• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Uxie, Mesprit or Azelf?

Who's your fave lake guardian?

• Total voters
Years
Ah, the cute lake guardians of Sinnoh - aka Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf.

We have the yellow defender Uxie, the pink all-rounder Mesprit and the blue attacker Azelf, who reside in Lake Acuity, Lake Verity and Lake Valor respectively.

480Uxie_Dream.png
481Mesprit_Dream.png
482Azelf_Dream.png

But what this thread is about is - Who's your fave member of the trio?

Vote in the poll and give reasons!

Years
I'd have to say mine would have to be Uxie because I first saw her in Mystery Dungeon and I thought she was cool! As for the otheres they don't have any effect on me and I honestly can't stand Mesprit is looks ugly.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Gotta say Mesprit because it is commonly considered to be feminine and despite being a male, I quite like feminine Pokemon. Also Mesprit is so cute!

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I've opted for Uxie, on the basis that it represents the quality of intelligence. I myself can relate to it, as I'm more of a logical thinker and wouldn't make decicions based of my emotions or determination to achieve. I'll usually plan out a decision, and evaluate the benefits, risks and consequences associated before carrying out a deed. Appearance-wise however, Azelf and Mesprit (Azelf for me moreso) take the cake.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
I went with Mesprit, purely for aesthetics. Although in general, I'm not a fan of the Lake Trio.

Mentalii

Back
Years
Uxie *v* I don't know why... Its sleepy expression... So cute. (what a fully detailed explanation)

Sirfetch’d

Azelf is by far the best. It has a great movepool and good special attack. Uxie is a good defender, but Mesprit is just like a bad Cresselia.

Years
Azelf has better attacking stats and in general looks pretty cool. Uxie is pretty good defence wise and is the cutest of the three. I personally hate
Mesprits design and stats etc.. Like Jellicentfan said it's like Cresselia's weaker younger sibling.

In the end I had to go with Azelf for its better move pool and for what it represents.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Mesprit! It's adorable and has awesome stats for someone like me that loves using interesting move sets/strategies. I'd say Azelf is certainly most useful in battle out of the 3, but Mesprit is way more fun to use and it looks cutest by far x]

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
This was a difficult decision between Uxie and Azelf, they're both Pokemon I adore. I ended up picking the wise Azelf for a few reasons.For Uxie,it's sleeping expression is something that always made me smile, just how adorable it is xD! It's moveset and stats are decent as well. Other than that, I think it's design is just the best out of the three Lake Guardians.

Azelf, being the willpower Pokemon I just personally love. I'm a person who uses willpower often and would most likely resemble this beautiful Pokemon. Its design is also stunning, I personally think. All of Azelf basicially is different shades of blue, a wonderful colour I like.

Mespirit, isn't a Pokemon I like. The design is rather ugly, in my opinion and the choice of colours wasn't really my thing. It also frustrated me when I was attempting to catch it for my Pokedex in Platinum so I kind of loathe it now.

So yeah this was a pretty difficult decision, but I decided on the intelligent Azelf.

Years
Uxie by miles - yellow's one of my favourite colours, I like the knowledge thing, it was the first one I caught on Diamond, and it won a lot of Cute ribbons in the Pokémon Contests lol :)

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Azelf, defs. Has good moves, very adorbs, and I like the name.

Back