• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Whats your faveourite type of fic?

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
Years
I like fantasy (extra points if its in a world unlike our own), adventure (quests=<3), comedy (I love a good laugh, if it's clean.), and "magical girl/boy" stories (I've been trying to do this kind of story in the Pokeverse for a long time.)

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Anything that's well-written. Even if I chose a specific favorite type, if I read a badfic, I still won't like it as much as something that's well written in a genre I don't like.

But if I had to choose, I like writing crack fics (if it's just the plot that's crack and not the dialogue because I'm not particularly fond of random dialogue like "I like cheese"), dark fics (because they relieve stress), and science-fiction or fantasy.

Reading, meanwhile, I like anything, really. Basically, anything that wanders off the beaten paths a lot of other fics follow. The kinds that have plotlines that aren't just "new trainer goes off in new region," "characters fall in love," that kind of thing. Not that there's anything wrong with those, either.

Enperuto

Lurking Connoisseur
Years
I probably like journey fics best because they are so similar to the original franchise that pulled me in. However, I also love darkfic (Jax's A Midsummer Knight's Dream especially) and science fiction. Unfortunately there isn't much good sf to be found.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Shipping fics and dark fics. Or better yet, combining the two. That's how Face Down and Just A Brother were born, actually.

Back