• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
That is NOT very nice, Jaxxy. :<

Neither is denying us of the glory that is this post. Come now. General gets a statement about chicken wings, and all we get is the fact that he can't speak English?

And someone needs to stop changing their name a thousand times. >[

It helps me avoid the aliens who are trying to probe my mind.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
It helps me avoid the aliens who are trying to probe my mind.

I'd suggest a body change then :P XD

But trolls tend to liken to the negative response, which we did not give, though of course no answer...

Trolling trolls is fun too XD

Anyway...

*waits for a wordpad DSiware program, so he doesn't have to bring a notebook with him, whilst travelling*

Lana.

*spin*
Years
I'd suggest a body change then :P XD

But trolls tend to liken to the negative response, which we did not give, though of course no answer...

Trolling trolls is fun too XD

Anyway...

*waits for a wordpad DSiware program, so he doesn't have to bring a notebook with him, whilst travelling*

Body change is too expensive, though. Name changes are much cheaper. ^^

While trolling trolls is fun, watching them get bored and such with no response can also be fun. If you get past the fact they're annoying little buggers, they can be quite amusing to just watch.

And if I ever get a DSi (and I'm hoping for one this month for my birthday ^^), I think I'll keep using my notebook. Can you imagine typing on that thing? o_0 I'll keep writing old-school, thank you. Pencil/Pen > stylus.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
I've just gotten used to typing, though, funny as it is, I feel more organized with paper (I think it has to do with too much minimizing and maximizing on the computer).

Some of the day to day DSiWare is a clock and calculator, when you buy a DSi, you get 1000 points free, and so far, most downloadables are under 800 points.

I am a mod at another site I regular, so I get to use the ban button etc, if things get out of hand XD

I don't usually troll them though, I just take snipes at the fact that they are trying to up their epeen, or similar.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I sincerely hope I don't have to troll everyone again in order to show those of you that don't know how to recognize the various levels of trolls. Only because, while trolling is fun, I don't feel up to it today, and haven't in a while.

*Lanee, it's awesome to see another person still using pen/pencil and paper to write. No matter what, I will always prefer writing with a notebook on my lap, and a pen in my hand. It just makes me feel so awesome, hearing the scratch of the pen.

Of course, I'm old-school enough that I still listen to cassette tapes, and periodically, record albums. (I believe that I still have a few eight-tracks lying around the house.)

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Of course, I'm old-school enough that I still listen to cassette tapes, and periodically, record albums. (I believe that I still have a few eight-tracks lying around the house.)

Perhaps a few DADs and SAs and HD-DVDs too? :P

I remember buying the mortal kombat score on tape Oo

I think the most annoying part for me that when I do write it on paper, that I find it difficult to translate onto the computer, because I tend to edit it as I go too...

I think that is why I leave brainstorming strictly on paper.

Who knows... school may soon require students to brainstorm on computers instead of on paper. Ther are already programs out there that allow for that...

Who knows, perhaps they might not even have the need to teach kids on how to write the language anymore, and instead go right into spelling, using the keyboard.

txteclipse

The Last
Years
I trump you all with the calligraphy pen I have stashed away in the drawer next to me. >:3

Really though, I like old stuff. Kind of a given for a guy writing a medieval fic, but yeah.

And now I totally can't remember why I was writing this post...something to do with something...I'll edit if I remember, I guess.

EDIT: Oh, I remembered! How far do you guys go when imagining your characters? For instance, I've reached a point where I can have conversations with mine in my head, and I've developed my Latias character to the point that she could probably be considered her own entity. I'm beginning to wonder if that's not slightly unhealthy...

Last edited:

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
How far do you guys go when imagining your characters?

I talk to mine out loud. Not always in private, either. ^_^ They're like the friends I don't have.

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
Years
I talk to my characters too. XD I've managed to stop myself from doing it out loud after people started to think I was insane a few years back, but I still move my mouth sometimes... the weird thing is, I can't talk to them as myself, it needs to be another character within their universe. Or at least a crappy self-insert. Just not me, myself.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years

Yeah, me talk to my characters too. Sometimes it's just too fun.

And, see, I was questioning my sanity before, so I'm not really worried about it. :D

Lana.

*spin*
Years
Talking with characters is just too fun. Even if it is you that's thinking up their words in the conversations, they're still really fun to talk to. I don't use character skeletons to outline them, either. I just let it all roll over in my head and ignore their complaints when I decide to do something bad to them.

And writing on paper just seems so much more simple. Of course, I have to transfer it to the computer so a) I don't lose all of my writing and b) so I can submit it later to whatever site.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
*reads responses to txt's question*

I'm no longer alone.

<3

Yeah, I talk to my characters all the time. By myself, out in public, don't care. Same with my muse. Talk to him all the time.

Also, I have two Sims of two characters I write about. <3 them too.

As for writing on paper, the one thing that I find difficult about that is when I write really fast, and I can't read my handwriting. This happened this morning when I was writing.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
As for writing on paper, the one thing that I find difficult about that is when I write really fast, and I can't read my handwriting. This happened this morning when I was writing.

What's even worse is when you pick up on a story from a year ago and your handwriting has drastically improved since the last chapter. -cough-

Is it bad that I actually yelled at one? ._. And use them in comparisons at the worst possible times?

Lana.

*spin*
Years
Yeah. Writing fast kills me too; my handwriting is half cursive, half print because I hardly pick up my pen/pencil from the page. The writing is all connected.

And the ever-fickle muse. He annoys the crap out of me; he refuses to cooperate in crowded areas where people can easily see what I'm writing.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
Years
Same here. I talk with my characters occasionally, though not too often, and mostly while I'm writing.

Mostly, it has to do with whatever I'm writing at the time. The characters comment on the various situations I plan, and react when I put them in uncomfortable situations. I find it particularly funny to listen to them whine when I do something involving them getting hurt/humiliated. And Kij's sarcastic remarks every time I put him through a painful experience is definitely a pick-me-up.

But I noticed this only applies to OC's; canonical characters NEVER speak. I dunno why.

And a very select few of my favorite characters have become constant, invisible companions to me.

Dagzar

The Dreamer
Years
Unlike most of you guys, I don't talk to my characters. I'll have them talk to each other, sure, but not to me. I get bored whenever I try it and would rather think of scenarios for my characters instead.

And now I feel left out. <_<

Lana.

*spin*
Years
Canon characters aren't mine, so they don't speak. They were introduced to my mind instead of being created in them. Maybe if you worked on a fic that was really into developing a canon character a dramatic way, it would seem like your own. *shrugs*

Last edited:

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Yeah I too have the characters talk with each other, as I like to be subtle about them.

txteclipse

The Last
Years
Yeah, I talk to my characters all the time. By myself, out in public, don't care. Same with my muse. Talk to him all the time.
My muse is a burning bird that lands on my brain at exactly three o'clock in the morning, and finds Gatorade to be hallucinogenic. I kid you not. Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure he's a raven like the one from Edgar Alen Poe's The Raven. I've always imagined them both speaking in this kind of mysterious whisper. A quiet whisper to contrast the magnitude of the secrets he withholds from me...

Wait, it's a little early for you, isn't it? Mind the curtains on your way out.

*flutter*

Yeah. Writing fast kills me too; my handwriting is half cursive, half print because I hardly pick up my pen/pencil from the page. The writing is all connected.
Heh, you do that too, huh? I try to convince myself that it's stylish, but that's just a lie.

Last edited:

Bay

Years
I would talk to my characters, but it's mostly in my head whenever I feel like messing with them and see how they would react to certain jokes and such. XD I don't do that too much though as I think more of scenarios I want them to go through and see how they're played out. XD;

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back