• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
surfer treecko said:
For some reason, maps stop working when I change their size... Changing the x or y by 1 doesn't usually do anything, but changing the dimensions to 13, 23 (or any other drastic change) causes the screen to go black when I warp to them. I've really no idea what causes this or how to fix it...

So I'm not the only one who has had this problem! I eventually got my map to work after retrying a bunch of times, but I would still be interested to know what the cause is if anyone knows.

CrystalStatic said:
Is this happening to all of the maps you change?

For me, there are specific maps that seem to have the problem (e.g. dotted hole, viridian forest, etc...)

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
So I'm not the only one who has had this problem! I eventually got my map to work after retrying a bunch of times, but I would still be interested to know what the cause is if anyone knows.

For me, there are specific maps that seem to have the problem (e.g. dotted hole, viridian forest, etc...)

Is this happening when you change the size of the map to a bigger size than the original? Because if it only happens when you decrease the map size, I'm guessing it might be from the events that are begin cut off. When you decrease the map size, some of the events that are near the edge of the map get cut off of the new map.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
CrystalStatic said:
Is this happening when you change the size of the map to a bigger size than the original? Because if it only happens when you decrease the map size, I'm guessing it might be from the events that are begin cut off. When you decrease the map size, some of the events that are near the edge of the map get cut off of the new map.

It happens when I increase the size of the map.

And even if it did happen when I decreased the size of the map, events could not be the issue as my rom has been cleaned of all events.

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
Hey my PC friends! =)
I was wondering if there is a trainerbattle number that you can use so you have a battle with a trainer, and if you beat him your pokemon get all healed up, and if you lose, your pokemon still get all healed up. (So you don't have to beat him in order to progress through the game, just fight him)

I know trainerbattle 0x9 does this but also adds the OAK text in the battle, and I don't want that =S

So pretty much what I want is trainerbattle 0x9 but without the text part =P

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2013
Quick question: About how much free space does a Fire Red Rom have on it? My offsets just broke the 810000 mark and I'm getting nervous about free space.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Quick question: About how much free space does a Fire Red Rom have on it? My offsets just broke the 810000 mark and I'm getting nervous about free space.

You, still got a huge amount of free-space left until FFFFF0, well you can expand the rom if you want more free-space... :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2013
You, still got a huge amount of free-space left until FFFFF0, well you can expand the rom if you want more free-space... :)

Oh really? Thanks! I was worried because I had a hiccup in my game where he crossed over a script, I saved and shut off the game, came back in and walked forward and things where messed up everywhere. Couldn't use warps, random people popping up, etc. Good to know that wasn't the issue.

surfer treecko

help, how do I...?
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2016
@Crystal Static: It seems to be house interiors and dungeons that break when I resize them. And like absol said, events don't seem to be the problem, although checking those was one of the first things I tried.

@shinyabsol1: When you say you retried a bunch of times, what do you mean?

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
@Crystal Static: It seems to be house interiors and dungeons that break when I resize them. And like absol said, events don't seem to be the problem, although checking those was one of the first things I tried.

Oh! I think I might know why now. This happened to me a little while ago, but wasn't really a re-sizing problem. When you edit the house interiors, do you use the "grosser block" at all? (The copy and paste function)

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
surfer treecko said:

I mean that I tried re-sizing again on backups of my rom until it finally didn't crash when I warped to the map.

surfer treecko said:
@Crystal Static: It seems to be house interiors and dungeons that break when I resize them.

hmm, you're right...it does seem to only be interiors and dungeons. But what about Viridian forest? Does that map crash for you when making it bigger?

CrystalStatic said:
Oh! I think I might know why now. This happened to me a little while ago, but wasn't really a re-sizing problem. When you edit the house interiors, do you use the "grosser block" at all? (The copy and paste function)

I didn't use the grosser block on any of my maps...

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
@shinyabsol1

I don't have any guesses besides this: Maybe it is because you got rid of all of the original game's events. When I used to delete the events, some really weird glitches would occur in my game (like game-killing glitches). Instead of deleting the events, just move all of the events to the corner of the map and mark the "person events" as "hidden". Everyone that I know does that and I do that as well. (Since I started doing this, I have had none of the glitches that I used to have) :)

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE REPLY!!!

I am looking for a guide on how to script an in game trade script! I don't understand how to change the pokemon you trade in the vanilla script so if someone can show me how, or link me to a tutorial, or even show me what to put to change the script already in the game to change to the pokemon I want, I will be forever greatful!!!

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
CrystalStatic said:
I don't have any guesses besides this: Maybe it is because you got rid of all of the original game's events. When I used to delete the events, some really weird glitches would occur in my game (like game-killing glitches). Instead of deleting the events, just move all of the events to the corner of the map and mark the "person events" as "hidden". Everyone that I know does that and I do that as well. (Since I started doing this, I have had none of the glitches that I used to have)

I suppose it's possible that it has something to do with deleting events, but that still doesn't explain why it only seems to happen on certain maps :\

I haven't had any game-killing glitches as a result of this problem, though, (and I can't bring the events I deleted back) so I'm just going to continue working around this problem.

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
I have a question. Hope someone can answer.

How would I go about changing the screen that comes up before going into the Viridian Forest in Fire Red? (The graphic that shows a bunch of trees then fades out into the normal map)

Thanks for your time in advance! :)

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2016
hi pal.from your message i can derive that you like charizard(me too) and just want it in your rom. Now there was a time i was in same situation. I wanted all my favourite pokemons in one rom,but cannt get any hack to provide me that. I was desprate,i read on net,watched youtube videos,there was this one hacker-jambo51 and shinyabsol,they helped me,it was a thing I just wanted. And now I have entered my own sprites of kyurem,kyurems both forms,rath and benmummy from ben 10,jinpachi mishima and nina etc from tekken game and lots of fakemons in addition to various 4th and 5th gen pokemons in my fire red rom. I have inserted over 100 scripts,maps etc. And am still doing more. So,if you have passion,just find on net(poke community) is a great site.look in tutorial section for your needs. Read there,watch on youtube,and try one thing at a time.
As for your request-not only can you enter silver version charizard in your rom,but you can also enter any sprite you wish. How-
1.i do all work in fire red gba rom,so if it were for a gba rom I could tell you exact names,but as your game is a gb/gbc rom ...ok firt do a thing-
1.search net,use google or you can find on this site(pokecommunity.com),swampert tools,etc,there are gb/gbc hack tools.
2.look for a tool description to enter new sprites in a rom. I will update this tools name after i find it.
3.download that tool.
4.choose a sprite of your fav pokemon.you will easily find them on net.there must be two images,one front one back.
5.Now you remember the software i said,to insert pokemon sprites...open it,load your rom,and select any pokemon.example bulbasaur...
6.thern click file,and there must be a option to save this image of bulbasaur.save on your desktop.
7.minimize this image inserting software for now.
8.look at the image you saved. .check its size. I think its 8x8 or 16x16(not sure). So your new image shall be of this size only.
9.download a software called irfanview(must have)..open your new image in it.press cntl+ r to resize it,and resize it to the size you got of your games sprite.ie.of bulbasaur. Ex.16x16
10.now in irfanview only,decrease image color to 16.and save the image on desktop.let it be image 1
11.now goto change pallete and rlace first color of you sprite to the background color and save this image as indexone on desktop.let this be image 2
11.open your image 1 in ms paint(the one you get in windows XP and not win7 one,as it would not work).once opened,select all and copy.
12.open image 2 in other mspaint and paste image 1 on it.
13.your messed up image 2 will turn fine. Save it.
This is an indexed image.if you didnt got it,read in pokecommunity tutorial section,how to index a image.many good tutorials are there.
14.similarly create an indexed sprite for your back sprite.
15.now open your image inserting software,goto any pokemon you want change,ex charizard,cthen click file,import image
16.import your indexed images,and click save.
17.you might also need to have free space finder software if it says image size too big aborting.
18.as i said i work only on gba rom,so i might not have helped you much,if you get your job done,i shall be happy. If not pm me and i will post it with pics.and tutorials.
Till then...bye.and make sure you geet your charlizard inserted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back