• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon GlitterGold (Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Pingu

Pokemon Slayer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 29, 2009
Hey, I've just replied to Gym Leader Lance's PM and I'm going to take a look at the missing event, but most likely I will code it from scratch to make it easier to understand and will include all of the prviously missing features, if i can easily fix it though I will just add on :p

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
Your green text is hurting my eyes. Please change it to a different color.
(I'm not using lime just so you can read this)

I don't mean to be rude, but...well, I'm using the Dialga VS Palkia skin, so the lime green's not an issue for me. If it's that bad, just change the skin you're using to a darker one (or just highlight it). So far, that's the only complaint I've gotten about it. If more people have an issue with it (or if Avatar thinks I should), I'll consider it.

Anyway, like Pingu said, I'll be sending him the game so he can look at it and see what he can do, most likely tomorrow or Tuesday, at the latest.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
And I've sent the game over to Pingu, so he should be posting in a few days. Meanwhile, like I said, is there anything anyone would like screens of? Keeping in mind that the game's gone up to the Elite 4, of course.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Wow, I can't believe I never commented on this game..

I hope you would bring it back, it's truly one of the best G/S remakes out there! Keep going man!

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Can't wait to see more Lance, and if you want to, can we see some screens of Ice Cave? (One of my favorite areas)

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
Heh, luckily, I screen'd Ice Cave a while ago. It's with Route 44:

GlitterGoldScreens11.png

Ignore the afternoon-look in there. I should've worked it out so the Day/Night effects don't show in caves anymore.

Yuoaman

Years
Yay! Ice cave rocks! I cannot wait to see more of this game Lance, I am sure you'll do great things in the future.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
Done! XD

GlitterGoldScreens10.png

This one also has Mahogany Town in it, up top.

GlitterGoldScreens12.png

This one starts with Lake of Rage, and then shows the first two floors of the Mahogany Rocket base.

The only flaw I think I've had with Lake of Rage is that I'd never been able to get a charset of the Red Gyarados, so I tried to revamp the GSC sprite. Matter of fact, I still don't have one. If anyone has one and wouldn't mind posting it, I could use it.

Yuoaman

Years
Sorry it took so long to reply, anyways the screens look amazing! And I really hope that you get the charset you're looking for.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
Heh, thanks. I hope someone has it.

Meanwhile, Pingu is still looking over the CBS, so I guess, until he posts, I'll be filling screen requests. So does anyone want to see anything?

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
Just a quick update: Pingu has started looking over the CBS. I'd expect him to post sometime, when he's figured a few things out. In the meanwhile, if there are areas in the game that you'd like screenshots of, don't hesitate to ask.

Meanwhile, with Neo-Dragon's coding help, I'm going to try to perfect the Blackthorn Gym boulder-pushing thing. We'll see how it turns out.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
Wow, uh...I didn't think a little more than a month would go by, and not have Pingu post anything about the CBS. I thought he'd have posted something by now. Hopefully, this post bumping the thread isn't against the rules now.

Well, I'm really hoping Pingu gets back to me on the CBS, since I want to make sure I finish this game, or at least get into a good deal of Kanto before I decide to pause or pass it on to somebody else. I wouldn't mind showing more screens while I wait for Pingu, either.

Xaviar

I left my brain in its jar
Years
Well, it looks good so far!

If you decide to post anything, I'll definitely take a look.

And about the download site... It doesn't seem to be working. It keeps sending me in a circle between the page with the "DOWNLOAD NOW!!" button and the page that says "Your download link will appear in -- seconds." When I click the link, it just sends me back to the DOWNLOAD NOW page.

Besides that, I wish you good luck! There's been a lot of attempted GSC remakes, but I think this one can pull it off.

fireyboy345

Skilled Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
Wow, uh...I didn't think a little more than a month would go by, and not have Pingu post anything about the CBS. I thought he'd have posted something by now. Hopefully, this post bumping the thread isn't against the rules now.

Well, I'm really hoping Pingu gets back to me on the CBS, since I want to make sure I finish this game, or at least get into a good deal of Kanto before I decide to pause or pass it on to somebody else. I wouldn't mind showing more screens while I wait for Pingu, either.

what did you mean be passing on the game. Its yours and you shouldnt let someone else finish. The acomplisment alone will feel good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back