• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shaymin vs Heatran

Who do you like more?

• Shaymin

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • Heatran

Votes: 9 37.5%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
Another quick question who out of these two do you like more from D/P/Pt Shaymin or Heatran? I would also like it if you could tell me why please and thank you.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Personally I prefer Heatran. Although many really dislike it because of its appearance, I really like it. Not only for its design but the concept surrounding it. I admit though, it would have been nice if they elaborated more on its backstory in the games.

Anyway, this type of thread would be more suitable in Pokemon Voting Polls, rather than Fourth Gen Gaming, as this board is more for the discussion of the two series of games and not for discussions regarding just the pokemon they contain.

Moved

Last edited:
Years
I voted Shaymin, cos it's so adorable.

I mean, cute Legendary with 100 in every stat, a badass looking alternate forme and it's my fave 4th Gen Legendary.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
For me it will be Heatran cause it will definitely win Against Shaymin maybe just one Eruption could do it! :)

blue

gucci
Years
I really do like both, DPPT introduced a great deal of legendaries of which most I like but this time I'll vote for Heatran.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I voted for Shaymin, because I think Heatran looks like something coughed out by a cow, and Shaymin Sky form is awesome.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Heatran doesn't learn eruption XD

I like them both equally, they are both unique and powerful pokemon.

The Heatran obtained from Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia does have Eruption as one of its moves.

Anyway, while Shaymin's cuteness was tempting, I went with Heatran because it has the type advantage over Shaymin. It also has goos Special Attack, as well as a good movepool.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I'm going to have to go with Shaymin. It's a pretty cute legendary and one of my favourite legendaries introduced in Generation IV. On the other hand, Heatran is probably my least favourite and just doesn't appeal to me at all. :x

Sirfetch’d

I really like Heatran. It was the last Sinnoh pokemon I found and it really became useful when I started to use it. It is also a great pokemon competitively.

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2013
Shaymin, just for the cuteness factor, and plus I have a huge bias towards grass Pokemon, anyway.

Mentalii

Back
Years
Heatran has a odd and scaring design that disturbs me. I don't know if I must laugh or be worried about the designers when I see it. Really x)
So Shaymin... Well, it's my least favourite "cute legendary", but it's still a Pok?mon that I appreciate. And at least its two forms are good.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Heatran. I never liked Shaymin at all, it seems like such a whiny baby Pokémon if you ever had to meet one and it's sky forme looks ridiculous and cartoony D: Also it's kinda ridiculous for a tiny little hedgehog like that to have 100 base stats in everything >.> Heatran on the otherhand looks amazing and deserving of it's stats, plus Steel/Fire is a very interesting dual-typing to work with. The huge Ground type weakness is irritating, but a balloon fixes that issue no problem :p

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Wut wut wut? Shaymin is unbelievably adorable. I don't even like the color green but the way it matches up with the white is delicious. OMG the pink flower and its little eyes and its little paws melt my heart. OMG her sass in the movie /dies

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Shaymin is super cute and its appearance in the anime was just great, it had a great character, and the Skymin form was super cool, more than you could say about Heatran's anime appearance... Anyways, I'd have to say Shaymin. Heatran is cool and all, but it just never really cut for me, even if it may be really strong, but I never got to try it out in the games, so I can't really relate to it. I've however seen Shaymin as a character, seen its attitude, and kind of gotten something to relate it to, so I feel like I know more about the Pokemon than I otherwise would.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Heatran. Everybody seems to love Shaymin, but I've never really been a fan. I don't know why, it's just a bit too 'cutesy' for me. Heatran is kind of a badass and I love his typing.

Back