant to make it more of a suggestion then a "HEY PUT THIS IN THE GAME" Lol, i should say i did have a list, which i could recreate but it took 4 hours to put together lol.

Anyways it will be good to see a remake of emerald

oh and one last thing luka

Fangames that people are making in their own free time, are usually to their wants, and not just requests from one person that would like to play a game according to their wants - luka i gurantee you, if you call yourself a game developer then you must be sorely mistaken, a game developer just dosent create what only HE wants - a game developers main decisions are to effect how it appeals to the audience. after all what do you call a game that is only enjoyable for the creater, and not the fans? to create a good game, he must burrow ideas

Last edited:

FlaafyFTW

Researcher of Orange Lore
Years
Ah i just wanna wish you luck and i hope this project continues all the way - Hoenn is one of my Favourite Regions =D

The Dewitty

Years
@Nroug, no, I know it was just an idea. Unfortunately, I'm not gonna use it. Though, other new, cool features will be in the game.
@FlaaffyFTW, thanx ;)

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
It is on the first post. He updated the plot.

I like how it starts. It sounds really interesting.

The Dewitty

Years
Screenshots will follow soon also. I finished the new overworlds of the heroes and be mapping Rustboro City soon.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Animation is quite annoying but I suppose people will like it.
The screens look great, the cloud effect works well. Also good to see May is green again.

The Dewitty

Years
I used the animation not to take that much space. The May sprite is green again indeed, but totally different from the old one. Glad you like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back