• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Eye of the Storm (DarkMage is back!)

RM2K3kid

Insane..
Years
What have you got the AI doing at the moment? I hate lag but I never seemed to run into any.. wait I did when I was creating my reflection system that worked but then I lost it :(... Well sounds great can't wait to see some in-game shots.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
The AI is currently able to visibly identify intruders if the hero is close enough and in little shadow. All the framework is there for a completely unaware stage of awareness. I started implimenting some basic motion detection, but it didn't work out all that hot. I'm redoing that. Sound detection is next.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
You must have a hard time working them all out...

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
It's actually not that bad.

nvg7.jpg

nvg8.jpg

Yeah, I know it's not exact, but it's good enough. The head won't be there in the game. BTW, I didn't model the head. I found it on the web somewhere.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Ugh, just remembered: after my computer crashed, I lost the 3D object file for the goggles! I need to remodel them... oh well.

So I FINALLY finished all the poses for transitioning from crouch to standing and back. I'll attach the charset here if you want to check it out. The reason there are so many posses are because there must be a transitional phase for each frame of walking so the transition is smooth when the character is walking. I'm considering making a new pose for sprinting when you push the speed all the way up.

Breakout

sugar free
Years
  • Age 35
  • Uk.
  • Seen Jun 17, 2008
Nice character set DM, your right, there are a lot of poses, lol.

A sprinting version would be a good idea, so the character doesn't look as if its walking really fast.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
w00t, I remade the template in my 3D modeling program so I should be able to make maps more efficiently now. What kind of locations would you like to see? Do you prefer indoors or outdoors?

D-jo4000

Gamemaster. Pokeruler
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 12, 2009
I atcually like both equally but if I had to choose 1 outdoors

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
I'm not using chipsets ;) Panoramas are my maps

I'm thinking about doing a mix, but mostly inside. Like, maybe you start outside then find a way to infiltrate inside.

One more question: for 3D cutscenes, would you rather see them in .avi format (video) or a ****load of sequenced pictures? I may be able to cut down filesize and codec compatibility issues with using pictures, but I can only do that at 10 frames per second and might look choppy. Plus there'd be a whole lot of pictures in the picture folder (there are already about 170).

D-jo4000

Gamemaster. Pokeruler
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 12, 2009
I'd like to see some avi I don't like choppy things

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
It really wouldn't be all that choppy... once my finals are over I'll do some comparisons in filesize and fluidity.

BTW, check out my sexy new sig. I'm thinking about changing the normal logo text to that. The font was previously less techy and more gothic. It's on the first post of the first page, I think, if you want to compare.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
That reminds me of the GTO opening. Anyway, that really looks nice DM!

Breakout

sugar free
Years
  • Age 35
  • Uk.
  • Seen Jun 17, 2008
I think AVI would be better, but if your worried the file size being too big you could always convert it into RM format.

Back