• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help needed with an event in Rpg maker 2003

Airiesca

Newb Rom Hacker
Years
Yeah, im working on a game in rpg maker 2003 and Im having a little trouble with a event. Im trying to make an Npc walk up to the king and then a message that says *bows*. When I tried to do this either the message box would be blank and would repeat, or the box would never come up and the game would freeze. Oh also if anyone knows how to test play the game in a windowed mode instead of fullscreen that would help. (my screen looks all wapred in fullscreen). And is there a way to make a one-time event where the Npc deletes itself and stays deleted even if you leave the map and come back?

Thx in advance

Edit: Figured out the fullscreen thing. Grr another question, how do you change the battle pictures of your characters?
Edit:nevermind about the battle thing.

Last edited:
Years
To make an event stop after it's done what you need it to, you can turn it off by using a switch (Switch Operations, or Change Switch if you use RM2k), then create a new page in the same event, and turn on the switch.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
remember to post these sort of issues in the help/requests thread next time.
If you'd like I could change the title of this thread if you want to discuss the game
you're working on here

Back