• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should women be allowed to go topless in public?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
I always found it strange why a man can go topless in public but a woman cannot.

I remember being told it is because a female's topless body is sexually attractive to men and society wants to mitigate this in public so children and such aren't offended.

Well woman can also be sexually attracted to a man's topless body so that logic seems moot to me.

RTHookers

Banned
Years
Women already go with those tight crap...

...Topless, eh?..............................................................................................................................HOLY-^%$^%^^54.

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
Years
That'll never happen in a million years. Why? for one, it'll attract a ton of perverts young and old. And two, it's just wrong.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
Years
Well, I think they should be... because they do on beaches and that's a public place with children about? xD; As long as they have a bra on then I see nothing wrong with it to be honest. P:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Bras are like swimsuits except we can't go swimming in them, I say. Like one said above, we're allowed to wear swimsuits in publics places like beaches when they're kids, so I don't see why it's too much of a problem, as long as one is wearing a bra.

I myself want to go out in just a sports bra because it's so hot outside sometimes. :U

Years
Bras are like swimsuits except we can't go swimming in them, I say. Like one said above, we're allowed to wear swimsuits in publics places like beaches when they're kids, so I don't see why it's too much of a problem, as long as one is wearing a bra.

I myself want to go out in just a sports bra because it's so hot outside sometimes. :U

That in itself is perfectly legal as far as I'm aware. The core of the issue is going completely topless, without a bra or something similar covering your breasts, which is not permitted for women, but is legal for men. That's what I think the OP was getting at.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I don't even think men should be allowed go around topless we'll say, in town or cities, on main streets, I find it pretty off putting. But in beaches, parks and certain other recreational areas people should be allowed to. Women are allowed to go topless on beaches at least, I'm not sure about other places, but I honestly don't think it's that big an issue.

Lunyka

Pokemon Breeder
Years
It depends on society and the FCC. The FCC blocks tits in most movies and TV shows so the FCC basically creates what falls under the law of indecent exposure.

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
Years
It's disgusting on the wrong people. Some sweaty fat man passed me by the other day and I had to turn away. Even on a woman it could be potentially bleugh from my point of view. But hey, if you can pull it off and you wanna go around topless, I will most certainly not be standing in your way.

Well, figuratively speaking.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
Years
I don't know why, but heck, people kick off when a woman breastfeeds in public, no matter how discreet she is.

I agree with the point that being topless for anyone should be restricted to around recreational areas. The worst thing is when you're sitting in a cafe or something and some sweaty person walks by... Puts you right off your food. >:

Years
Well i honestly think that they should be aloud to since it makes nearly no difference to when men do it. And to be honest lets face it, its going to be very unlikely that any woman is going to go outside topless.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Yes, also, I think everyone should have the right to go out naked.

This. As far as I know, it is legal here. I never understood why showing the human body is so horrible for some people. It's not like you aren't ever going to see your parents naked, even just when getting out of the shower or something.

Being naked is just... the most natural thing for any living being. Except us. But I don't see why somebody willing to break a social convention should be legally punished for that.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
Years
no. i dont think anyone should be able to go topless. you just dont need to show off your body to everyone. but people already kinda are with the revealing/tight clothes they wear.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
Years
I don't think anyone should go topless in certain places. It's fine for all people to be topless on beaches, and men are somehow allowed to be topless pretty much anywhere, but it's kinda wierd when you're in a café or something and a topless guy comes in... like has been said, it's offputting. :/

shot571

No i dont think they should be allowed. Not sure why though guess its my upbringing. I just think women should cover themselves. On the other hand I dont think men should be allowed to go around topless either.

Your turn bobby

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 25, 2012
For men being topless lets them show off their muscles and stuff but for women it makes you feel vulnerable so it is different. That is why it is not allowed.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 6, 2015
Yes. probably maybe idk

I don't understand why its considered "Indecent" for a woman to run around topless.
Why is it? Is it the nipples? because men show their nipples all the time and no one gives a crap. its it the fact that women have boobs?

What about fat guys with man boobs? shouldn't that be censored too?
Why do people start freaking out when women breastfeed? I don't understand it at all

know what? instead of women running around topless. how about the men put something on :C
i'd rather we all just put some clothes on instead of a bunch of people running around naked.

we might see people we REALLY do not want to see that much of ._.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back