• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First rule of Fight Club: Don't talk about Fight Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
This is the internet. Not the nicest of places. Trolls exist on just about every website that it is possible to have them on. If trolling upsets you in any meaningful way, you shouldn't internet.

But then the troll 'wins'.

Usually just get in touch with a site admin or something if someone is harassing you and they'll probably deal with the problem. If not, then you should probably just leave the site - but you don't have to leave the internet entirely lol.

For example there was this one time where I threw a comment jokingly at Toujours but she took it the wrong way and then contacted Captain Fabio - a super moderator - who then contacted me and explained things out and then I sent an apology to her and now as per her request, I keep away from her. Problem solved.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Trolls are an issue because we feed them. In other words, we let them get to us. If we just ignore them, we'll be a okay. Obviously this is if you're on a site like Youtube. On a forum, the troll gets an infraction. :3 (Post wise)

Honest

Hi!
Years
It took me a couple of seconds to figure out what the hell you were talking about Andy LOL.

Never did understand why there were two variations of the word okay. OK seems dumb. It's like someone messed up writing "What a KO!" and wrote "What a OK!" Then he looked at the paper and went "OK, that was stupid. HAH PUN" And from there on, the word OK was born.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I was never good at destroying planets, all I wanted was to make wooden reindeer.

Spoiler:

Honest

Hi!
Years
Are you mad because students were cheating, or that students are being suspended?

Crap, I blogged my response by accident

Neither actually. I'm mad because of how this incident caused some radical changes in the school, my school.

Example: Before, students were allowed to use laptops and tablets within the classroom and in the halls. Not anymore, they can be confiscated when seen. But the rules doesn't exist cause it's effective in reducing cheating, but because it makes it seem as if the school's actually doing something.

Not sure if that last bit made sense.

Years
Crap, I blogged my response by accident

Neither actually. I'm mad because of how this incident caused some radical changes in the school, my school.

Example: Before, students were allowed to use laptops and tablets within the classroom and in the halls. Not anymore, they can be confiscated when seen. But the rules doesn't exist cause it's effective in reducing cheating, but because it makes it seem as if the school's actually doing something.

Not sure if that last bit made sense.
So... they're not letting you use computers and stuff because it makes them look like they're being tough on cheating?

I can understand that during tests or the middle of lectures, but like, on your own time? That'd be... ridiculous.

Honest

Hi!
Years
So... they're not letting you use computers and stuff because it makes them look like they're being tough on cheating?

I can understand that during tests or the middle of lectures, but like, on your own time? That'd be... ridiculous.

Thank you!

And that's just the tip of the iceberg, they've also completely gone on a tangent and changed rules not involving cheating at all.

This one is the one that infuriates me the most. Now, all club meetings require the presence of the club advisor. That's a teacher, mind you. How the hell is one teacher supposed to be at club meetings, especially when it's a very active club. It's like they don't trust us to be on our own.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Speaking of clubs, I was kicked from the debate club and I was the captain of it. Too debate-forward for them I guess. :<

Years
This one is the one that infuriates me the most. Now, all club meetings require the presence of the club advisor. That's a teacher, mind you. How the hell is one teacher supposed to be at club meetings, especially when it's a very active club. It's like they don't trust us to be on our own.
Well, if you're on school property after school's out I can see why they'd want someone looking after you, but if you're just, I dunno, sitting together at lunch then that seems a little funny.

Do you go to a private school or something? Or have things changed a lot since I was in high school?

Ice Car

Banned
Years
Speaking of clubs, I was kicked from the debate club and I was the captain of it. Too debate-forward for them I guess. :<

How do you get kicked from the debate club when you're the captain anyway?

I hope they actually debated it instead of all just deciding to kick you.

Honest

Hi!
Years

Ouch, that really sucks. A lot of irony could be seen there, too. Whatcha do?

Well, if you're on school property after school's out I can see why they'd want someone looking after you, but if you're just, I dunno, sitting together at lunch then that seems a little funny.

Do you go to a private school or something? Or have things changed a lot since I was in high school?

Well, yeah, we are within the building. But for the past, I dunno, dozen or so years, they've been okay with it. It's just madness to ask one person to supervise a group when he or she probably won't have the time. And if they really enforce the rule, that'll mean less time for clubs.

And nope, public. One of the most known school's in the United States, we're supposed to be elite. Supposed to be.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
How do you get kicked from the debate club when you're the captain anyway?

I hope they actually debated it instead of all just deciding to kick you.
I'm really not sure. I was given very few details about it, though it could possibly have to do with the fact I missed two meetings that I organized because I found it difficult to balance my athletics, band and school work all at once, so going to a club four days a week for two hours after school just found itself at the bottom of my list of priorities. Whatever, like I said, other things are more important.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I'm really not sure. I was given very few details about it, though it could possibly have to do with the fact I missed two meetings that I organized because I found it difficult to balance my athletics, band and school work all at once, so going to a club four days a week for two hours after school just found itself at the bottom of my list of priorities. Whatever, like I said, other things are more important.

Well, at least you're okay with it. And boy, sounds like you do a lot. D=

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
1772176_o.gif

In all seriousness, were you a particularly controversial captain during your time?
Haha, not really, unless you count winning basically every debate any of us would ever have counts.[/font
Well, at least you're okay with it. And boy, sounds like you do a lot. D=
I guess so. It's really not compared to other people I hear about over the internet of course all of what I hear could be made up but I can't get any proof.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I guess so. It's really not compared to other people I hear about over the internet of course all of what I hear could be made up but I can't get any proof.

Oh, trust me, they exist. One of my best friends is taking four AP classes this term, which means 6 next term (those are advanced classes). Not to mention she's also a part of god knows how many clubs. And she still has an amazing GPA.

Ice Car

Banned
Years

"You missed two club meetings because you had a life to attend to. We, the members, instead of removing you from Captain are kicking you from the club entirely. Good luck trying to have debates in real life ****face."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back